oww... just got my wisdom teeth out... advice?

Jaket

CAGiversary!
Feedback
214 (99%)
Just got them out at 8 this morning and i'm hurtin needless to say. It's not that bad, but pretty uncomfortable none the less...

I'm sure alot of you have had them out and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what to eat/drink what to do/what not to do and how to maybe ease the pain more

:(

[quote name='Jaket']Just got them out at 8 this morning and i'm hurtin needless to say. It's not that bad, but pretty uncomfortable none the less...

I'm sure alot of you have had them out and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what to eat/drink what to do/what not to do and how to maybe ease the pain more

:([/QUOTE]

If you got a prescribed narcotic, fill it and take it AS PRESCRIBED AND NO MORE. To help with site pain, get a bottle of clove oil and every 3-4 hours use a Q-tip to gently apply the oil to the gum area where the teeth were extracted. I didn't eat anything I don't think on the surgery day, I was too busy sleeping from the pain med. On the day after, I felt good enough to play 2 games of softball. Good luck, and don't forget to change your gauze a few times as well...

i got some tylenol codine or something perscribed and i'm loving that...

and ironically... I'm finding that shakes are going down real easy and the cold feels good... so "i'm loving it."

tee hee

personally, they gave me vicoden. oh and don't suck out the blood clots. didn't happen to me, but i've heard it's very painful.

Enjoy the shakes and other drinks that are soothing. However, when I had extractions about a hundred years ago, I remember being told not to sip from straws as the pressure might disturb the clots. I don't know if this is true but it's no big deal to just drink from a glass.
Hope you feel better soon!

Whatever you do, don't rent Hellboy. I made that mistake, man did that movie suck, having a swollen mouth was the only interesting part about it.

You shouldn't drink from a straw, because it creates a suction that may pop the sutures out of the extracted tooth sites!!!

Eat lots of popsicles and soup.

I was told to mix water with salt and gargle with it every now and again to help the healing. What i remember eating as first was mainly very soft or liquid foods, then I started eating, I ate foods which weren't too chewy and it easily be chewed with my teeth near the front, bite sized food works well for that.

Did you get one of those cool little syringes with the hooked tip to squirt water into the sockets and flush out all the food particles? That was always interesting to see what kind of goodies were hiding in the tooth craters...

[quote name='CheapyMom']Enjoy the shakes and other drinks that are soothing. However, when I had extractions about a hundred years ago, I remember being told not to sip from straws as the pressure might disturb the clots. I don't know if this is true but it's no big deal to just drink from a glass.
Hope you feel better soon![/QUOTE]

yes, very true... I havn't been using the straw at all

All I remember is the horrendously terrible tasting saliva and shit that was drooling from my mouth for days.

Take the good painkillers and go to sleep for a while, the best thing you can do is sleep, then you don't have to worry about the pain and what to eat.
Pudding is a good thing to eat, but if you are like me and you get sick of eating only junk food scrambled eggs are pretty good too.
Ahh, I remember when I had my wisdom teeth out, I played Dead to Rights and Starfox Adventures inbetween drifting in and out of sleep.

Read the quote in my sig! :razz: Just messing with ya buddy! :D

I had little problems with mine and actually worked the same day. It effects people differently though. Chocolate shakes and malts (or whatever flavor you prefer) are the way to go for sure. Pudding too is a nice choice. I would go with stuff that tastes good even if it's not necessarily good for you cause you are suffering already. ;)

I just got mine out and it blows. Not a tremendous amount of pain, but it is uncomfortable. The things that sucks is that they told me not to eat after midnight yesterday, and I'm starving. Since I can only eat crap like ice cream (don't get me wrong, I enjoy it...), I can't really fill myself up. (not to mention eating this ice cream to fast is going to give me a headache that I do not need. >_

[quote name='WinnieThePujols']I just got mine out and it blows. Not a tremendous amount of pain, but it is uncomfortable. The things that sucks is that they told me not to eat after midnight yesterday, and I'm starving. Since I can only eat crap like ice cream (don't get me wrong, I enjoy it...), I can't really fill myself up. (not to mention eating this ice cream to fast is going to give me a headache that I do not need. >_

i was lucky, and am, my mom is a cook, and my grandma happened to be down at the same time. i got all types of liquid-ish entres. my favorite was this cheesy refried bean soup kinda thang. i remember how delicious it was, but i wonder if that was the steroids manifesting or if it was just that damn good.

[quote name='jam3582']advil[/QUOTE]

little off topic but im i the only one who things Advil dont work anymore on pain... i get these major headaches when it rains and i got to pop in 4 to 5 advil just to make the head ache go away... well at least i think it goes away , cause after the 4 or 5 pill i pop it sort of knocks me out.....

probally isnt very heathly taking 5 pills when it says 1 to 2 per 12 hours :)

[quote name='slidecage']little off topic but im i the only one who things Advil dont work anymore on pain... i get these major headaches when it rains and i got to pop in 4 to 5 advil just to make the head ache go away... well at least i think it goes away , cause after the 4 or 5 pill i pop it sort of knocks me out.....

probally isnt very heathly taking 5 pills when it says 1 to 2 per 12 hours :)[/QUOTE]

You might be better off w/ some extra strength Tylenol and ya, poppin' more than 3 at a time is a no-no. I dunno if you'll die but I'm sure it'll cause some bodily injury such as stomach craps or diarrhea.:lol:

I had the 2 bottom ones pulled out 2 months ago. I couldn't eat shit for about 36 hours. After that I ate Jello, that's it. When I would look at food it would make me sick. As for some advice, I just played with my ds and watched anime all the time. As for the pain, hopefully they gave you some painkillers, those things rock.

i got mine out about a month ago, there wasnt too much pain except for when i tried to open my mouth more than half way... the really fun comes 3 weeks later when you are getting crap stuck in the healing holes and have to wash it out all the time, and the fact that ALL your teeth are sensitive and eating anything cold or sweet makes them hurt really bad. but just take the pain killers and go to sleep

Wow.... some reason i read through this and thinking about the visual of the holes with blood clots in them and the possibility of sucking them out... almost made me projectile vomit.... ohh well

good luck with your head holes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidecage
little off topic but im i the only one who things Advil dont work anymore on pain... i get these major headaches when it rains and i got to pop in 4 to 5 advil just to make the head ache go away... well at least i think it goes away , cause after the 4 or 5 pill i pop it sort of knocks me out.....

probally isnt very heathly taking 5 pills when it says 1 to 2 per 12 hours

You might be better off w/ some extra strength Tylenol and ya, poppin' more than 3 at a time is a no-no. I dunno if you'll die but I'm sure it'll cause some bodily injury such as stomach craps or diarrhea.

tylenol dont do jack crap for me with these headaches... and i been popping 5 at a time for around 5 to 6 months and never messed up my gut yet... i dont do this every day , i might get one of these very bad headaches like once every 2 months..

I don't think I ever took painkillers for mine. I did it two different years (top and bottom I think). All I took was the swollen reliever (I'm not good with medication names). The doctor gave me the prescription for painkillers, but I never used it since it never hurts. It was just really uncomfortable the whole time.

[quote name='gaelan']don't take the pain medication. save it for when you can enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

or share with friends, haha.

bread's done
Back