Panasonic 50" 1080p Plasma + HDMI Cable + other goodies for less than $2000

oNeWiNgEdAnGeL

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (89%)
8309056_ra.jpg

Panasonic 50" 1080p Flat-Panel Plasma HDTV
Retail: $2999.99
Employee: $1,986.81 + $1,000 mail-in rebate from Panasonic just for Best Buy employees = $986.81 + tax = $1150.72
4 year Best Buy Extended Warranty
Retail: $399.99
Employee: $239.99

8249399_ra.jpg

Panamax 9-Outlet Rack-Mountable Power Conditioner/ Surge Protector
Retail: $299.98
Employee: $110.56

7857599_sa.jpg

Monster Cable M Series 4' HDMI A/V Cable
Retail: $169.99
Employee: $59.65

7451884_sa.jpg

BDI Deploy TV - Cherry
Retail: $599.98
Employee: $328.91

Retail total: $4,849.52 after tax
Employee total: $2,941.01 after tax
After MIR from Panasonic (8-14 weeks for delivery): $1,941.01 after tax

That's about 60% off retail when all is said and done. I might downgrade the HDMI cable and return the warranty.

As of now, regular old standard TV looks like crap compared our old Sony Trinitron CRT. I'm hoping it could be from the cable wire or the cable service and not from the TV itself. If that's how it's suppose to look, I guess we'll get use to it.

Nice. Return the cable and get one from monoprice.com and that surge protector is overkill. Keep the warranty instead.

SD will look like crap on a 50" HD set. Its the signal, not the tv.

You were doing so well until the hdmi cable. There's no reason to spend any more money than you have to on hdmi as the signal is all digital (1's an 0's). Return that and buy the monoprice one for $3.50. The monoprice cable also happens to be longer. Good haul anyways.

[quote name='klwillis45']Nice. Return the cable and get one from monoprice.com and that surge protector is overkill. Keep the warranty instead.

SD will look like crap on a 50" HD set. Its the signal, not the tv.[/QUOTE]

I'll return the cable and get it from monoprice. Surge protector I'll most probably keep.

[quote name='jagwire1141']You were doing so well until the hdmi cable. There's no reason to spend any more money than you have to on hdmi as the signal is all digital (1's an 0's). Return that and buy the monoprice one for $3.50. The monoprice cable also happens to be longer. Good haul anyways.[/QUOTE]

Link me to the $3.50?

[quote name='Punk_Raven']I'm so envious >

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']

Link me to the $3.50?

[/quote]

He lied...it's $4.79 for a 6ft (plus like $3 shipping) or $4.31 for a 3 ft.

They had a deal last Sunday for a 6ft for $2.38 plus shipping, but the price went back up.

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']I ordered 3 of those and the total came out to be $17.24 after tax and shipping.[/quote]

$59.65 > $17.24

And you get three cables instead of 1.

[quote name='Scorch']I will get a job at Best Buy just so I can get this deal/discount, then quit. I must have that TV.[/quote]
Damn, I was thinkin the exact same thing. :applause:

Nice score OP.

I think that looks like a decent power surge protector, especially at that price. Plasma are pretty energy intensive, so it's good to know how much juice it's getting. At 240, I think i'd keep the warranty, that's a great deal on the whole package, outside of the hdmi cable.

That's a sweet deal, although with 1000 off, i'd have opted for the 58" :) Dunno what that would cost you, I think the cost on that TV is around 3k IIRC.

Return the HDMI, but keep the rest of the stuff, you'll be glad you have the power surge thing in the long run. Keep the warranty, just in case, especially at that price. One repair on that plasma is probably quite a bit.

That's a sweet deal, although with 1000 off, i'd have opted for the 58" :)

Return the HDMI, but keep the rest of the stuff, you'll be glad you have the power surge thing in the long run. Keep the warranty, just in case, especially at that price. One repair on that plasma is probably quite a bit.

i'm pretty sure its actually an AVR (automatic voltage regulator). The idea is that when you plug a device into AC (alternating current) the voltage fluctuates from 110~130 volts. For some devices when it dips too low, it can damage the product. I understand why you would take that exact precaution with a 50" screen. good job OP!

bread's done
Back