pacino delayed my lunch

darkmere

CAGiversary!
i had a couple hours break for lunch today so i decided to head home. i get two blocks away from my apartment and i'm stopped by a pa cause they're filming a movie and they were about to roll. i look across the street and who do i see...al pacino. i knew they were filming, and i knew he was starring, but it was just kind of a surreal moment. i never thought i'd say that al pacino delayed my lunch by 5 minutes.

the film's called 88 minutes, in case anyone was interested.

[quote name='darkmere']i had a couple hours break for lunch today so i decided to head home. i get two blocks away from my apartment and i'm stopped by a pa cause they're filming a movie and they were about to roll. i look across the street and who do i see...al pacino. i knew they were filming, and i knew he was starring, but it was just kind of a surreal moment. i never thought i'd say that al pacino delayed my lunch by 5 minutes.

the film's called 88 minutes, in case anyone was interested.[/QUOTE]

Make sure you have a digital camera with you tomorrow. :cool:

awww memories when I lived in CALIFORNIA, I watched Jim carrey do the scene in front of the court house in his movie "LIAR LIAR". Great stuff

P.S it was at Universal studios, and I was on a Tram ride, and their likeif you look to your left we have Jim carrey doing a take for his movie "LIAR LIAR"

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Make sure you have a digital camera with you tomorrow. :cool:[/QUOTE]
don't own a digital camera...i'm just a poor ass film student. i think today was their last day filming near my apartment, maybe i'll stumble across another location they film at. i dunno though...i'm not really a celebrity whore. it was surreal seeing him across the street, but i'd rather talk to the camera and lighting crews to see what they're doing and get advice on starting my career next year.

Here's what the movie is about (sounds interesting) ..

John Avnet directs Al Pacino in the thriller 88 Minutes. Pacino plays a university professor who occasionally assists the FBI in matters of forensic psychiatry. As the film opens, the professor learns that someone plans to kill him in 88 minutes. As with the like-minded thriller D.O.A. (both the original and the re-make), the protagonist must use his skills in order to track down who has hatched this evil plot and hopefully prevent his own demise.

And as two added bonuses the very hot Leelee Sobieski and Alicia Witt are in it :)

Aren't TONS of movies being filmed in Vancouver/other parts of Canada nowadays since it's cheaper and close to the US?

[quote name='darkmere']don't own a digital camera...i'm just a poor ass film student. i think today was their last day filming near my apartment, maybe i'll stumble across another location they film at. i dunno though...i'm not really a celebrity whore. it was surreal seeing him across the street, but i'd rather talk to the camera and lighting crews to see what they're doing and get advice on starting my career next year.[/QUOTE]
Where in Vancouver was this?

[quote name='humidore']Aren't TONS of movies being filmed in Vancouver/other parts of Canada nowadays since it's cheaper and close to the US?[/QUOTE]
yeah, the labor here is slightly cheaper and there are some nice tax breaks. vancouver and toronto are the #3 and #4 film cities in north america, l.a. and new york being the biggest. i laughed when i saw fantastic four because it was pretty obvious it was vancouver, not ny. there were a ton of productions in town 2 months ago, but the shooting season is winding down up here. oh yeah, and that snakes on a plane movie is filming up here too.
[quote name='beerguy961']Where in Vancouver was this?[/QUOTE]
it was on thurlow just south of davie (if you wanna google map it). if you're familiar with van, it was in front of the entrance to the oasis pub, across the street from a starbucks. i live 2 blocks away, around harwood and thurlow. they were filming last week on burnaby (pretty much the same location), but never saw al then cause i was mostly at school and they were doing interior shots.

Pacino's recent insane behaviors are enough to make me lose my lunch. ;)

Isn't this the film in which the hottie (Kristin?) from Laguna Beach somehow got a role? I love how chicks can now go straight from "reality shows" to films.

Calebrities piss me off, they think they are entitled and everything. They expect people to let them skip to the front of the line, bastards.

[quote name='darkmere']it was on thurlow just south of davie (if you wanna google map it). if you're familiar with van, it was in front of the entrance to the oasis pub, across the street from a starbucks. i live 2 blocks away, around harwood and thurlow. they were filming last week on burnaby (pretty much the same location), but never saw al then cause i was mostly at school and they were doing interior shots.[/QUOTE]
So is that right downtown? My parents live in West Van and I'm pretty familiar with the layout of downtown.

[quote name='darkmere']yeah, the labor here is slightly cheaper and there are some nice tax breaks. vancouver and toronto are the #3 and #4 film cities in north america, l.a. and new york being the biggest. i laughed when i saw fantastic four because it was pretty obvious it was vancouver, not ny. there were a ton of productions in town 2 months ago, but the shooting season is winding down up here. oh yeah, and that snakes on a plane movie is filming up here too.
[/QUOTE]

Those are not the only reasons why American is losing their movie production jobs to Canada. The other reason is the high workers comp cost and health insurance that the insurance industry imposes here in the United States.

Actually, that can be true for all industries. I heard that $6,000 from the sticker price from a new car on a GM lot is due to health insurance and workers comp. That says a lot about this country's industries..

Before Katrina and Rita hit Louisiana, Hollywood was filming a shit load of movies down here also. Something about Louisiana was offering tax breaks to the studios. I thought it was cool tho because sometimes around New Orleans you can see film crews or ads for film extras.

[quote name='beerguy961']So is that right downtown? My parents live in West Van and I'm pretty familiar with the layout of downtown.[/QUOTE]
yeah, i live downtown in english bay. great city to live and go to school...hopefully i can stick around here to start my career. the film industry is on the rise here. would be great if my school wasn't so close to crack town (that area where hastings meets main).
[quote name='Xevious']Those are not the only reasons why American is losing their movie production jobs to Canada. The other reason is the high workers comp cost and health insurance that the insurance industry imposes here in the United States.

Actually, that can be true for all industries. I heard that $6,000 from the sticker price from a new car on a GM lot is due to health insurance and workers comp. That says a lot about this country's industries..[/QUOTE]
i don't know how much health care has to do with it...you still need worker's comp in canada, and their healthcare system isn't exactly the cheapest in the world. film can be dangerous to work in (long hours, high voltage equipment, unfamiliar and ever changing locations, high scaffolding)...you can't cut corners on safety.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=1583354

bread's done
Back