Papa John's Pizza

Ub3rChief

CAGiversary!
My favorite online deal has apparently expired (the code was "PHILLY"). Usually, in my experience, they issue a new code that offers the same deal as the earlier code offered when it expires, but I haven't seen a new code yet.

Anybody know any other deals? Getting pizza from them is like a tradition for me, and losing this code really makes me sad. :(

EDIT: Soulless sons of b****es removed the BOGO deal (at least for me). Here's hoping a new one pops up soon.

[quote name='evilmax17']How does Papa John's compare to other chain pizza places? Dominos/Pizza Hut/etc?[/quote]

Papa John's has the best tasting semen, hands down. Pizza Hut's is kinda salty.

[quote name='chemical']Papa John's has the best tasting semen, hands down. Pizza Hut's is kinda salty.[/quote]

ROFLMAO!!!

best post of the millennium!! :D

p.s. [SIZE=-1]Billywitchdoctor.com: One convenient location... in Africa :rofl:
[/SIZE]

Eh, I've got the Papa John's/Dominos/Pizza Hut/Cici's down here. I love Papa John's and Cici's (in my Cici's you can see them making the pizza, so you know nothing bad is going on there). The Papa John's just had some major restructuring, and most of the employees quit the place (some went to Dominos instead).

Still no updates on the personal stories?

[quote name='Kayden']Give me a pizza oven and 20 minutes and I'll make a pie that'll make you nut.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it would. The dough needs time to rise. Now if you said give me 6-8 hours and I'll make you a pie that make you nut. Then I would give it some consideration.

[quote name='Thongsy']I think it's a east coast thing. I usually hear that when I talk to people from NY and around there.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was all Ninja Turtles... Pizza Pie..

My freshman year in college, I used to eat these things four times a week. One time I force-fed myself an entire large mushroom pizza and washed it down with a liter of UV Blue while playing Hot Shots Golf 3. That was a good night.

[quote name='propeller_head']
p.s. [SIZE=-1]Billywitchdoctor.com: One convenient location... in Africa :rofl:
[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

It's "One convenient locations..." That was the funniest part. And now that I'm typing this, it's not very funny anymore.

[quote name='xenoman80']just make sure it has extra sauce and pineapples an i wont complain.[/quote]
I cannot understand the phenomena that is pineapples on pizza. NASTY!

That's almost as weird as those people who put honey on McDonalds hash browns when I visited family in TX.

Pineapple on Pizza rules over all other toppings. But a truly KILLER combo is Pineapple, Bacon and Onion. Mmmmmm.

I've also had a killer Nacho Pizza, complete with shredded spicy chicken, jalepenios and tortilla chips all baked on top......seriously deliscious stuff.

After awhile pepperoni and mushroom gets damn old.

Stupid coupon doesn't work for me. :(

"The following error has been detected:

Promotion item not available in this restaurant.

FAIL"

[quote name='Kendro']I cannot understand the phenomena that is pineapples on pizza. NASTY!

That's almost as weird as those people who put honey on McDonalds hash browns when I visited family in TX.[/quote]

I don't know, I think pineapple is damn tasty on a pizza.

[quote name='Moxio']Stupid coupon doesn't work for me. :(

"The following error has been detected:

Promotion item not available in this restaurant.

FAIL"[/QUOTE]

You had me worried, but it works for me... I don't really NEED two pizza's, but shit, why not if it's free? I'll just throw the other one in the refrigarator.

yea... so heres how I got my pizza free...

Paid with my credit card online so I wouldnt get hasseled instore about not havign a coupon. Once I got there she had a little problem ringing up my order so the manager came over and since the pizzas were on the counter and paid for (or so I thought) I walked out with them. I get home and check my email where it says there is a problem with my papa johns order and was unable to complete the order due to an error, so they refunded the 13 bucks to my credit card.

Not sure why, but long story short 2 xl cheese pizzas ended up costing me 0 dollars.

i tried a frozen essensia spinach & mushroom rising crust pizza last night. was very good. better than any other frozen pizza ive had (except california pizza kitchen).

it wasnt very much $ either $4.50 & the avg size is 30oz. essensia is Albertsons new premium store brand.

albertsons also owns the following stores that you may be able to find it
  • Acme (134 locations)
  • Acme Express, Albertsons Express, and Jewel Express
  • Albertsons (964 locations)
  • Bristol Farms (11 locations)
  • County Line Liquors (1 location)
  • Grocery Warehouse (1 location)
  • Jewel and Jewel-Osco (200 locations)
  • Lazy Acres (1 location)
  • Max Foods (6 locations, 3 locations converted to Lucky, 1 location closed)
  • Osco Pharmacy and Sav-on Pharmacy (906 pharmacies)
  • Save-A-Lot (2 locations; franchised by Shaw's)
  • Shaw's (188 locations)
  • Star Market (20 locations)
  • Super Saver Foods

[quote name='Roufuss']You had me worried, but it works for me... I don't really NEED two pizza's, but shit, why not if it's free? I'll just throw the other one in the refrigarator.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe you could MAN-UP and chow both of them, like a guy should :D

Cici's does the job if we're out shopping and want a cheap easy meal. I think the last time I went with my wife and boy it was like 9.00.
I like PapaJohn's, though I don't like their 'perfect pan'. I've used BOGO last week, and PHILLY more than once, no problem. I think I paid online with CC most times though.
Every now and then I'll have the urge for a Pizza hut buffet. I'm a sucker for buffets, and I like their breadsticks [if fresh.].
I won't argue that generally the 'one-shot' places can be better than the chain places, but for the price, most of the chain places aren't bad. Some actual New York pizza places are very good, but, well, you have to live in New York to get there, and I have absolutely no interest in living in or even going to NY again.
And you usually pay for that--for 20 bucks I can get 2 large PJ's pizzas with lots of toppings, cheesesticks, and chicken tenders. That's at least three meals for my family. The local NY Pizza place, one single large one-topping pizza is 20 bucks, and my wife and I can knock that out in one meal. So I won't deny "NY" or "NY style" pizza can be better, but I don't think it's 300% better.
I've seen CPK frozen pizza, but I can't make myself pay 8 or 9 bucks for 12 ounces of pizza or whatever it is. Frozen-wise, I eat Totino's [used to love their Temptin' Toppins pizza], Red Baron, DiGiornio's, occasionally Tony's if I can get it cheap, or I'll make my own, sometimes with Bisquick or Jiffy pizza crust mix with lots of additional spices as the base.

Agreed, the local independent pizza places in my area charge on average $11 for a large plain pizza. I think it's slightly better than Papa John's but with this code, for $1 less I can get 2 large Pizzas (large plain is $9.99 at my local Papa John's). No way is the independent place twice as good as the pizza from Papa John's

[quote name='dtcarson']
And you usually pay for that--for 20 bucks I can get 2 large PJ's pizzas with lots of toppings, cheesesticks, and chicken tenders. That's at least three meals for my family. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, but there's a quality-of-food to be considered here too. When I eat the pizza from the place down the street, its fresh dough, fresh hand-made sauce, fresh cheese, toppings and so on. Its not a salad, but its also made with olive oil and its not something thats likely to bury me prematurely.

Now, when I order from Pizza Hut, I get this greasy fried-thing whos dough by itself tastes salty (due to all the preservitaves), a sauce that god only knows what its made out of (also unbelievably salty), and cheeze that is like plastic. After eating it my heart races from the amount of salt and fat I've just scarfed :)
Its got...sausage..I think...or "pork topping", whatever the fuck that is....and generally the stuff is just disgusting.

oh its tasty disgusting, but its disgusting when its all said and done. Breadsticks and chicken tenders, and we're off on an entirely different topic.

[quote name='goatindaruffness']You should say "I just gotta have one", because you should not be speaking for anyone else, I NEVER have to have Pizza Hut, EVER, it's disgusting, I'm from NYC and I NEVER eat Pizza Hut, Dominoes, Papa Johns, or anything closely reminiscent, strangely though, you're right, some people do, but I have NO clue why ...
-Goatman[/quote]

Im from NYC, now living in the suburbs and you damn fools overrate your pizza. Sure its better than papa johns, which is better than pizza hut and dominoes, but give everyone in the world a fucking break.

Sure there's quality of food. But there's also diminishing returns. I either dine-in or pick it up, so I usually get it relatively hot/fresh, so that helps.
But if I can pay X for pizza with quality of, say, 94%, I much more likely to do that than pay 2x for 97% quality.
From what I've heard, Ruth's Chris has damn good steaks. But more people probably get a steak more often from Outback or Applebee's, than they go to Ruth's Chris.
I used to go to Pizza Hut more often than I do now, but that was when I was i high school and 'date night' consisted of Pizza Hut and parking. Now I primarily go there when I want lots of food quick [lunch buffet].
And speaking of 'kill me prematurely', the "NY Pizza" place we have here [called "NY Pizza", coincidentally enough] sends me to the restroom just as fast as Pizza Hut.
Of course, one might ask the question, why the hell do you *ever* order from Pizza Hut if it's "disgusting" and will "bury you prematurely". First time is one thing, but to continue ordering it?

[quote name='Santurio']so what happened to the horror stories?? I wanted to hear more.[/quote]

this one time, ... at band camp.... i stuck a pizza up my....

[quote name='help1']Im from NYC, now living in the suburbs and you damn fools overrate your pizza. Sure its better than papa johns, which is better than pizza hut and dominoes, but give everyone in the world a fucking break.[/quote]

I agree. Seems that all these pizza chains want to re-invent the pizza. All these gimmicks.....stuffed crust?......cooking the pizza on a conveyor belt?......Hawaiian pizza?....Southwest Pizza?....every edible variation you can think of thrown on it and calling it pizza?.....WTF?...what ever happened to real pizza ?...made with olive oil in the crust... in a traditional brick oven and stone.....having to manually tend it....and using real authentic ingedients?

All the pizzas made by the big chains are shit... IMO.....they force the little pizza joints, who make real pizza out of business to where you can't find a good pizza anymore.

:bomb:

[quote name='Kendro']I cannot understand the phenomena that is pineapples on pizza. NASTY!

That's almost as weird as those people who put honey on McDonalds hash browns when I visited family in TX.[/QUOTE]

I used to think the same way most of my life -- put something sweet on something salty??? But then I had an amazing pineapple pizza from a hole-in-the-wall and I changed my tune. Now I've realized that it just has to be done right. At this point, I have no qualms about trying sweet/salty combinations. I mix up my chicken and waffles from Roscoe's and they taste great, and I'm about to try a jam-burger place next week!

[quote name='rapsodist']I used to think the same way most of my life -- put something sweet on something salty??? But then I had an amazing pineapple pizza from a hole-in-the-wall and I changed my tune. Now I've realized that it just has to be done right. At this point, I have no qualms about trying sweet/salty combinations. I mix up my chicken and waffles from Roscoe's and they taste great, and I'm about to try a jam-burger place next week![/quote]
true. you take a pizza made on an assembly line by a bunch of minimum wage kids who dont care about their jobs and add some canned pinapples which have been sitting out for an hour and it doesnt taste very good.

some1 makes a pizza by hand w/ the right ingrediants & adds fresh pineapple cut from an actual pinapple thats crisp. it can be very good :D

All this talk about pizza is making my hungry! Papa can go screw..they don't offer online orders at my local one. But over here at a ma & pop pizza place we have wacky wednesdays, and you get a large cheese for 4.99 and 1 topping for 5.25 . the good thing is, its not frozen and no jissm or asshair :D oh yea..pineapples are delish!

[quote name='rapsodist']I used to think the same way most of my life -- put something sweet on something salty??? But then I had an amazing pineapple pizza from a hole-in-the-wall and I changed my tune. Now I've realized that it just has to be done right. At this point, I have no qualms about trying sweet/salty combinations. I mix up my chicken and waffles from Roscoe's and they taste great, and I'm about to try a jam-burger place next week![/quote]

Try salt on watermelons its the best! :D

[quote name='assassinX']Try salt on watermelons its the best! :D[/QUOTE]

I think I've had a Mexican candy that was watermelon-flavored and had a salty powder on it. But I've never tried the actual fruit with salt before. I'll try that sometime and see what it does. The only time I've ever put salt on a fruit before was when I had a batch of really sour oranges and needed to soften that taste.

One thing I've still been kinda hesitant to try is the jalapeno popsicle. I don't think my mind is quite ready for that one just yet!

Ive heard a few bash NY pizza; Im not sure where those CAGers went to eat, by NY pizza, hands down is the best pizza in the world, as a whole. Granted there are restaurants with Greeks pretending to be Italian and such, where the pizza blows ass. But, again, as a whole, and on pretty much any neighborhood, you will find a pizza joint that will argurably have better pizza then the pizza in every other state. My sampling has been limited to the Eastern coast; but I have lived in Italy-- Venice, Florence and Rome. Venice pizza was good, but not NY. Florence sucked, and the Romans use a sicilian type pizza with alot of sauce and little cheese. Papa Johns, Dominos and Pizza Huts are only good in states that HAVE no mom and pops, and especially good in college dorms when your drunk.

i gotta agree. i grew up in NY. ive lived in florida, ohio, kansas, texas, california, hawaii, and WA. ive traveled to every state at least once. no pizza matches NY. northern jersey has some decent joints, but still doesnt really match true NY pizza.

of all the corporate cheapo pizza co.s i would probably say papa murphy's (not papa johns, thats completely different) is the least repulsive. followed by domino's & little ceaser. pizza hut is the absolute worst. papa johns isnt very good at all imo, but its not repulsive like pizza hut.

[quote name='propeller_head']i gotta agree. i grew up in NY. ive lived in florida, ohio, kansas, texas, california, hawaii, and WA. ive traveled to every state at least once. no pizza matches NY. northern jersey has some decent joints, but still doesnt really match true NY pizza.

of all the corporate cheapo pizza co.s i would probably say papa murphy's (not papa johns, thats completely different) is the least repulsive. followed by domino's & little ceaser. pizza hut is the absolute worst. papa johns isnt very good at all imo, but its not repulsive like pizza hut.[/quote]

Isn't Papa Murphy's like a take and bake type place, though? Because that's lame. If you sell me a pizza, you'd damn well better cook it for me.

[quote name='evilmregg']Isn't Papa Murphy's like a take and bake type place, though? Because that's lame. If you sell me a pizza, you'd damn well better cook it for me.[/quote]
some of the small ones are. some of the bigger ones have tables and they will bake it for you if you ask.

Pizza hut buffet

Pizza Hut is nasty,imo. The company that owns 4 chains; Pizza Hut, KFC, Taco Bell, and Panda Express are the worst. Seems the prices keep going up, and the portions keep getting smaller.

NY is the best place pizza, like most have said. Also, Chi town has it down as well. :p

I am suprised no one has said any thing about Sparro Pizza.

Amen on the local mom and pop's. I have two near my campus and its always hard to pick which one to go to for pizza and calzones. Then I have a mellow mushroom near my apartment so... =)

If you're paying with a credit card on PJ's website, remember that the drivers can see how much you tipped. If it says tip $0.00, don't expect anyone to rush your food out.
Also you should know that a delivery charge does not go to the driver - not one cent of it does. That's Papa John's cheap ass way of screwing customers and employees.

[quote name='iowaholdem']If you're paying with a credit card on PJ's website, remember that the drivers can see how much you tipped. If it says tip $0.00, don't expect anyone to rush your food out.
Also you should know that a delivery charge does not go to the driver - not one cent of it does. That's Papa John's cheap ass way of screwing customers and employees.[/QUOTE]

That's not true, alot of drivers know that most people tip in cash.

i'm actually going to NYC this may for a field trip type thing...and i wanna try some pizza there...any suggestions for places or types of pizzas i should try? i always hear people rave about NY pizza, but how much more different can it get?

[quote name='swetooth9']i'm actually going to NYC this may for a field trip type thing...and i wanna try some pizza there...any suggestions for places or types of pizzas i should try? i always hear people rave about NY pizza, but how much more different can it get?[/quote]
ehhhhhhhy

little italy is where you go ;)

try Lombardi's 32 Spring St. NY, NY

or if youre near Times Square:cool:, Joe's is just a couple blocks away
@ 7 Carmine St. NY, NY

[quote name='propeller_head']ehhhhhhhy

little italy is where you go ;)

try Lombardi's 32 Spring St. NY, NY

or if youre near Times Square:cool:, Joe's is just a couple blocks away
@ 7 Carmine St. NY, NY[/quote]

cool, thanks

bread's done