Panzer D. Orta, FF Chronicles, R-type Final, Ikaruga, Shenmue 2 at Fry's

HYDE

CAGiversary!
This pertains to the San Diego Fry's. All others = YMMV.

Skipped out of work early to make sure I snagged a copy of R-type Final for $19.99 at my local Fry's. Only saw 6 copies and none in the cage so for anyone who wants in on the sale that I've heard ends tonight (2/5), you need to go NOW!!!

As I was checking out the other games, I saw these potential deals. Not sure how great the prices are to what may be out there, but they seemed like good deals to me.

Ikaruga - $29.99. They had probably 30 copies between the GCube shelves, cage below and gaming area near the entrance. It's no $19.99 at BB, but at least this is in stock :) They even had it demo'ing which I found odd (almost like there was a second push to sell this game)

Panzer Dragoon Orta - $19.99. A few copies on an endcap and another 20 or so copies in a shopping cart right next to the games. Plenty left...

Shenmue 2 - $14.99 - Think I saw about 5 copies left.

Final Fantasy Chronicles - $14.99 - NON GREATEST HITS VERSION. Yes, they had a few non-GH versions along with PLENTY (in the cage below) copies of the Greatest Hits version left. They had GH versions of Tactics and FF7 but I didn't bother checking the price.

That's about it. Enjoy.

I was at the one here in Vegas the other day, it's only on sale $24.99 there and they hadn't received it yet. Not worth driving all the way down there again for $5 off MSRP, I'll just get it from Best Buy with the GGC whenever it is they get it.

Was SERIOUSLY thinking about Shenmue 2 at $14.99 though, but they have a metric ton of them and I don't think their going anywhere anytime soon... ;)

[quote name='Medium_Pimpin']except $15 bf1942 exp. and LOTR:ROTK pc.[/quote]

yeah i saw those games too but they were $12.99

[quote name='TheRock88']Just wondering, but what did the price tag on the R Type box say?[/quote]

29.99 but rung up 19.99 at the counter

omg... I jus registered on this site and the first thing I read is "r type final only $19.99 but sale ends tonite..."

aw how sad!! I shoulda gone when my roommate went to best buy...

regardless I didnt even kno the game was out... but I shall try my luck this weekend!!

Picked up R-type Final from the same Fry's for the same price. Small cheapass world.

So far i'm enjoying it. It's not better than R-type Delta though.

Thanks for the heads up, I made sure I picked up the 2nd print copies of Final Fantasy Chronicles :) !

A sealed one goes for about $65+ on ebay! Not a bad profit.

MarkMan: Heh, I went back to Fry's after reading your post. Wanted to get a copy either to keep sealed (to see if I ever had the urge to play) or to sell (should I decide not to play). The originals are now gone... there were 4 when I was there and in 2 days, they sold them. Plenty of GH versions left. Must be a number of S.D. CAG'ers!

And for anyone still interested in R-Type. It's still there. 4 copies left I believe (I saw no new stock in the cage either but they may have it elsewhere). The sale is indeed still on. The price of $19.99 was listed above the game so it's hard to miss.

Just went to frys in Anaheim and they had otogi for 19.99, they only had 2 copies and I got one of them, great buy.

[quote name='MarkMan']Thanks for the heads up, I made sure I picked up the 2nd print copies of Final Fantasy Chronicles :) !

A sealed one goes for about $65+ on ebay! Not a bad profit.[/quote]

Where did you get the figure of $65+? FFC is the one with Chrono Trigger and FFIV, right?

I believe you can get it for MUCH LESS than $65... more like $30 or so.

Go look on ebay, and check completed items for Final Fantasy Chronicles NEW/Sealed.

You'll see they all went for around 60 with one that ended as high as 75+.

Check first next time. :)

I checked the completed items on ebay. I didn't see that many copies of Final Fantasy Chronicles that ended around $60. I'm not saying that there weren't any though. All of the copies that sold for around $60 were also the original non-Greatest Hits copies. If I understand correctly, you have the second version, which most likely means Greatest Hits. If that's the case, it looks like you'll only be getting about $20 for it.

bread's done
Back