Ouya playcast (open beta) - stream Splinter Cell: Conviction and Lego Batman 2 (free)

Bruce LeeRoy

CAGiversary!
Playcast streaming service offering Splinter Cell: Conviction and Lego Batman 2 free as part of their open beta. Dust off your OUYA and give it a go!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried this the other day... Video was excellent and in HD, and the controls were about 95% on in my opinion. A very miniscule amount of lag, but even something like Splinter Cell was very playable. LEGO Batman was even better because it requires less precision.

Overall I'm extremely impressed...even if this isn't something the masses will flock to the Ouya over, anyone that is still bashing this little system needs to check it out. I don't hear too many Ouya owners complaining.

Bravo to the developers of playcast!

Lego Batman streams just fine. I found SC:C had a bit of lag (maybe due to the shit controller)

Last edited by a moderator:
I might as well give this a shot.  I had gotten the Ouya out a while ago when they gave me some free credit to use on the store but honestly most of the prices were not so great even on sale.

What's an Ouya?
This is the response I see from people that have never tried one. It's fun to bash something you have no experience with isn't it?

If you truly don't know what it is, it's a really cool open platform Android box. Honestly, there's not much in the way of media that this thing won't do.

Lego Batman streams just fine. I found SC:C had a bit of lag (maybe due to the shit controller)
I thought Splinter Cell streamed decent, although I didn't play too far into the game. Neither game was perfect though. Thankfully games today don't require the accuracy or quick response they used to back in the day...

Has Ouya reduced the controller lag in general on their system yet ? I bought one at retail release and the lag was horrible when using their own controller. It was fine it you plugged in a 360 controller or something but not using their proprietary one. 

Unless they fixed that issues seems it would be very difficult to play games using this service with a double dose of controller lag.

I have played a handful of regular Ouya games recently and have had no issues. It might be more of a problem for specific consoles or controllers, but for me I have no problem. I do however have issues with lag on emulators, which is odd I think.

bread's done
Back