Package from UPS stolen off porch

[quote name='SEH']There has been one or two times in the past where the UPS site shows an item as delivered, only for it to not get there until the next day. I'd wait until tomorrow, then if it isn't there, take action.[/QUOTE]

This happened to me one time. It said it was delivered and about 2/3 hours later I saw the guy dropping it off.

That's all UPS. GS delivers all games with Signature Confirmation so UPS should have left a little note on your door saying to go pick it up at a different location or that they'll be back tomorrow. File a claim with UPS.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']While not the same as your experiences, when I used to work retail for a regional department store chain here in the 90's, we used to form a human chain about 5-10 feet apart and toss electronics to each other to unload pallets into the upstairs stock rooms(since the hallway to get to each room was too narrow to bring the pallets down).

We used to mark the VCR's and other items we 'oopsed'(aka one of us klutzes dropped while tossing)so as to not get stuck with a possible defective item if one of us went to buy one.:D[/QUOTE]

We did the exact same thing when I worked overnight stock at Toys R Us unloading trucks. Wii's, PS3's, Xbox's, didn't matter, toss those bitches.

[quote name='DarkRider23']That's all UPS. GS delivers all games with Signature Confirmation so UPS should have left a little note on your door saying to go pick it up at a different location or that they'll be back tomorrow. File a claim with UPS.[/QUOTE]

It was the free shipping option, so I doubt it included signature confirmation.

GameStop initiated a claim with UPS. That's all I can do. UPS isn't concerned about the receiver, but rather the shipper. All I can do is call UPS and bother them over the phone, but I'll let this first tracing process go through. If it comes back and GameStop says it was delivered, then I'm going to get on their asses to either refund my money or send me the games again and ship them other than UPS.

[quote name='donut']uh, ups offers P.O.D. at an additional cost (just like all other shippers)[/QUOTE]

13264__pod_l.jpg

How much more does it cost to get them to deliver my package?

I received a 1600 XBL card today from Amazon...it was shipped in a box. A season set of TV-DVD: shipped in an unpadded cardboard sandwich.

[quote name='Kerig']
13264__pod_l.jpg

How much more does it cost to get them to deliver my package?

I received a 1600 XBL card today from Amazon...it was shipped in a box. A season set of TV-DVD: shipped in an unpadded cardboard sandwich.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

I'm sorry OP, but under the mat? That's fucking hilarious... I bet the guy hides the safe in his house under the welcome mat into his place lol

Just got off the phone with UPS... They just wanted to verify that I hadn't received the packages but that I should stay in contact with GameStop and direct all questions to them.

Today when I got home there was also a UPS InfoNotice on my door about a pickup for 2 packages from "D.F.U." which I've learned means "Driver Follow Up."

Guess the driver was stopping by to say "WTF, you mean you didn't get the two boxes containing 13 games total that I put under your door mat?"

It says he's going to try again Monday between 10:30 and 2, but I'll be gone for half of that time, so who knows.

Meanwhile, two of the games I ordered are OOS from GameStop.com, but IF GameStop were to properly recalculate my order under the B1G1 terms without those two items, it only boosts the price per game by $0.09 each, so I'm not going to complain too much.

I mean really, I ordered a bunch of cheap GameCube and original XBox games along with a couple cheap Wii and DS games... It's not like I ordered 20 copies of Modern Warfare 2 at $60 a pop then claimed I didn't get them. Its not like I ordered hundreds of games as a re-seller. The resale value of what I ordered is minimal, their loss in profit for doing whats right to make sure I get my games by reshipping them is minimal, it would save everyone time and make me, the customer happy, if they just reshipped my games and made sure the delivery guy didn't leave them out in the open again.

I recently dealt with a similar issue. Multiple packages all missing from my house. First call Gamestop and ask them to put a trace on your package/s. Tell them they show up as being delivered, but you did not receive them. They have to call UPS themself and request the trace, just as you said only the sender can request anything. Give them valid info, UPS will need to call you and verify that your packages are missing in order to initiate the trace.

Secondly call your local UPS shipping distribution center that your packages are delivered out of and request to speak with a supervisor or manager. Tell them you have several packages that show they were delivered but you have not received them. They'll ask for a tracking number and some of your personal info.

If you can just get Gamestop to call UPS and put the trace you may be able to get your packages if they were delivered to the wrong address or a replacement shipment. In my case it turned out all my packages were delivered somewhere else and after the trace was place I received them in less than 48 hours.

:EDIT:
Nevermind I just read Gamestop were requesting a trace for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont understand some of these companies shipping policies. so i order modern warfare 2 from kmart.com as part of the 40 dollar sale they had couple weeks ago, it takes a week and a half to get here and i swear the yellow envelope looks like it had been run over, on both sides. neither game or case was damaged so no big deal. same day i get dead space from eastore.com, 5.33 shipped 2 day air(15 dollar off coupon) in a huge box with bubble bag protection. seem backward to anyone else?

the regular post office where I live is god-awful. I've had so many problems with them, it isn't even funny. They ALWAYS leave packages at my door and never bother to leave a ticket that says to come pick it up at the post office instead. I've called and complained several times, I even taped a huge note on my mailbox "DO NOT LEAVE ANY PACKAGES IF I AM NOT HOME".....none of it does any good. They are SUPPOSED to leave you a pink ticket if you aren't there, but they never do. One time I even had a box of vinyl records I got off ebay stuck into a dirty pile of snow!

I just gave up and bought a P.O. Box. $40 dollars a year is worth not having to deal with the retarded mail people here. Also I always use FedEx or UPS when I can.

But from what I have heard, FedEx and UPS will NOT ask you to sign for a package unless the shipper specifies to do so. If they just send something ground with no delivery confirmation or anything, they are supposed to just leave it at your door. Although now I have a problem with FedEx just coming to my door and leaving a tag saying they tried to deliver it, without even knocking on my door or anything. They have started just filling out a "attempt to deliver" form before they even get out of the truck, then putting on my door and leaving.

Anyway my advice is to ALWAYS:

1. get insurance
2. get a tracking number
3. get delivery confirmation

if you can do all that you are 99.99% positive they won't leave anything at your door

Man that sucks dude sorry to hear it. Hopefully you get some kind of compensation for bullshit like that, I'm sure something can be worked out. At least I hope so, with the volume of packages I have delivered that's my number one fear in my shit ass neighborhood where my car was broken into once all ready.

Here's what I did when I lived in an apartment:

Put a sign on the door that says "If not home, please leave slips for packages." That way, it doesn't say you aren't home, it just says that if you aren't, don't leave a package. If something is left and stolen, it's on the shipper.

As stated by others, call both companies. What I do when calling a company is ask for a manager or someone in charge. The first person (and possibly even second) to answer the phone are just going to give you the generic story that comes out of some handbook. Get someone on the phone with real authority, tell them you will file with BBB or do a charge back, and they'll probably make it right. Don't take no for an answer or give them any wiggle room.

Wow, lot of whining in here. Package was probably left at the wrong address. I have had that happen a few times. Item shows delivered and I don't see it so I walk a block down in my townhome complex and grab it off a neighbor's porch. Yes, it sucks but the majority of the time I have no issue with FedEx, UPS, or USPS. OP has no reason to worry though, after they figure it out if you dislike the resolution dispute the charges.

I came home yesterday and my $50 just cause 2 from gamestop was just sitting in the yellow package leaned against my door outside our apartment. I have 15 neighbors in this complex and I bet 1/2 of them would have stolen it had then seen it first. Damn package deliverers. I'm just hoping my rfg wasn't stolen, argh.

My UPS guy is anal about having me sign for everything even if it doesn't require a sig. I guess he's had a lot of stolen packages.

So on my last update I said I called UPS and that the driver had also left a post-it type thing on my door saying he wanted to follow up about the packages and he'd be back at a certain date and time... Well, he didn't come back when he said he would, he came back earlier and left a hang tag on my door for me to check that I had a problem with my delivery, when to call me, and I had to sign it, and he would pick it up on a certain date. So I did that, and the hang tag was on my door from 6 AM until late at night, so he didn't bother to come back for that either. Seems like my driver wasn't too interested in following up.

So after missing two calls from the local UPS I got a message today saying I had to call back tonight or my case was closed. I called back, reaffirmed that I hadn't received the packages, hadn't received any replacement from GameStop, and no neighbors were holding the packages for me (all things I already told UPS' corporate line... Glad I got to go through it again with the local office).

He asked if I knew the packages were being delivered, and I could sense it might be a trap because if I knew they were being delivered and I didn't make arrangements for them not to be left there because I was working late, they would somehow say it was my fault. I just told him that I had checked online during the day, saw that they were delivered, and when I got home late they weren't there. He commented "So they just sat out there all evening" but didn't go as far as to say they were stolen, and I of course didn't say they were stolen (or even that they were delivered). The guy said he was going to close the case in my favor meaning they would reimburse the shipper and the shipper could then reimburse me or send out a replacement shipment. He was at least polite about it.

So from tomorrow onward I get to deal with GameStop... I'm not sure if they'll either give me my money back or if they'll try to send me a replacement shipment. If they're going to send a replacement shipment I'm having it sent to my billing address rather than the address I'm currently at.

I know it was two packages consisting of 13 games total, but the total price of it all was $50. Would it really have been a big deal for GameStop to eat that cost first and foremost, or for UPS to just take responsibility off the bat once I told them it wasn't received? Surely $50 worth of merchandise is on the low end of the value of packages UPS loses on a regular basis for their insurance to cover. Furthermore I have no history of saying I didn't receive packages with UPS or GameStop, and I'm sure if I had to do a charge back my credit card company could tell them I've never charged back a single thing before. I know both UPS and GameStop are trying to cover their asses because a lot of $50 dings on their bottom line add up over time and I'm sure in hard economic times, scamming is on the rise, but this was a little overkill.

I feel for you. I just got 9 games from the EA coupon glitch delivered via UPS the other day later in the afternoon. Lucky for me I checked on the UPS site to see it marked 'delivered' and I looked outside my side door, since the frickin' driver just unceremoniously dumped the box of games on the side step and moved our recycling bin in front of the package.:roll:

Apparently, the driver must've had the skills of a ninja, since my family didn't hear the truck pull up(very distinct noise)or the guy walk up the sidewalks. Then again, I think my family is a bit deaf and had the tv volume turned up way loud then.

GameStop said they're resending all my games, I requested that they mail them to my billing address though so we'll see if they actually listen or not. They also said two of the games were backordered (shows OOS online - Beyond Good and Evil XBox and Red Dead Revolver XBox), so I assume they're going to send those when they're no longer backordered. Hopefully.

I ordered a PS3 from Walmart a while back and FedEx just left it while I was gone so there was this decent-sized and clearly visible box just sitting in front of my door for most of the day and all night long. Fortunately it was still there when I came home. UPS drops all packages off at the main office. Who knows why FedEx won't.

Another time I heard a knock on the door and when I went to open in 30 seconds later FedEx had already left the package and taken off!

Makes me weary of ordering online now.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Iamthecheapestgamer, UPS drivers are ninjas. Just google UPS ninjas for some hilarious tales haha.[/QUOTE]

They certainly must be, since if it were not for me being downstairs and hearing the thump as they dumped the box on the side stoop to our house, I would've probably never heard them.

*sigh*

When I contacted GameStop to request either to have the games reshipped or for a refund, I requested that the games be reshipped to me but to my billing address since UPS at this address sucks ass.

So they email me back saying the games (except two that are backordered) are being reshipped.

I ask for a tracking number and if they'll ship the other two games when they're in stock.

They reply with a tracking number, and its being sent via UPS "NEXT DAY AIR SAVER" to my shipping address. And they don't answer if or when I'll receive the OOS games. *sigh*

I assume it'll arrive tomorrow, of course, I'll be working 9-5 so if its just left on my porch again, there's a great chance it'll just get stolen again. If GameStop just shipped it to my billing address where there is someone home all day in a very safe and secure neighborhood like I requested, I wouldn't have to worry.

Thanks, GameStop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just as I suspected...

Delivered On: 04/13/2010 10:02 A.M. Location:FRT DOORAnd that's to the address I asked them NOT to ship to. I won't be home until 5 PM. 7 hours for someone to steal something off the front porch which obviously has proven to be unsafe. Here is hoping my shit doesn't get stolen again...

How far is your place from your work, kodave? I would definitely suggest running on your lunch break if it's not too far and trying to grab the package and put it in your car till after work(or just toss it inside since you'll be right at your door anyway).

Otherwise, do you have any friends/relatives who could stop by your place and pick up the package for you if you have no time to do it yourself?

No apartment or manager, its privately owned condos (that can be rented out).

I can't make it home until about 5.

I did ask a neighbor if she sees packages on my doorstep to grab them and leave me a note, but I have no idea if she is at the complex or what time she'll see the packages prior to 5 PM.

Really would it have been that hard for GameStop to pay for signature confirmation since they paid to fucking OVERNIGHT me the package? Or for UPS to leave a sticky on the door saying "You weren't home, we'll try again tomorrow at this time, or check this box to come pick it up yourself."

My neighbor, the one who I talked to about packages, picked it up off my porch a couple hours after it was delivered and left a note on my door, so I got it from her when I got home.

Most of the games look like they'll play, but I definitely need to invest in some replacement game boxes. That's what I get for ordering used off GameStop.Com though.

At least my ordeal is over (minus the two OOS games), so hopefully the process I went through can help someone else if they have to deal with UPS and/or GameStop regarding stolen or unreceived packages.

My neighbors are candidates for Nicest Neighbors Of All Time, and have picked up countless packages for me when no-one was home. They've done so many nice things for me that I feel like an ass for not being able to do much for them, but at least I know that my stuff is safe. I live in a pretty safe neighborhood, though.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']They've done so many nice things for me that I feel like an ass for not being able to do much for them, but at least I know that my stuff is safe.[/QUOTE]

Find out their favorite restaurant, and get them a gift card or something.

UPS can be really awful. A while back I wasn't expecting anything, nor was my dad that I knew of, so I went out when he came and noticed they were for the neighbors. I ran over to his truck and told him and he asked for me to take them over since he didn't know the area well. (He found our house fine.)

So I take them over, only to discover they were signature required which I damn sure wasn't going to do.

For the longest time they left stuff on my front porch as well which was stupid because putting it on the back porch was quicker from where they came in and pretty much out of view. Luckily, I never had anything stolen though.

I had a Wii Fit stolen from door last year and Best buy shipped me another one no questions asked. I have had the mailman deliver my packages to other houses because he is on his bluetooth headset while delivering mail and doesnt pay attention to what he is doing and those packages were lost forever. I had a bad relationship with that mail man.

I put a sign on door saying to ups or fedex not to leave packages and UPS told me the driver does not have to abide by that.

[quote name='skinkrawl']Here's what I did when I lived in an apartment:

Put a sign on the door that says "If not home, please leave slips for packages." That way, it doesn't say you aren't home, it just says that if you aren't, don't leave a package. If something is left and stolen, it's on the shipper.
[/QUOTE]

I did that and they still left packages. Ups told me driver doesnt have to follow rules posted on your door.

[quote name='DaBlingKing']I did that and they still left packages. Ups told me driver doesnt have to follow rules posted on your door.[/QUOTE]

I would have gotten someone fired had they left a package after I instructed them not to. Like I said earlier, you call and get a higher up on the phone, you'll get what you're looking for, no questions asked.

[quote name='DaBlingKing']I did that and they still left packages. Ups told me driver doesnt have to follow rules posted on your door.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='skinkrawl']I would have gotten someone fired had they left a package after I instructed them not to. Like I said earlier, you call and get a higher up on the phone, you'll get what you're looking for, no questions asked.[/QUOTE]

That is a load of shit. I drive fedex and If you leave something in a unsecured apartment and it gets stolen it is your ass, especially if the customer leaves a note saying not to. Granted UPS and Fedex are a little different but I would assume they would have some common sense.

If there is a number on the box I call it and ask if you work in the area and If I can meet you, if no number I goto apartment offiice, if you live in a condo you are SOL till your home cuz im not leaving your shit on the doorstep.

I would talk to a terminal manager, they can get some heads rolling for you.

Isn't Fedex drivers independent contractors or some of them are? I remember a couple of years ago there was some big thing with FedEx over that, but UPS drivers are union so I'm sure they don't care since it'll be hard to fire them.

bread's done
Back