Painkiller: Triple Dose for $9.99 at Best Buy B&M

EGWill

CAGiversary!
Picked up Painkiller: Triple Dose for $9.99 on 1//1/09 (best Buy in Charlottesville, VA). Includes Painkiller, Painkiller: Battle Out of Hell expansion pack, andPainkiller: Overdose. About $5 less than the current Steam sale and Gamestop prices I believe. SKU is 8940239.

Later,
EG

[quote name='EGWill']Picked up Painkiller: Triple Dose for $9.99 on 1//1/09 (best Buy in Charlottesville, VA). Includes Painkiller, Painkiller: Battle Out of Hell expansion pack, andPainkiller: Overdose. About $5 less than the current Steam sale and Gamestop prices I believe. SKU is 8940239.

Later,
EG[/QUOTE]

Almost bought them at STEAM yesterday, glad I did not!Thanks OP!

[quote name='hcamacho']Almost bought them at STEAM yesterday, glad I did not!Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

I'd say it's worth it to have a dedicated server to download from whenever you need.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']'It has a fucking gun that shoots lighting and shurikens.'
-Yahtzee[/quote]

LOL. That review from Yahtzee made me want to check it out, I haven't picked it up yet though. Gotta go check out my BB stores!

[quote name='h3llbring3r']'It has a fucking gun that shoots lighting and shurikens.'
-Yahtzee[/quote]

Greatest quote ever. His review sorta makes me want to get it....

Great deal on a fun set of games. It's good, mindless fun. The graphics are great, and all should run well even on systems with slightly older hardware. A GeForce 6800 should have no trouble even at higher resolutions.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I'd say it's worth it to have a dedicated server to download from whenever you need.[/QUOTE]

You know, that is what I will do after buying the game, I wont install it on my pc....I will go to STEAM and enter the serial number for the games, and STEAM will recognize them, and will download them from there!I did that with Dark Messiah might & magic, and worked flawlessly!!!!

The first game and addon are great. The user created mod turned second game, not so much, so if you can find Painkiller Gold thats good enough in my opinion.

Painkiller blew my mind the first time I ever played it; it was one of the first games I remember really showing off Havok physics. Nailing enemies to the wall by their arms w/ a stake was just the best.

[quote name='hcamacho']You know, that is what I will do after buying the game, I wont install it on my pc....I will go to STEAM and enter the serial number for the games, and STEAM will recognize them, and will download them from there!I did that with Dark Messiah might & magic, and worked flawlessly!!!![/QUOTE]

Can someone confirm this is true? I know only certain retail games like Prey will let you input your serial and get the steam version. I know my copy of UT3 didn't.

-Yahtzee[/QUOTE]

:lol: Yeah that review made me check it out. Great game for when thinking becomes too much of a chore.

I took my roommate to BB with me and he found it buried in the shelves. I was disapointed because all I found at first was a package with "the first 12 levels!" of Painkiller for $10. The Triple Dose was marked $19.99 but rang up for $9.99. Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='hcamacho']You know, that is what I will do after buying the game, I wont install it on my pc....I will go to STEAM and enter the serial number for the games, and STEAM will recognize them, and will download them from there!I did that with Dark Messiah might & magic, and worked flawlessly!!!![/quote]

Hmm, I've only done this with Valve games. This is cool if it works for any game on Steam with a code. I've got Might and Magic from Target clearance so I'll have to try.

I got a call from one of my brother's who found the triple pack. Apparently it was in the bargain games (shovelware section). I am thinking about getting it through steam since I can't find it.

FWIW I played this (right before or after the remake of DOOM came out) it ran smashingly on an old NVIDIA 6200 AGP card. So I would worry about GPU power.

[quote name='babylonian']Buying Gold Edition through Steam for $7.50 was probably the right idea, as it came with Painkiller and Battle out of Hell, the two good ones. Overdose is apparently a fan-made mod that wound up getting published, and is also apparently shite:
http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=48792&mode=thread&order=0[/quote]

On a similar note, Big Lots carried the boxed version of Painkiller Gold for $6. I saw some still floating around not long ago.

bread's done
Back