Panasonic DMR-E95HS DVD Recorder + 160GB HDD $350 @Buy.com

redline

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I just checked AVSforum.com and found that Buy.com has a deal on the Panasonic E95HS DVD recorder for $379.99. This is a very good deal, retail price on this unit is $699. It has a 160GB hard drive and can record to DVD-RAM or DVD-RW. Buy.com doesn't charge sales tax (in my state anyways) and has free shipping for this item. I think there is also a $15 coupon code floating around for new customers. It says low availability for the E95 on their website, so this probably won't last very long.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=90145984&loc=111&sp=1

[quote name='fanskad']How hard is it to get the TV listings with this?

I am very interested.[/QUOTE]

I just ordered it, so I don't have any first-hand knowledge. However the product information says it can pull the TV guide information off of your cable or an over-the-air antenna (if your area broadcasts guide info OTA). If you have Satellite you won't get TV listings on this unit, you'll probably just have to program it to record at a certain time over the A/V input from your satellite receiver(like a VCR).

I have the Toshiba model that is like this (80 GB HD)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...4634-5203214?v=glance&s=electronics&n=1036920

I use mine like a VCR (I have DVR with my cable for TIVO-like viewing). But these are really cool machines. I mostly use mine for classroom use (burn my teaching videos to DVDs). There is a learning curve but you can do some fairly decent editing on it (nearly frame by frame control). The only advantage that the Toshiba had over the Panasonic (a year ago) was that it has a hotwire input on the front for your DV camera.

The smaller HD hasn't been a problem because I move stuff out to DVD-Rs and I bought a bunch of cheap DVD-RAM discs for storage as well.

[quote name='schultzed']I have the Toshiba model that is like this (80 GB HD)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...4634-5203214?v=glance&s=electronics&n=1036920

I use mine like a VCR (I have DVR with my cable for TIVO-like viewing). But these are really cool machines. I mostly use mine for classroom use (burn my teaching videos to DVDs). There is a learning curve but you can do some fairly decent editing on it (nearly frame by frame control). The only advantage that the Toshiba had over the Panasonic (a year ago) was that it has a hotwire input on the front for your DV camera.

The smaller HD hasn't been a problem because I move stuff out to DVD-Rs and I bought a bunch of cheap DVD-RAM discs for storage as well.[/QUOTE]

Sounds pretty awesome. I've been waiting for these DVD recorder/hard drive combos to come down in price, they've been over $500 for quite some time. The Panasonic E95 has the firewire input for DV cameras, but from what I've read the next model DVD recorder/hard drive that Panasonic has coming out will NOT have it. So anyone looking for a model with firewire should jump on this deal!

bread's done
Back