Overstock mistake: Neon Genesis Platinulion collection for $8.03 + tax

i am having such a fucking problem getting my 8.01 back from my paypal payment i sent to them. Dam fucking 8 bucks already came on my CC bill. I had problems with this site before. They suck

[quote name='Dragonsbane']There was just a commercial for Overstock.com on my tv...........................URGE TO KILL RISING[/QUOTE]

Perhaps this will help you in your endeavor?

And only $1.40 shipping!

I thought about hopping on this deal aswell, but I took a step back and it hit me, there is no way in hell they are going to sale this set for $8 prerelease. That would be like picking up Revenge of the Sith for like $1.25 new. Common sense, and we all should know by now that they NEVER honor mistakes, brick and mortar stores will sometimes, but that is only because you are in the manager's face and they dont want you calling HQ and them getting fired.

[quote name='yukine']Perhaps this will help you in your endeavor?

And only $1.40 shipping!

[/QUOTE]

MAN, I shoulda ordered that with my 5 dollar coupon. I've got all the xbox shooters (all 3 of em). oh well. (25 bucks ain't bad though)

[quote name='yukine']Perhaps this will help you in your endeavor?

And only $1.40 shipping!

[/QUOTE]

what xbox games use this gun? i know my wife will smack this gun on my head if I order this :)

[quote name='racthamp']what xbox games use this gun? i know my wife will smack this gun on my head if I order this :)[/QUOTE]

I personally don't own it, but from the item description it works best with the Silent Scope games.

Now the set is $80!?!?!?!

I thought it was $50 just a couple days ago?

At first I thought there was no way they would honor these orders.
Then, I started to think, after hearing everyone who contacted Overstock, that they might.

Well, now I had my hopes for this set coming. Now I want it. I was willing to pay $50, but not $80. No way! I thought Overstock was suppose to be cheap?

[quote name='Zmonkay']MAN, I shoulda ordered that with my 5 dollar coupon. I've got all the xbox shooters (all 3 of em). oh well. (25 bucks ain't bad though)[/QUOTE]

I'm probably going to use my credit for Mario Kart DS. $34.89 - 5.00 = $29.89 shipped. :D

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']No actually, I had them cancel a $15 price mistake on me once. And I ordered Outlaw Star Perfect Collection one time (at their normal price) and the DVD set they was in fact just the first 2 DVDs. So I had to bother with them exchanging it and when the real deal arrived it was poorly packaged with the box being damaged and the discs coming loose inside. The only reason I did place this order was the price mistake, but to be honest it's still their screw up and after strike three I'd rather just not deal with them anymore.[/QUOTE]
ah well thank you for the information. i agree that that's shitacular and i too will stay away from overstock now.

I just did a live chat with overstock and they said even though I got a canclation email my order hasnt been canceled yet......they said I should get the DVD......:applause:

My order has been canceled... I got the email and it shows up in my account as being canceled and my CC will be credited.:whistle2:(

They did give me $5 of Overstock credit (or so the email said) but I would've rather gotten the DVD set.:whistle2:( Oh well, better than nothing I guess.

Oh well, I spent my $5 credit some Onion collection. It was 3.xx + 1.40 shipping, and I don't know how it came out, but at checkout I paid .34 for the thing.

[quote name='jimbo12457']I just did a live chat with overstock and they said even though I got a canclation email my order hasnt been canceled yet......they said I should get the DVD......:applause:[/QUOTE]

Check again...
person on the phone said the same thing to me. 30min later the order status showed cancelled

[quote name='Vinny']My order has been canceled... I got the email and it shows up in my account as being canceled and my CC will be credited.:sad:

They did give me $5 of Overstock credit (or so the email said) but I would've rather gotten the DVD set.:sad: Oh well, better than nothing I guess.[/QUOTE]

You probably already have the credit on your account. It shows up as a $5.00 coupon when you go to purchase something at Checkout

back in the old days when this first came out, I got the series on vhs and the sound volume seemed off. Shinji would mumble so bad you could never hear what he was saying and the next minute people are screaming so loud my neighbors are calling the police. Hopefully the dvd sound is better.

[quote name='DarienW']Check again...
person on the phone said the same thing to me. 30min later the order status showed cancelled[/QUOTE]

Nope, my order still isnt cancelled.......crossin my fingers :D

Has anyone tried to file a complaint with the FTC? The more complaints they get the more they are encouraged to rectify such a public mistake. I have already filed a complaint on my order and I hope others take a few minutes out of their day and do the same. If overstock won't honor such a long lasted mistake the FTC could force them to honor it.

That is what I am betting on. I tried the http://www.saltlakecity.bbb.org/ also but the whole BBB site is not working correctly and timing out.

If you want overstock to honor their advertisement you need to complain to someone they have to answer too.

Blue Monkey

Mines show this and I still haven't got my credit back onto my CC. If they are going to credit my order and refund my money. They better refund my money now. It's been like 2 weeks now.

Canceled & Credited 10083223 Neon Genesis Evangelion
This title is expected to be released on 11/22/2005. We will ship this item as soon as it is available. $6.63 3 $19.89

Subtotal: $19.89
Shipping: $2.95
Taxes: $0.00
Credit: $22.84

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total: $0.00

i received my refund yesterday. the $5 off is given at checkout, but there really isn't anything i want from the site. i should have been a greedy bastard and ordered more then one since they were giving the $5 off for each order.

No refund yet. It WILL appear on my debit card statement, yes? Instead of being credit to their f*cking site, yes?

Just making sure.

/still waiting...

Just found out that my order has been cancelled also, but I got a surprise when I checked my credit card statement for the refund:

Original total of purchase: $22.84 ( I bought 3 of them)

Credit reissued from Overstock.com: $45.68!!!!!!!

For some reason they decided to refund my purchase x2!!!!!!

[quote name='brianffrpg']Just found out that my order has been cancelled also, but I got a surprise when I checked my credit card statement for the refund:

Original total of purchase: $22.84 ( I bought 3 of them)

Credit reissued from Overstock.com: $45.68!!!!!!!

For some reason they decided to refund my purchase x2!!!!!![/QUOTE]
That's awesome.

No refund for me yet. I check my balance every day sometimes multiple times so. . . Hope this goes through as well for as it did for some of you guys.

[quote name='j.elles']No refund for me yet. I check my balance every day sometimes multiple times so. . . Hope this goes through as well for as it did for some of you guys.[/QUOTE]

Me neither. I even went on live chat during my lunch break and got the most useless CSR ever. He said it went through on 11/10/05 but it has yet to appear on my statement.

Let me know when you get yours.

I wonder...
If I print out my confirmation for the dvd set and bring it to circuit city.... Will they match the price? :)
Unlikely, but definitely worth a shot.

[quote name='Autumn Star']I wonder...
If I print out my confirmation for the dvd set and bring it to circuit city.... Will they match the price? :)
Unlikely, but definitely worth a shot.[/QUOTE]

If you do it and it works and you fail to report it here....THERE WILL BE CARNAGE, STRAW MAN.

Not to defend Overstock or anything, but you all do realize it takes 3-4 buisness days for funds to be put back....and we just got off of a holiday weekend.

[quote name='Rihan']Not to defend Overstock or anything, but you all do realize it takes 3-4 buisness days for funds to be put back....and we just got off of a holiday weekend.[/QUOTE]

Damn it! We should have had the blond chick bring us cash to our door as soon as they cancled our orders!

yeah i noticed my refund on my bank site. what's this i hear about a $5 coupon?

anyway, they didn't send me an e-mail or anything about it.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']yeah i noticed my refund on my bank site. what's this i hear about a $5 coupon?

anyway, they didn't send me an e-mail or anything about it.[/QUOTE]

Buy something, it appears automatically at check out.

I wish they gave us this in the form of a coupon code so I could give it away or something, now I have to track down something worthwhile that costs less than $5 so overstock won't get anymore of my money.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']I wish they gave us this in the form of a coupon code so I could give it away or something, now I have to track down something worthwhile that costs less than $5 so overstock won't get anymore of my money.[/QUOTE]
Same, I don't even want to deal with Overstock again.

Got my refund and 5 dollar coupons. The way I look at it is that there was practically no chance of it going through in the first place and Overstock handed me 15 bucks to spend at their site for no reason in particular. If you're credit card refund is taking too long, that's a legit reason to bitch, otherwise you're complaining about Overstock giving you money for a ridiculously obvious mistake.

bread's done
Back