Paintball Mask Ebay Question

Michael Scott

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Howdy!

I recently bought a big paintball package off of Ebay. The problem I currently have is that I was to receive a "brand new" JT paintball mask, however when I received it, it did not have the lens in it. I have been out of paintball for many years, but I figured a new mask meant it was ready to go (do they even sell masks without the lens included?).

I've already contacted the seller and he told me that he bought it off of Ebay a few years ago like that and he didn't feel obligated to do anything else.

Opinions on how I should proceed? It's not a huge deal, I just think he should have mentioned the lens was not included.

I'd verify with the company that the lens was supposed to be in it (seems like it would have to be to me) and then contact eBay and say it was not accurately described.

They typically side with the buyer so you really shouldn't have any problems at all.

A lot of the companies are now selling masks new without lenses. Usually you can pick a new lens for about $6 to $10, depending on what features it has (anti fog, scratch resistance, tint, etc.)

Really? I've NEVER seen a set of goggles sold without lenses. Granted you'd probably want to replace them anyway if they looked used but I hope the deal was good enough to overlook this error. I wouldn't like to receive half the item for sure. Last I checked lenses were a little more like $20-$30.

Yeah it's definitely not a deal breaker because I still think I got a good deal, but it's the principle of the thing that the item was not listed 100% accurately and if he gets away with this, it could get worse for other buyers down the line. Thanks for the advice, I'm probably just going to give him positive feedback and ask that he lists things more accurately in the future.

bread's done
Back