Ow, I give, I give. NO MORE!

watcher0

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The last 2 weeks has been crazy for deals for me. At this rate, my backlog will crush me to death in the not too distant future.

Latest deals:

-GS Game Days-
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice (PS3)
Call of Duty 4: Game of the Year Edition (360)
Final Fantasy Tactics A2 (DS)
Rune Factory: Frontier (Wii)
Phantasy Star Portable (PSP)
3x Left 4 Dead 2 used (to trade to amazon)

$126.25
clear.gif
after CAG16, Edge, and FG10
Free ground shipping

$137.61
clear.gif
after tax
-$78 when I trade the L4D2s to Amazon
=$59.61 for 5 new games (about $12 a piece)

-BigFishGames 30% off sale-
7 games for $29.34 +tax

-EA PAXEAST coupon + recyclebank codes- (all PC except ME)
Dragon Age Origins: Awakening $19.95 +tax
Mass Effect 2 29.95 +tax (coulda got cheaper, but oh well)
The Orange Box, L4D GotY, HL2: Ep Pack, ME DLC ($5 filler) $24.95 +tax

-GoG-
King's Bounty & Gothic 3 (gold/complete/whatever) $12 and some change

-Amazon-
8 Games at about $15-20 a piece

and a couple others elsewhere. And I'll probably try to abuse the EA+recyclebank deal one last time before it expires April 9th.

So that's about 30 games for a total of about $300 so far after flips and discounts. Of course, the good thing is that this is after having gone without buying anything major Dec-Feb. But it's like another 2 years worth of gameplay :bomb: added to my backlog. Maybe I should find a girl to breed with and produce some minions to play these things for me. :baby: :baby: :baby:

*sigh* and I still need to pick up several AAA titles this year including: Bioshock 2, FFXIII, Darksiders, Uncharted 2, and Demon's Souls.

I remember back in the day when it was easy to keep up with things. When there were fewer games and I had a lot more time.

It seems like "I have a huge backlog" threads are becoming almost as common as "Gamestop sucks" threads.

Me, I've just accepted that I have a compulsive need to buy games and that I simply won't get around to playing all of them.

I find that helps. ;)

[quote name='007']Me, I've just accepted that I have a compulsive need to buy games and that I simply won't get around to playing all of them.

I find that helps. ;)[/QUOTE]

Hi, my name is watcher0, and I'm addicted to cheap ass game deals. :joystick:

I see my earlier post got deleted. Wonderful.

There is no reason this shouldn't be a blog post. Everyone on here has a backlog of some sort.

[quote name='watcher0']Most folks don't count their backlog in the hundreds of games.[/QUOTE]

Hello, my name is Mospeada 21, may I join your weekly counseling sessions?

Out of all backlog, RPG backlog is the most dangerous. You level up for awhile and then you wake up with this long white beard, your house has no roof on it, and all the children in the village are strangers--but look unsettlingly familiar. All the while you're throwing your arm up in the air as the symbolic salute of Maya, shouting "Let's be positive!"

[quote name='Spacepest']Someday, I will retire and I WILL play all these games. I swear it![/QUOTE]

Heh, I keep telling myself the same thing. And I will be joining the ranks of the unemployed soon if I don't get hired before this position ends, so I'll likely have a lot more free time to attempt to gain ground. But retirement is 30-40 years away and at this rate I'll have a couple lifetimes worth of gameplay time in my backlog by then. RPGs are powerful little time devourers.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Out of all backlog, RPG backlog is the most dangerous. You level up for awhile and then you wake up with this long white beard, your house has no roof on it, and all the children in the village are strangers--but look unsettlingly familiar. All the while you're throwing your arm up in the air as the symbolic salute of Maya, shouting "Let's be positive!"[/QUOTE]

sounds like the next Final Fantasy game lol

*sighs* And there's several games on the horizon I've had my eye on (Dragon Quest VI, Dragon Quest IX - coming out this summer, Golden Sun DS, Lufia DS, Blue Dragon Plus 2).

[quote name='ohboy10451']sounds like the next Final Fantasy game lol[/QUOTE]

Final Fantasy 14: Crystal Gathering in the Old Age Home

Features:
- Life-like wrinkles!
- A plague caused by Vitamin E deficiency!
- An old friend returns to sing J-pop (and never, ever stop).
- Cid's a bus driver. A nuclear bus driver!
- First time ever, Bedsores as a Black Magic spell!

I've spent like $500 in the past month. I'm the one with the backlog problem. With the shopping problem. I'm a shopaholic.

bread's done
Back