Pancakes, Waffles or French Toast?

Belgian waffles with the works FTW.

French Toast can be pretty good as well.

Pancakes are alright (but the walnut pancakes I had a few weeks ago were great).

French Toast hands down. They're the shit. Waffles with fruit on them are great too. Pancakes are to pedestrian for me to say they're the best.

As promised I made french toast last night since it was leading. :drool:

2 eggs; 1/4 cup milk; 1/2 tsp salt; 1 TB sugar FTW (vanilla and cinnamon optional)

Sounds good, wubb. You made the right choice, but you should know better than to call it French toast. It's Freedom toast.

Waffles. Pancakes are too spungy. French toast is too sweet and greasy most of the time. I have some waffles for breakfast several times a week. Usually Nutragrain Blueberry Eggo's. Of course a nice, fresh made belgian waffle is much better, but no time for that shit.

[quote name='munch']Sounds good, wubb. You made the right choice, but you should know better than to call it French toast. It's Freedom toast.[/QUOTE]

That is a good point.

I'm really torn between French toast and waffles.
I'm going to have to say waffles. "They're like pancakes with syrup traps!"
And ROSCOE'S. fuckING ROSCOE'S.

Waffles + Butter = the winner.

The others I have to put syrup on cuz the taste of the bread itself isn't that great, but oh man.. homemade waffles even plain are so good.

Banana Nut Pancakes and Maple Syrup

then

Blueberry Pancakes and Boysenberry Syrup

Waffles and French Toast need not apply

However, What about crepes?

They would be behind pancakes for me, but miles ahead of the other two.

Definitely waffles. Pancakes are too heavy, even fluffy pancakes are heavy, though obviously not as much. As for french toast, well the last time I had that I prepared it and it was too egg-y.

So, I pick waffles, believe it!

This ones hard, but I'm gunna go with French Toast. Sourdough pancakes are a very close second though.

CHICKEN N' WAFFLES
roscoes2xd0.jpg

[quote name='Unickuta']Waffles should win, but the shitty quality of the frozen ones makes French Toast the winner.[/QUOTE]

That's silly. Compare the real versions. Or otherwise compare frozen waffles to frozen pancakes and frozen french toast.

waffles>pancakes>>>>>>>french toast

French toast is winning? Really??? C'mon - if I wanted grease for breakfast, I'd get hashbrowns.

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']Even though waffles got my vote, where is the cinnamon toast?????[/QUOTE]

apples and oranges

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']Even though waffles got my vote, where is the cinnamon toast?????[/QUOTE]
Good point. Cinnamon toast is way better than french toast.

[quote name='argyle']waffles>pancakes>>>>>>>french toast

French toast is winning? Really??? C'mon - if I wanted grease for breakfast, I'd get hashbrowns.[/QUOTE]
This post mirrors my opinion thus I shall quote it and say QFT as though it were the absolute truth.

QFT.

i was into those mcdonalds breakfast bagels when they first came out greasy but good. and though of the 4 things you mentioned id choose waffles my very first choice would be sausage biscuits. most southern folk would probably agree.

[quote name='wubb']I've decided my order is

1) French toast
2) Pancakes
3) Waffles

But I love them all![/quote]

I was going to say this poll fails without "All of the above"

Pancakes; they tend to be ebtter than waffles on average but are topped only by Waffle House, which, sadly, are lacking in the Northeast.

[quote name='bmachine']Are those the Rold Gold Honey Wheat Twists? If so, yeah...they're fucking amazing.[/quote]

I buy those all the time (the store brand, but they are pretty much the same). They are so good. Try dipping them in peanut butter. :drool:

Do crepes count as pancakes?

if so we are all missing the point

crepes ftw!
wtf are these waffles/french toast things you talk about?

I'd vote waffles just because I can eat a ton of them without getting sick of them [Eggos (?) come to mind though]. I don't get French toast often and with pancakes, I can eat 2-3 of them before I start hating them. I mean I start thinking I never want a pancake again after a couple.

Crepes are fucking awesome too.

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']my mom makes awesome french toast[/quote]I might have to stay over some night and wake up in the morning with some delicious french toast.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I might have to stay over some night and wake up in the morning with some delicious french toast.[/quote]

lol unless youre thinking some kind of sleepover thing or something and not about the other possibility.

I say all the above topped with blue berry syrup. Also a side of sausage, bacon, ham, hash browns, and fried eggs.

Okay to be serious French Toast.

bread's done
Back