Overstock.com's Return Policy and "Customer Service"

Cornfedwb

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Anyone had any luck getting them off of their lazy asses and getting a return proccessed? I could use some pointers here.

Here's the story, my PDA went MIA and Overstock had the best deal on a replacement. I order a Zire 72 next-day air from them. I get the pda next day, works for 2 days and then kaput, won't power on, won't do a thing.

I then procede to contact Overstock's "customer service" department and am told they will send a call tag to me via e-mail, then resend a new product and the process should take 10 days, however they would "put a rush" on it since I need the pda for work.

After 12 days, I finally receive the call tag, a week after they received the product, I called to find out what was going on. I'm told its in "processing" and should be ~1 week for me to receive a replacement. Two weeks after this discussion, I recontact their customer service department (this time through their live chat.. what a joke that is, sending ads as they chat with you), I'm then told that the return has been processed and they will process the refund within two weeks.

So basically, instead of having another PDA within 10 days (probably faster due to the "rush"), I should have a refund after nearly two months.

Oh, and I forgot, they are refunding the pda cost and the shipping, but not the extended warranty, but I can "move that to another pda if I'd like to purchase one".

I've had too much trouble myself with Overstock in the past, so I've stayed away from them since.
It's up to you if you feel this is an isolated incident and you can do business with them again, or if this ends your relationship with them. I'd fight on getting the warranty refunded.

Bought a PDA from them once. They shipped the software on a ghetto CD-R. I was giving this as an x-mas gift to my sister. Friggn had to make a label for it to make it look half-decent. Needless to say, I don't buy from them anymore.

It's only worth doing single purchases with them. Buy something unimportant and be about your buisness. Honestly if there was something I REALLY needed in a rush, B&M all the way because the speed of internet orders can be deceptive.

I've just ordered from Overstock recently , but I didn't have a problem getting my items. But then again I only ordered 2 books from them. Thanks for the heads up though. I will think twice before I buy any big ticket items from them.

I ordered FIFA 2005 when it was $10. Overstock charged me $17. I called to get a correction, and they cancelled my order!

I have sent at least ten e-mails to them, describing the situation. Everytime, I get a form letter response that doesn't make sence; It doesn't relate to the issues. Calls to overstock are answered by noobs; that way isn't helpful.

So no ideas, but the best of luck to ya.

Just noticed this got moved to Deal Discussions & Bragging Rights.. out of curiousity, how does that make more sense to someone?

[quote name='Cornfedwb']Oh, and I forgot, they are refunding the pda cost and the shipping, but not the extended warranty, but I can "move that to another pda if I'd like to purchase one".[/QUOTE]

Wow, that whole thing is terrible, but that last bit is really bad. I'd call them on the phone and insist they refund the warranty since they didn't replace the unit in anywhere close to the timeframe they promised, plus when something breaks after 2 days you wouldn't need a warranty to get your money back anyway.

If they refuse ask to speak to 'a manager'/escalate the issue and see if they'll give you some satisfaction. They might not, but I think that'll give you the best chance of having the money refunded.

Another thing you could try would be suggesting/insisting they give you some nicer model (this will work especially well if the model you ordered is OOS or no longer available) for the same price with the same warranty.

I ordered some bedsheets from Overstock recently. I ordered a 400 tread count sheet which is pretty good. They sent me a 600 thread count sheet instead (although the color was different). Still, I kept the sheet and damn...I'm been sleeping real good!

I did take advantage of their dollar shipping this month and on separate orders, I bought some books and Cds. Amazon has better packaging though.

[quote name='Xevious']I ordered some bedsheets from Overstock recently. I ordered a 400 tread count sheet which is pretty good. They sent me a 600 thread count sheet instead (although the color was different). Still, I kept the sheet and damn...I'm been sleeping real good!

I did take advantage of their dollar shipping this month and on separate orders, I bought some books and Cds. Amazon has better packaging though.[/QUOTE]

I ordered a comforter from them, and decided I didn't like it. I asked them to foot the bill for the return, since the product was a bit different than the website description, went around and around with them, finally having them tell me that they wouldn't do it. I ended up keeping the comforter.

Just recently, I ordered Goldeneye:RA and JAK 3 from them, they arrived while I was on vacation. The packaging was quite the surprise, a vacuum-packed cardboard sleeve (huge thing for a DVD-sized case) around the game case, no padding around it at all. Surprisingly, they survived the trip OK.

Not quite sure I'd order from them in the future for anything semi-fragile or fragile, since the packaging for the games shocked me a bit. Lesson learned, I suppose.

[quote name='shrike4242']I ordered a comforter from them, and decided I didn't like it. I asked them to foot the bill for the return, since the product was a bit different than the website description, went around and around with them, finally having them tell me that they wouldn't do it. I ended up keeping the comforter.
[/QUOTE]

Wow...I ordered a duvet cover too. I hope i dont run into any problems. Thanks for the info!

[quote name='Xevious']Wow...I ordered a duvet cover too. I hope i dont run into any problems. Thanks for the info![/QUOTE]

It ended up being sort of a "meh" situation, and for the price, I figured I'd just keep it, since shipping back a king-sized down comforter would be a good chunk of what I paid for it.

Overstock is in the middle of the pack for my online shopping choices. Amazon continues to impress me time and again with the customer service. Which is why I keep going back to them, time and again.

[quote name='shrike4242']
Just recently, I ordered Goldeneye:RA and JAK 3 from them, they arrived while I was on vacation. The packaging was quite the surprise, a vacuum-packed cardboard sleeve (huge thing for a DVD-sized case) around the game case, no padding around it at all. Surprisingly, they survived the trip OK.[/QUOTE]

I got a DVD from Best Buy in packaging like that. I was horrified, and I was preparing for an absolute mess when I opened it, but everything looked fine. I really hope that's not going to become the new standard for shipping games and movies.

bread's done
Back