Panzer Dragoon Saga

This is the only reason I'm considering at some point buying a Saturn. I will probably get raped, as I know that I will never find a deal like that. Would you sell it for $40 after you beat it? :rofl:

Congratulations, you magnificent bastard.

Any chance of parting with that Panzer Dragoon II disc?

I've got Saga pending in myself... and since I have no backup capabilities, the original will be spinning in my Saturn.

/didn't get it for $8
//$60 shipped from the west coast
///ebay sucks

I kept feeling like i was dreaming, but it was still here when i woke up today!

I always dream of running into games like that for cheap, like some store gets a copy of Radiant Silvergun and doesn't know what it is and slaps $5 on it, or i'm at a rummage sale looking at some loose Nintendo carts and one of those competition ones is in there...i've always had fantasies like that, and one of them actually came true. I'm still in disbelief.

[quote name='Sailorneorune']Congratulations, you magnificent bastard.

Any chance of parting with that Panzer Dragoon II disc?

I've got Saga pending in myself... and since I have no backup capabilities, the original will be spinning in my Saturn.

/didn't get it for $8
//$60 shipped from the west coast
///ebay sucks[/quote]

At the moment, no, i don't think i'm willing to part with it; i didn't have a copy to begin with. But, if i manage to get a complete copy anytime soon, i probably would; i'll give you a heads up since you were first (and because i like that "magnificent bastard" bit...that's great).

It's a good feeling to find something you've been looking for cheap. I've had some excellent finds over the years, and none have really compared to the one you stumbled upon yesterday... not even my battle-weary $4 copy of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

One of my friends' might: $20 Suikoden II. New. Granted this was years ago when stores couldn't give them away, but games like this are nice to have years later when people are hawking them on ebay for ridiculous prices, and local stores follow those sick examples (I'M LOOKING AT YOU, MCVANS, YOU PRICKS). *cough* sorry, threadjack over.

Either way, enjoy the game, and if you decide to share the Panzer love, please think of the CAGs.

-sailorneorune, fighting for love, justice, and cheap games

The thing is we value games like people value cars, jewlety, and all kinds of other stuff. So it is not a surprise that you would get the game for such a price.

What still makes me ticked off that somebody found a Nintendo employee having a yard sale and they had another copy of EarthBound Nintendo, Six Starfox weekends, and a whole lotta demos and test carts.

Then again I had a woring Nintendo testing kit with a pannassonic in my hands and somebody decided to "dump it"

It is not the worst thing. I watched a kid bat his Fathers 80GIG Hard Drive to death. I mean it had a GHz computer with all the fixing smahed right in front of my face. The father allowed him since he wanted him to destroy the data on the HD. I mean why?

Actually, finding Panzer Dragoon Saga started my current craze of collecting older games and systems. I found one at a garage sale for $2 along with a bunch of other Saturn games. Didn't know it was worth as much as it is, but I picked it up, thinking it was a Zwei clone. ( I used to be a Sega nut, that is until the Sega CD/32x debacle -- was one of the only kids with a SMS but no NES). Now I have a Saturn, but haven't had a chance to try Saga out.

i picked up saga on the day of release (45 minute drive from my job....took a LONG lunch) and glad i did, as the eb i got it at never restocked... unfortunatly, i also saw a radiant silvergun, and figured i'd pick it up the next week.... god i still kick myself in the ass over that :(

That's a great find. This inspires me to hit up my local pawn shops again. The good thing about Saga is it's actually a pretty fun game.

Wow! Great find, I just bought a complete w/ white cases copy (MINT!) for $120 at a flea market and I thought (and still think) that was a great deal!
I did have to redeem that pricey purchase however by buying a cart only Earthbound ($4), a complete Streets of Rage 3 ($5), and a complete Soul Caliber 3 ($3) this week at a few local pawn shops and thrift stores.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']Awesome find.

I think my best find of my life was buying 2 brand new in box sega saturn consoles
for 1 penny each. :)[/QUOTE]
wow, tell us the story of that.

[quote name='addicted2games']wow, tell us the story of that.[/QUOTE]

not much to tell really.
Bestbuy were getting rid of all there sega saturn stuff years ago.
They usually "penny out" strategy guides after a few months of sitting on the shelfs.

Well they just happen to do the same thing with these 2 saturns that were found in the back of their warehouse in the store.

I finally ebayed the systems but was very cool walking out with 2 systems for 2 pennys :)

[quote name='Ivanhoe']not much to tell really.
Bestbuy were getting rid of all there sega saturn stuff years ago.
They usually "penny out" strategy guides after a few months of sitting on the shelfs.

Well they just happen to do the same thing with these 2 saturns that were found in the back of their warehouse in the store.

I finally ebayed the systems but was very cool walking out with 2 systems for 2 pennys :)[/quote]

I would too >.>

Now I'm gonna go on a hunt through all the lesser known media stores over here -_^

[quote name='sonicdescent']would someone explain to me the difference between copies with black cd case/covers and white cd case/covers?[/quote]Euro - black
US - white

actually the sleeves for the extra discs are different colors depending on print runs.

They had 2 print runs

First one I think were white sleeves and 2nd print run were black sleeves

Total between the 2 print runs was between 12,000 and 15,000 copies total.

bread's done
Back