Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS) $29.99 at Amazon

Used prices are crazy cheap. $20 + shipping. Picked it up at Gamestop for $35 a month ago =/. If anyone is wondering if this is like the other Paper Mario games, it isn't. I was fooled by the apparent charm that comes with the franchise.

Great price, just remember guys and gals if your expecting a Paper Mario where you need to grind you wont find it here. Still a fun game if you are open to new things!

I hated this game.. It sickens me that they called it paper mario. If they would have called it something else maybe it would have been ok, but it totally ruined the paper Mario brand

i want to get this but with fire emblem im good for now. Have a feeling this will be cheaper with gamefly.

Yeah, this is Nintendo trying to fix something that isn't broke. I personally enjoyed it for the time I spent playing, but I'm in limbo currently(haven't played in months). The sticker concept was cool, but the randomness of what stickers you need to defeat bosses is just kind of of broke. I would like to see them make another one and flesh out the ideas a little better.

I would say it's to Paper Mario, what Starfox command is to the snes/n64 games. Some cool new ideas, but I would have just preferred a more straightforward game that follows the meat and potatoes of what the series is all about. But in Nintendo's defense, people would have complained in that situation to, saying "this is the same old game, with no new innovations".

Nintendo used to be masters at adding enough "new", but still keeping games familiar and appealing to long time fans of the series, but lately they seem to be getting lazy IMO.

I really hope Luigi's Mansion 2 doesn't suffer this same fate. The original was awesome, and the only thing I personally would like to see is a refinement of the games mechanics and more of what was in the first. I know it's going from a console, to a handheld, so this is always going to be a fine line to walk, and I believe this is why Paper Mario was so different. They tried to make a game that appealed to fans, as well as make it playable in a quick sit down handheld fashion.

I would rate it a solid "B" for where I'm at in the game, so that rating could go up or down after I finish it, and for 30 I think it's a good buy. Just go in with an opened mind and you should be fine.

Classic example of an early post shitting on a game, and everybody else following suit to be cool. There is nothing wrong with this game. Just because its not Paper Mario 64 doesn't mean it's a pile of crap.

I enjoyed this game a lot actually. Don't think it'll be any cheaper than this considering it is a Mario game and one of the lengthier ones to boot.

This game is going to keep dropping in price because it's an awful, awful game. I bought the game, played a few hours, and sold it. If you're on the fence about the game, please don't buy it. It's so bad that it makes me angry just thinking about it.

I have buyers remorse for this. Do not buy this and expect an RPG. It's regular mario, with an RPG-like battle system.

It's a fun little game, especially in short bursts - good for a handheld. It is pretty clever and fun, but as other said, do not expect it to be like the old RPG Paper Marios (Gamecube/N64 in particular) or Mario & Luigi games.

If you want a Paper Mario RPG, grab the original for N64 on the Wii Shop for 200 Club Nintendo points (great deal!).

If you want something new and have played the earlier ones to death, Nintendo Direct this morning announced a new Mario & Luigi game for this summer for 3DS. That should do nicely. Let's hope Fawful returns!

this game was decent. the sticker thing was kind of forced and the puzzles were lame. i also grew tired of the combat about 5 hours in. but it was a pretty neat idea and the 3d was amazing. i would say it's worth $15-$20 for the Nintendo faithful.

[quote name='edh1017']This game is going to keep dropping in price because it's an awful, awful game.[/QUOTE]

It's also a Mario game, and those tend to hold their price. Even the ridiculous DDR Mario Mix didn't drop until GameStop started doing their GameCube clearance.

[quote name='edh1017']This game is going to keep dropping in price because it's an awful, awful game. I bought the game, played a few hours, and sold it. If you're on the fence about the game, please don't buy it. It's so bad that it makes me angry just thinking about it.[/QUOTE]

I don't get the hate for this game. I'm almost done with the 3rd world and I'm still having a great time with it. Different people have different tastes. If you want a fun Mario romp on a handheld, then this is worth a try. If you want Mario Fantasy VII, now with more grinding and 'hardcore' RPG features, then it probably isn't for you.

[quote name='yourlefthand']I don't get the hate for this game. I'm almost done with the 3rd world and I'm still having a great time with it. Different people have different tastes. If you want a fun Mario romp on a handheld, then this is worth a try. If you want Mario Fantasy VII, now with more grinding and 'hardcore' RPG features, then it probably isn't for you.[/QUOTE]

I think my problem is that after a few battles, there is no reason to battle anymore. I have so many coins it's ridiculous. It's really shallow, and that disappointed me.

Man the original paper Mario on n64 really good. This one, I dont know it was okay, but I would rather have a remake with extras or a sequel similar to the N64 or GameCube one on the 3DS instead of this one.

[quote name='FiendCameron']I think my problem is that after a few battles, there is no reason to battle anymore. I have so many coins it's ridiculous. It's really shallow, and that disappointed me.[/QUOTE]

How far did you get into the game? There are things to spend those coins on...

[quote name='yourlefthand']I don't get the hate for this game. I'm almost done with the 3rd world and I'm still having a great time with it. Different people have different tastes. If you want a fun Mario romp on a handheld, then this is worth a try. If you want Mario Fantasy VII, now with more grinding and 'hardcore' RPG features, then it probably isn't for you.[/QUOTE]

I think the hate is because it is not what people wanted. It is a terrible sequel to Paper Mario. But, it is a decent portable game on its own merits. Miyamoto doesn't always have the golden touch, sometimes his interaction does make things worse. During development he notably told them that the story was irrelevant to the game, so don't focus on it. He had a different vision of where the series should go, which they started with the Wii Super Paper Mario. People saw the screenshots and assumed they were going back to the original game style - and they may have have been doing that. Remember the game was pushed back a bit, probably because Miyamoto wanted to push the action side of it over the RPG side.

[quote name='rawer']Currently on sale for $19.99 at Bestbuy.com. Professor Layton & Kid Icarus are on sale for $14.99.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up dude.

Once again I bought 3DS games too early. I think I'll wait for Fire Emblem to reach $15 or $20.

I told you guys it was going to keep dropping. Fire Emblem won't drop like this because it's a good game.

To be honest, none of the games in the Paper Mario series are consistent, at least around the battle system. I mean, remember Super Paper Mario?

[quote name='edh1017']I told you guys it was going to keep dropping. Fire Emblem won't drop like this because it's a good game.[/QUOTE]

Sticker Star isn't a "Bad game". Some of the battle sequences are annoying and get in the way of trying to explore to find the stickers but it is one of the better looking games on the 3DS and a good change from the Mario 3DS Land and NSMB2 formats.

Amazon has matched Best Buy. $20. Nintendo has steadily continued to break Paper Mario, but for $20, it is what it is, and it is good. (It just isn't the Paper Mario RPG I'd hoped for!)

I was hoping for a $20 eShop version, but hey.

Heh. I really do not like this game. :p

sig.jpg

[quote name='Anxev']Heh. I really do not like this game. :p

sig.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I feel partly the same I felt it was entertaining and fun but really really needed an experience point system

bread's done
Back