OXM w/Disk $7.50, Nintendo Power $4 and Other Magazine Discounts at Amazon

loserboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]9139[/IMG-R]If you've ordered a video game from Amazon in the last month or so they were running a promotion where you can receive 50% off video game magazine subscriptions. Now, Amazon is running a $5 off magazine subscriptions promotion for the month of September (this comes off the FINAL price and not the original price). I was able to renew my subs to OXM (w disc); Nintendo Power; and Official Playstation Magazine for a total of $16.45 for all three subscription renewals.

FYI: PROMO DOESN'T SHOW UP UNITL CHECKOUT SCREEN!!!!

:wii: Nintendo Power
:360: Official Xbox Magazine w/Disc
:ps3: PlayStation: The Official Magazine
:pc: PC Gamer

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reminder about this, I got 5 magazines for less than $25. Not super fantastic, but good.

Wow, $4 for a year of the official playstation magazine and $4.97 for a year of Nintendo Power? Even if I only flip through them, it's worth it for those prices. Plus, added a year of my OXM for $7.47.

Thanks, OP!

Dumb question, but with the demos being released over Xbox live, and all the internet sites such as Kotaku, is their a real reason to get the magazine? (Does the magazine offer other things that you can't get over the internet easy enough, or early demos or free downloadable content?)

[quote name='richdmoore']Dumb question, but with the demos being released over Xbox live, and all the internet sites such as Kotaku, is their a real reason to get the magazine? (Does the magazine offer other things that you can't get over the internet easy enough, or early demos or free downloadable content?)[/QUOTE]

I used to read all these cover to cover, but these days I flip through them to see if a new game coming out I haven't heard of catches my eye. There's usually at least one pretty good in-depth article I'll read as well.

If you're just into current news, I'd stick to the gaming sites.

Yea not working for me. I don't think I have bought a game off Amazon within the last month is that why the prices are still showing so high for me?

I bought Batman: Arkham Asylum and my boyfriend bought Beatles: Rock Band within the past month. Neither of those seemed to qualify us for the deal. All we seem to get is the $5 promo. Too bad. =(

Just got the Tanga Playstation Magazone deal back in the end of August (1 year = $3.99), will this add to it or will it be two subscriptions since it came from two different sources?

When I saw this deal on SD a few days ago I assumed they took it from CAG. Guess I should have checked.

BTW I don't think Game Informer is part of this.

Well, I bought two games during this time period. Dissidia I'm not sure if it had it or not, as I preordered it awhile back.

However, I know Madden 10 had it the other day when I ordered it. It (along with the $40 goldbox + ECA + deal) was one of the reasons I pulled the trigger. Was gonna add another year to OXM or OPSM -- looks like I'll just hold off now.

Or maybe I'll get the discount when Madden actually gets here. Just had to fall on a holiday.

Just bought nintendo power, playstation magazine, xbox magazine, and pc gamer for $21.42 in Amazon giftcards I earned trading in games.

OKAY, now get this.
I was wondering how much all of this would cost if I payed the news stand price. I did the math just for shits and giggles. These four magazines would cost $359.52 in a store and $382.89 if I factor in tax for my area. Using these numbers I realized that I'm only paying 5.59% of the price they charge in stores, muhahaha!!! PWNAGE!

I'm going to take extra long shits just so I have time to read all these!
Thanks OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I already have a few of these subscriptions I've bought through Amazon, If I purchase them again how does the renewal work? Do they just automatically extend my subscription or would I get dual subscriptions?

Thanks

[quote name='skiizim']I already have a few of these subscriptions I've bought through Amazon, If I purchase them again how does the renewal work? Do they just automatically extend my subscription or would I get dual subscriptions?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I'm fairly certain they extend the subscription by a year...

I am only getting $5 off XBM. I ordered AA and I never noticed this promotion. Should I email/call amazon about this? Just wondering cause I'd like to get XBox Magaize for $7.50

[quote name='richdmoore']Dumb question, but with the demos being released over Xbox live, and all the internet sites such as Kotaku, is their a real reason to get the magazine? (Does the magazine offer other things that you can't get over the internet easy enough, or early demos or free downloadable content?)[/QUOTE]

Occasional themes/gamerpics. Few times they've done free DLC, think Rock Band junk.

Picked up OXM for $7.50. Now I'll be getting OXM, PSM, and Game Informer. Seems like all the bases are covered for cheap gaming mags. Tried to pick up Play too but it didn't seem to qualify. The fun part will be notifying all these companies when I move in a couple months just as they start arriving...

Thanks for cleaning up title. I realized it was awkard, but was too lazy/busy to figure out the best way to post it.

You'd never know I was an 8th grade English teacher...

At one point they offered Oblivion DLC Thieve's Den and Wizard's Tower, something you have to pay otherwise.

got charged in credit 4 forza3 & dragon age origins in august & it DID mention the deal, but its not working. the story of my life. go figure.

I got the $16.45 price for NP, OXM, and Playstation with the most recent game I ordered from Amazon being Batman: Arkham Asylum, before that it was Wolverine when it was the deal of the day about a month ago.

Thanks for the awesome heads up, OP!

[quote name='jazzman']Doesn't work for me and I picked up Tales of Vesperia last week.[/QUOTE]

Yep, same story for me. It was a slow month for game purchases.

Not working for me, only getting the $5 off :(
edit:

I bought 3 lego games for 360 during the B2G1 sale a few days ago.

Now, I had my gf log into amazon, and she hasn't bought any games. It worked on her account...

So, people who want the deal but it's not working - try making a new account and see what happens.

Thanks, OP! I picked up a couple of years of Nintendo Power and Playstation Magazine, and a year each of the Xbox magazine and PC Gamer.

Question: I already have a sub of Xbox Magazine NON-Disc any idea what would happen if I add 1 year of Xbox Magazine WITH-Disc?

Damn, I bought OXM, Playstation, and Nintendo Power last month with just the 50% off and thought I was getting a good deal . . . now I wish I'd waited! Anyone know if the NVISION magazine is any good? I've never even heard of it, but for $4.98 I'm tempted to grab it just for the hell of it.

Can someone explain this to me:

I am getting $30 ($20 & $10 discounts) off when buying 1 year subscriptions to both OXM and PSM. However, when I try to order 2 year subscriptions of the same magazines I am only getting a $20 discount.

Could it have something to do with ESA discounts? I think I have a code stored in my account for canceling an order. I know they aren't supposed to apply to magazines, but I think it might have. Not sure what's going on.

[quote name='KueMan10']Can someone explain this to me:

I am getting $30 ($20 & $10 discounts) off when buying 1 year subscriptions to both OXM and PSM. However, when I try to order 2 year subscriptions of the same magazines I am only getting a $20 discount.

Could it have something to do with ESA discounts? I think I have a code stored in my account for canceling an order. I know they aren't supposed to apply to magazines, but I think it might have. Not sure what's going on.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the 50% off works towards the 2 year subscriptions

bread's done
Back