Overheating during DVD playback only??

crazynater

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I was wondering if anyone was having similar problems. My 360 keeps overheating whenever I am playing DVDs, it plays for about 20 minutes on a fresh start of the console then freezes up. When I try stopping then starting the DVD right away, it won't play at all. Game discs don't seem to have this problem as I can play them without any apparent stalls or holdups. Anyone have similar problems? How did you solve/remedy them?

The only thing my DVDs (and some games like Oblivion) tend to be is HOT when I pull them out of the 360. My solution, and so far it has been working a bit better is using the Cooling stand from Madcatz, the one with the battery charger and remote cradle. It has its own power, and draws none from the 360, but it blows a gentle current of air (almost inaudible when the 360's running...) up through the bottom of a vertically placed 360.

Since then, DVDs and Oblivion, which were particularly toasty when playing for more than 10 minutes come out merely warm....

Might give that a try.... I got the thing for $15 locally. (Gamestop IIRC.. or maybe Wal Mart...)

bread's done
Back