overstock_dealz worst ebay experience EVER!!!

loserboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
If you happen to stumble across one of their auctions on ebay, I would advise you to avoid it at all costs. I bid on this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130241803014

They sent me a used, resealed copy of the game. I contacted them, and they (of course) told me that there's nothing they can do.

I informed them that they sent me the wrong item, the auction description clearly states that the item was NEW, and that I received an item that was used and resealed.

I left them negative feedback, I'm going to send the item back and contest the charge on ebay, as well as call them everyday and leave a message or two or three, until they take care of it.

[quote name='loserboy']If you happen to stumble across one of their auctions on ebay, I would advise you to avoid it at all costs. I bid on this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130241803014

They sent me a used, resealed copy of the game. I contacted them, and they (of course) told me that there's nothing they can do.

I informed them that they sent me the wrong item, the auction description clearly states that the item was NEW, and that I received an item that was used and resealed.

I left them negative feedback, I'm going to send the item back and contest the charge on ebay, as well as call them everyday and leave a message or two or three, until they take care of it.[/quote]
Contest stuff with eBay/Paypal first. If you open a Paypal claim, you'll be more likely to get the refund than if you were to just mail it back to them.

Yeah OverstockDealz.com sucks. I ordered Guitar Hero 2 and 3, with guitars, for the PS2. And I got one guitar without the game or wireless reciver in a Guitar Hero 2 box and everything for Guitar Hero 3 except the guitar was broken. They wanted me to RMA it and pay the new shipping cost out of pocket, they wouldn't even ship me the correct things when I offered just to send in the broken stuff in exchange for workign stuff.

[quote name='YodaEXE']Contest stuff with eBay/Paypal first. If you open a Paypal claim, you'll be more likely to get the refund than if you were to just mail it back to them.[/QUOTE]

They don't take paypal...

If the game is in excellent, tell them how much you would've paid for it used and request that they refund the difference to you. Like others have said before, file a claim with Paypal before sending it out.

[quote name='flasht3']If the game is in excellent, tell them how much you would've paid for it used and request that they refund the difference to you. Like others have said before, file a claim with Paypal before sending it out.[/QUOTE]

Already did that, asked for a 50% refund of the purchase price since game was used...they wouldn't do it.

Again, they don't accept paypal.

[quote name='loserboy']Already did that, asked for a 50% refund of the purchase price since game was used...they wouldn't do it.

Again, they don't accept paypal.[/quote]
The minute I saw No Paypal I would have looked elsewhere. That seems sort of shady to me personally. Anyway, I guess you may just have to deal with the game in the condition that it's in. Otherwise, try filing an Item Not As Described thing with eBay, and see what you can do from there.

[quote name='YodaEXE']The minute I saw No Paypal I would have looked elsewhere. That seems sort of shady to me personally. Anyway, I guess you may just have to deal with the game in the condition that it's in. Otherwise, try filing an Item Not As Described thing with eBay, and see what you can do from there.[/QUOTE]

Well, I will probably file a claim with my credit card company, call them twice a day and leave a lengthy, whiney message, send them e-mails daily. Just enough of a squeaky wheel for a couple of weeks to have them actually honor our auction agreement.

yea filing a claim is even better than going through paypal. They probably just delete your message so dont waste your time.

[quote name='62t']yea filing a claim is even better than going through paypal. They probably just delete your message so dont waste your time.[/QUOTE]

I know they're going to delete them, but it'll cause someone to have to do a little extra work, and that's okay by me.

I was told that that site basilcy has abunch of small mom and pop game stores that they get their items from, They call some local places monthly and ask them to join the "team" lol.

I try to avoid wholesalers of games in general on ebay, most of their inventory comes from used game stores that went out of business and they don't really know anything about games other than how to list a re-sealed game on ebay as new. They also charge outrageous shipping amounts, more than a private seller charging 5$ shipping. I always try to look for auctions run by small, private sellers when buying games, better quality product and you feel good that you are helping out another small seller.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Report them for not accepting paypal.[/quote]
I'm not sure eBay will care. Do they suddenly require everyone to accept Paypal?

Does anyone else hate how Ebay favors power sellers like this and dosent give a rip about small sellers!!

Oh and as my High school English teacher said "Never trust a business that used "Cute Spelling"" She was a Bitch!!! lol. God Bless her.

$7.50 shipping charge? i hope they get cancer.

anyway, keep the disc and manual, and ship the case and insert back. go ahead and do a charge-back thru your credit card company, and when the seller e-mails or calls to complain that the game and manual are missing, tell them there's "nothing you can do"...

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Report them for not accepting paypal.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='SaraAB']Yeah, if he is selling video games I do believe ebay requires paypal for all video game sales.[/QUOTE]

Reporting this seller for not accepting Paypal won't do anything. This seller is not breaking any rules by not accepting Paypal. You are allowed to sell video games on eBay without accepting Paypal as long as you accept merchant credit cards instead, which this seller does.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']You bidding on a item with someone less then 99% feedback is the worst deal ever.[/quote]

With the recent feedback changes eBay has recently implemented, the 99% standard people have held for years is slowly shifting lower - IMO 90 - 95% will be the new standard within the next couple years. This is mainly due to eBay deciding to count NEUTRALS as negatives... hopefully the next time they decide to make changes someone gives them a dictionary first. Oh, and don't forget the fact that sellers can't leave anything but positive feedback - buyers can leave undeserved negs for sellers without fear of retaliatory feedback. Not to mention a good portion of buyers don't even bother to leave feedback.... I'm sure for powersellers, that for every neg they get there's 10 satisfied buyers who never leave positive feedback (not backing up this certain powerseller - but there are certainly some powersellers out there who are legitimately running a good business). I certainly feel for the OP tho... I'd be pretty damned pissed too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='allyourblood']$7.50 shipping charge? i hope they get cancer.

anyway, keep the disc and manual, and ship the case and insert back. go ahead and do a charge-back thru your credit card company, and when the seller e-mails or calls to complain that the game and manual are missing, tell them there's "nothing you can do"...[/QUOTE]

I like this idea...as questionable as it may be ethically, it is certainly no worse than selling a used game as new, and then refusing to do anything to make your customer happy--but I still don't think I could do it.

At least now if you google overstock_dealz, this thread comes up...so I'm pretty happy about that.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']You bidding on a item with someone less then 99% feedback is the worst deal ever.[/QUOTE]

I disagree - as a seller who has received neutrals because items shipped "too slow" or when someone has a problem but doesn't bother to actually communicate with me if there's a problem--my ebay rating is below 99% (not much below--but below).

Some sellers on there are unbelievable. I had a guy threaten me with leaving a negative feedback, if he could, after I suggested that in the future he not just put games into a priority mail envelope and instead use a padded envelope. He left me a positive feedback and said "your an ahole." I just ignored his reply.

Ever since ebay went from a big garage sale to a way of being a business for people it has gone down hill. Yes, ebay does favor power sellers.

Ah how I miss the days of being able to leave feedback for anyone for no reason at all.

[quote name='loserboy']I disagree - as a seller who has received neutrals because items shipped "too slow" or when someone has a problem but doesn't bother to actually communicate with me if there's a problem--my ebay rating is below 99% (not much below--but below).[/quote]

Yeah, I got a neutral for taking "2 weeks to ship something" when in reality it took my an extra 2 days because of stuff I couldn't control.

When you only buy and sell a few times a year, that one neutral is a bitch. It was my first transaction this year so it dropped my feedback down to zero. I guess I should just make a new account or something.

[quote name='DarthPuma']Yeah, I got a neutral for taking "2 weeks to ship something" when in reality it took my an extra 2 days because of stuff I couldn't control.

When you only buy and sell a few times a year, that one neutral is a bitch. It was my first transaction this year so it dropped my feedback down to zero. I guess I should just make a new account or something.[/quote]
Yeah make a new account. Those first few transactions are very important. Maybe start your next account by buying items for like the first 10 transactions. Then start selling. If you don't have anything to buy. You can try buying items that don't sell well, and reselling them. With shipping fees, and eBay fees. You should be able to break even.

After going to the BBB, and leaving messages almost daily, and filing a complaint with ebay, they are allowing me to return the item...now I just have to decide if I will or not...

bread's done
Back