Ozzfest 2005

tcrash247

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
So, the mystery band was finally released today. I'm pissed to say that its Mudvayne, I think thats a pretty lame choice to go on before Iron Maiden. Here is the final complete list.

Main Stage:

BLACK SABBATH
IRON MAIDEN (July 15 - Aug 20)
VELVET REVOLVER (Aug 23 - Sept 4)
MUDVAYNE
SHADOWS FALL
BLACK LABEL SOCIETY
IN FLAMES

Second Stage:

ROB ZOMBIE
KILLSWITCH ENGAGE
AS I LAY DYING
MASTODON
A DOZEN FURIES
THE HAUNTED
ARCH ENEMY
THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER
BURY YOUR DEAD
IT DIES TODAY
SOILWORK
TRIVIUM
GIZMACHI
WICKED WISDOM

What is everyone's thoughts on the lineup and who is everyone excited to see? I like the main stage lineup, except for Mudvayne and Shadows Fall, and I really don't care about the second stage. I can't wait to see Sabbath, Maiden, Zombie, and BLS. Looks to be a good year. And I'm sorry to the people who have to see Velvet Revolver instead of Maiden, thats really sucks. I like VR, but for them to replace IM? No way.

im going mainly for iron maiden...the rest of the main stage is the suxxors IMO

and replace maiden with the suck that is velvet revolver....i pity those people :(

i will go see as i lay dying, haunted, mastadon, soilwork, and arch enemy as well

and i will definetly see black dahlia murder

ill go take a nap during those other bands

Mudvayne I could care less about, but I do not like Shadows Fall. I'd rather see them dumped down to second stage and bring Zombie up to main.

Outside of Zombie, there's nothing I want to see on the second stage outside of Mastadon.
However, with BLS, Maiden, and Sabbath all on main, it's definately going to be a kick ass year.

I think the lineup is pretty good but I still don't know if I'm going to go. I definitely want to see The Haunted, Soilwork, Killswitch Engage, Iron Maiden, Black Label Society, Arch Enemy, The Black Dahlia Murder, Mastodon, & As I Lay Dying since I have not seen any of those bands live.

I have seen In Flames, Black Sabbath, Shadows Fall, & Rob Zombie. I also wouldn't mind seeing Trivium as well since I heard one of there songs on the Metal Channel and it wasn't that bad.

The rest of the bands, which there aren't many, I don't really care about seeing. As it stands now I seem to like most of the bands playing this year and that is pretty rare. The last Ozzfest I went to was Ozzfest 2000 and the other ones I've been to were Ozzfest 97 & 98.

That beeing said I think I rather go to the New England Hardcore & Metal Festival. That is always a good show.

I missed out last year because I guess Ozzfest and Hurricane Frances were both booked to play on the same day.

I must say Hurricane Frances stole the show, but blew hard. No pun intended. Okay, maybe just a little pun.

I know it's a stupid question, but is it safe to assume Ozzy Osbourne -- the band -- will be playing the show? I know it's "Ozzfest" and it would only make sense, but I'm hoping Ozzy and Black Sabbath play independently, not just Black Sabbath.

Anyhow, I'm also excited to see Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Killswitch Engage, and It Dies Today. I wouldn't mind catching Soilwork, In Flames, As I Lay Dying, or A Dozen Furies (Battle For Ozzfest winners). And as always, I'm interested to see a couple bands I've never had the pleasure of hearing before.

[quote name='Odibil']I know it's a stupid question, but is it safe to assume Ozzy Osbourne -- the band -- will be playing the show? I know it's "Ozzfest" and it would only make sense, but I'm hoping Ozzy and Black Sabbath play independently, not just Black Sabbath.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, its only Black Sabbath this year. I don't think Ozzy could do 2 sets.

[quote name='tcrash247']Sadly, its only Black Sabbath this year. I don't think Ozzy could do 2 sets.[/QUOTE]

Nooo! I'd much rather see Ozzy than Black Sabbath, but I guess seeing Ozzy in Black Sabbath will have to do.

Mastodon is who I am looking forward too. I've seen maiden back and in the Seventh Son tour years ago. Rob Zombie always puts on a good show.

I think this year's lineup isn't too bad. I think that htey should take off from the Main Stage Mudvayne and Shadows Fall since I really don't care about hose two, and bring up some of the others from the Second Stage like Rob Zombie, In Flames, Mastodon, and Killswitch Engage. Rob Zombie always puts on an awesome show. I wouldn't mind BLS also to be on the Second Stage instead of the Main Stage. Most of the others I really don't care to see. But I can't wait to see Iron Maiden. That should be an awesome show. Where do you guys go to see your Ozzfest? Ozzfest sometimes comes to my neck of the woods but most of the time I have to go out of state. I think either LA's or Pheonix's are the best for shows.

It's kind of strange seeing Rob Zombie on the second stage. Out of the main stage, the one's I really like are BLS and Black Sabbath. I haven't heard enough of Shadow Falls to comment, but I really don't like Mudvayne.

There ya go, the lineup is completely up to date.

Hopefully now that In Flames is last on the main stage, BLS will get a longer set time. I loved their newest cd Mafia.

This year's Ozzfest has a lackluster lineup, besides some of main stage bands.

Went to Ozzfest yesterday. It was fucking awesome. Sabbath, Maiden, BLS, Zombie were great. Shadows Fall, Mastodon, Gizmachi, Killswitch were good. The rest wasn't that great. Jada's band was horrible. Everyone was booing and giving them the finger. Mudvayne was terrible, does anyone actually like them? Anyone else go yet or are going to Ozzfest soon?

bread's done
Back