Pansonic TH-42PX60U. Help requested.

SpikeSpiegel

CAGiversary!
I'm in the market for an HDTV right now I originally wanted on capable of 1080p but decided it was at bit excessive for my needs so I decided to go for 1080i or less.

An electronic store has one of these Tvs on sale for $1188. I'm also going to get a warranty so with that and tax it would be around $1600.

It seems to have everything I'd need including a generous supply of inputs.

I basically wanted some opinions on this TV as I'm pretty sure quite a few of you have the model.

Something I'm concerned about is burn-in. HUDs in games would be the only concern as I don't keep games paused for long lengths of time. I already know about the 100 hour period., and the FAQ was pretty much common sense.

Here is the page for the TV
http://tinyurl.com/y5jk7w

That plasma is generally regarded as one of the top plasmas on the market in the price range. So yea thats a good deal, as another note you can get the same tv from Sam's club with a cheaper warranty for less money if you belong.

The panny 60U is an excellent plasma. I'm thinking about getting the 50inch myself. I like the Pioneer 5070 a little bit more, but its substantially more. You can find reviews for the 60U on Cnet, and check out AVSforum.com. They'll have a 60U owners thread that'll take you days to sort through. My friend has been gaming on his panny plasma for a couple year now. He plays for a couple hours at a time. No burn-in or retention issues, and it looks outstanding.

Good luck!

bread's done
Back