Paper Mario Sticker Star $30 at Best Buy

It's a really good game, I've been playing it when I've had a few minutes through the day. The attention to detail floors me. i.e.. you get a shinny sticker and the shinny sticker is animated to your movement of the 3DS.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']It's a really good game, I've been playing it when I've had a few minutes through the day. The attention to detail floors me. i.e.. you get a shinny sticker and the shinny sticker is animated to your movement of the 3DS.[/QUOTE]

It's a good game. One of my favorite on the 3DS so far and I absolutely hate turn based games. I wish more of the enemies could be fought without having to entering the turn based arena but whatever.

This game has some of the best uses of 3D yet on the 3DS and it can be absolutely beautiful at times.

I'm having a hard time deciding if the game was toooo long. Some levels and quests if you will were drawn out. Others they didn't do a good job explaining what exactly it was you needed to do. I think many young kids would have a hard time completing the game.

Do you think playing the game would be worth my time considering its flaws? I absolutely hate inventory management in games and frustrating puzzles so these things are making me hesitant about the game. Plus, since I'm in university I don't have that much free time so I'm not sure if the game is worth playing.

I loved TTYD to death and was a little disappointed when I heard all the sub-par review of this game. Regardless I went out and bought it. Saving up stickers is annoying and most enemy encounter are meaningless. But I do enjoy this game..... STAY PERKY

[quote name='Princess Zelda']It's a really good game, I've been playing it when I've had a few minutes through the day. The attention to detail floors me. i.e.. you get a shinny sticker and the shinny sticker is animated to your movement of the 3DS.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and the UI Hud in battle will shake if you get a bump while on the bus ride :)

Too bad there's no story or a leveling system, crucial aspects of an RPG. I think its time Miyamoto stepped down and stopped meddling in everything.

Intelligent Systems makes the Paper Mario games; Miyamoto probably had very little to do with Sticker Star.

[quote name='CoachHines']I think its time Miyamoto stepped down and stopped meddling in everything.[/QUOTE]

Deal dead guys. Was gonna ask my gf to buy this for Xmas, but won't anymore since it's no longer 29.99. Link shows 39.99 now.

I heard its $20 at Shoppers if you can find a copy, my local store didn't have it. I did manage to pick up Ocarina of Time 3D and Mario Tennis 3DS for $20 each though.

Interesting! I haven't had the time to try the game out myself, but from what I read about it it's not really an RPG design so I can understand them not wanting to go with an RPG-type story. One of these days I'll get around to playing it and be able to form an actual opinion. :)

[quote name='CoachHines']Miyamoto specifically said he didn't want a story in Sticker Star, one of the developers mentioned it in Iwata Asks.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/12/mi...mario-sticker-star-people-to-ditch-the-story/[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back