Own a Genesis? Tell us about your setup!

DigitalSpace

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Tell us about your Genesis setup. What model console do you own? (if you own more than one, feel free to list them and note which one you use the most for gaming.) How many controllers do you have? Do you have a Sega CD, 32X (or both) hooked up alongside the Genesis? Do you use a CDX or JVC XEye?

Here's mine:

Model 2 console
2 first-party six-button controllers (not the Majesco ones)
1 first-party three-button controller
1 first-party six-button arcade stick

I don't own a Sega CD or 32X since I have very little interest in either system.

What about you?

I have what I refer to as the "Tower of Power." From bottom-to-top:

Sega CD (1st gen)
Genesis (1st gen)
32X

It's quite the large beast when fully-assembled. I also have two 1st-party six-button controllers, and another two 1st-party three-button controllers. Oh, and a Menacer and the track ball for Marble Madness.

I own a Model 2 with Sega CD. Not hooked up anymore. What took it's place is the JVC X'eye

I currently don't have any of my genesis systems hooked up, but this is what I have.

Gen model 1 (had since childhood)
Gen model 2
Gen model 3
Sega CD (top loader)
JVC X'Eye

Mine isn't hooked up but I usually go with my unboxed model 1 Genesis, model 2 Sega CD and 32x. I generally use a Sega 6 button controller because I'm not sure which of the 3 button ones I have are working 100%. I should probably go through them someday and throw out the broken ones.

What I really need to do is get a used CDX and just use that, I can live without 32x games.

Mine is currently on display as the damned TV hookups don't seem to work for whatever reason.

Picture121.jpg

Don't have the CD or 32X connections. Neither one came with them when I bought them.

Model 2 Genesis
Model 2 Sega CD
Mushroom Shit Shaped 32X

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I have what I refer to as the "Tower of Power." From bottom-to-top:

Sega CD (1st gen)
Genesis (1st gen)
32X

It's quite the large beast when fully-assembled. I also have two 1st-party six-button controllers, and another two 1st-party three-button controllers. Oh, and a Menacer and the track ball for Marble Madness.[/quote]

I have the same setup, well I have 2 -6 Button controllers and 1- 3 button. I need to take a pic and post it up its a best. Got all of it from a yard sale about 2 years ago for 5 bucks :)

let's see I own

Genesis Model 1 x 2
Genesis Model 2 x 2
CDX x 2
Nomad x 3
X'Eye x 2

Accessories
Power Base Converter
Menacer
at least a dozen 3 button controllers
maybe 4 6 button controllers.

1 broken Sega CD for the Genesis 1

I have the model 2 Genesis and Sega CD hooked up via RF. :bomb:

Been looking for AV cable for a long time now. I read that S-Video isn't possible without serious modification.

I've got a Genesis Model 1 and a Sega CD Model 2, hooked up to a 36" VGA monitor via my upscan converter. Works pretty nicely.

I mostly play on my Nomad nowadays.

Otherwise, I have a 32 X on Model 1 Genesis on top of a Model 1 Sega CD w/ controller extension cable and model 1 controller, and a JVC X' Eye w/ controller extension cable and JVC controller set up by the TV. I've got some other stuff in the basement but I'm not counting trade stock or stuff I don't actually play on.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I have the model 2 Genesis and Sega CD hooked up via RF. :bomb:

Been looking for AV cable for a long time now. I read that S-Video isn't possible without serious modification.[/quote]
I'm in the same boat.

I have a Genesis 1 with a CD 2 and a 32x on top with 2 six button controllers. The thing looks badass when totally assembled but juggling all of the cords the thing uses can be a pain.

bread's done
Back