OXM July 2007 --Issue 72

mrcheapo11

CAGiversary!
Well, I got this a few days ago and thought someone would have posted it by now, but it wasn't so I decided to. This is the magazine with Unreal Tournament 3 on the front.

On the Disc --
Demos/Trials:
-Armored Core 4
-Monster Madness
-3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures
-Boom Boom Rocket
-Gyruss
-Pinball FX

Video Showcase:
- Call of Juarez
- GRAW 2 Tournament
- Eternal Sonata
- Beautiful Katamari

Screenshot Galleries:
- Blazing Angels
- Beautiful Katamari
- Mercenaries 2
- Pirates of the Caribbean

Unlockables:
- Beautiful Katamari Gamer Pics

We

In the DiRT review they really seem to like it, calling it the best racer on the 360. Also it says:
+ Remarkable graphics and crisp handling.
+ Vast career mode with a huge vaiety of events.
- Standard multiplayer is M.I.A.
? But how good is it gonna feel to beat 99 real live people in a race?

For Call of Juarez, they think the graphics are great, but there is much unused potential for things(like multiplayer and street duels), and unneccesary and frustrating bits. It also says:
+ Sumptuous frontier vistas and interesting characters.
- Irritating sneak-a-thons.
- Witless A.I. means gun battles that shouldn't be dull sadly are.
? When did Bible-thumping actaully become a viable gameplay mechanic?

Oh, and I am using what I thought was the best Beautiful Katamari Gamer Picture, but it seems my Gamercard hasn't updated...

EDIT: Well here's the one I am using, for anyone who looks and it hasn't changed yet
1Wdsb2JhbC9HCgQJBksIF1VcL3RpbGUvMC8yMDAwMwAAAAAAAAD6nECJ.jpg

EDIT 2: It finally changed so now you can see it in my gamercard.

"The Mole expects a budget-priced Oblivion 'Game of the Year' edition with all the downloadable content (including Shivering Isles) to hit shelves next March."

If thats true, I still have to wait that long to play Oblivion :p

Thanks for that OP. Forza and DiRT for me so far. I hope DiRT supports the wheel. A bit disappointed with Call of Juarez. I was hoping for something great after having played through Gun.

[quote name='LiquidNight']Quake 3 on XBLA? Isn't it too large?[/QUOTE]
They removed the size limit... although the size would be pretty large, regardless.

And the Katamari pictures are pretty sweet.

I have a question... if the Oblivion GOTY Edition contains all the DLC, do you guys think Bethesda will discount/lower the price of the DLC on the Marketplace?

Shivering Isles is really appealing to me, except for the $30 pricetag. See I bought Oblivion CE for $30 and was wondering if it'd be cheaper to sell it and just buy the Oblivion GOTY next year versus buying all the DLC on the Marketplace. Right now I haven't really gotten into Oblivion and can wait for next year if necessary.

[quote name='Brak']They removed the size limit... although the size would be pretty large, regardless.[/QUOTE]
They didn't remove it, they upped it to 150megs.

bread's done
Back