PARANORMAL ACTIVITY - Get the word out!

I would like to see this in the theater. I saw The Blair Witch Project opening weekend in a large packed theater and it scared the shit out of each and everyone of us in the theater. If you turn off your brain and watch these sort of flicks in a crowded theater they are scary as hell.

I guess I'm not worried about any wide release. I've got so many movies to watch already. I got 7 zombie/Halloween/slasher flicks off Amazon in the past month or so, with a bunch in my Netflix streaming queue.

I figure by next Halloween this will be on Blu-Ray and I can chalk one off when gathering up movies to watch.

Going back a few posts, I must admit I'm a sucker for the Saw movies, even if they are on a rapid decline until Carey Elwes hopefully gets over his sour grapes and comes back.

[quote name='naiku']tbh the original trailer made the film look like a complete joke. well just not good. So I was pretty shocked to see such positive reviews. dreadcentral gave it a 4.5/5, bloodydisgusting 4/5 Which is why im still slightly interested in Paranomral Activity. Just hope its not a let down.[/QUOTE]
Thanks you for the post.

[quote name='Josef']So this was the #20 top grossing movie last week even though it was only on 33 screens? If that doesn't scream wide release around Halloween I don't know what would. The demand appears to be there and they can easily make their money back on the movie (if they haven't already).[/QUOTE]

Im pretty sure the movie only cost around $15k to make and going by boxoffice.com, the movie has passed $1mil gross. Im not sure how many films can turn a $15k project into such a huge hit.

Btw I am going to see this tomorrow since they just opened it up in 7 more theaters in Illinois.

Last I read it was over 600,000 in a few theaters and only shown at midnight. As for how much it cost I'm not sure but for only in a few theaters and only shown at midnight 600,000 is really good.

Just got back from seeing it, and it was dam good, better than I thought it would be and I went in with high expectations. I really don't want to say anything and give it away, but if your city has this playing, you need to go see this.

Ok. Just got an email from Paramount which says the following:

OVER ONE MILLION FANS DEMAND PARANORMAL ACTIVITY

Hit Film Gets Nationwide Expansion After Unprecedented Demand

HOLLYWOOD, CA (October 9, 2009) - Following 2-weeks of nationwide midnight only sellouts and fan frenzy over the limited release hit thriller PARANORMAL ACTIVITY, moviegoers everywhere have been heard!

Over 1,000,000 people from around the country demanded the film play in their city by logging on to ParanormalMovie.com. In response, Paramount Pictures will release the film nationwide beginning Friday, October 16th.
Tickets for the movie will be on sale via ParanormalMovie.com by 5pm PST on Tuesday, October 13th. Those who have 'demanded it' will get the first alert when tickets go on sale.

"From the very beginning, we put this film in the hands of the fans and we trusted them to tell us where and when it should be seen. We couldn't be more thrilled by their overwhelming support and we are happy to release the film in every town - big and small," said Rob Moore, Vice Chairman of Paramount Pictures.

In related news, the film made it to the #5 spot this weekend at $2 million in just 159 theaters: http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/articl...lion-but-look-at-paranormal-activitys-numbers

That's kinda cool. They challenge the fans and actually deliver when the fans come through.

Saw VI just lost a mountain of box office cash.

I wanna see this movie so fucking bad. I remember on Attack of the Show on G4, Chris Gore saw it at the SXSW Film Festival and said it is "One of the scariest movies of all time."

[quote name='Blinkster']Just got back from seeing it, and it was dam good, better than I thought it would be and I went in with high expectations. I really don't want to say anything and give it away, but if your city has this playing, you need to go see this.[/QUOTE]

Same. Literally, word for word what I word say. After all the sorta-not-hype I've heard about this movie the last 2 days (it just openned here), I went in expecting a lot. And I really can't say anything about the movie because if you say anything, it really will ruin the dynamic of how it's presented. But yeah, everyone go watch this. With friends (especially if there's that one guy who will crack a joke at when the time is right). And definitely in theaters, because the crowd really adds something to the movie. (That means you, Crunchb3rry, don't wait for the bludvd release!)

I saw it last night, easily the scariest movie I have ever seen. I went there, expecting way too much, at least I thought I expected too much when I walked in. I can honestly say I still wont sleep with all the lights out yet. :p So worth the watch, just an amazing film.

Just saw it. To anyone that says it should be watched with a crowded theater is a retard. People don't shut the fuck up. I guess if it's a room full of people whom just want to watch it it could be fun..but if the teens and the ghettos are out, forget about it.

It was pretty good. I wouldn't say it was OMGGGGZ SCARY. It was DEF really creepy, just not that scary.

Very good flick to watch with your girlfriend. The ending is very weak though. Very, very weak and requires some lapses of judgment from the main characters that weren't very believable for the audience.

The last third of the film should have moved on from the house and would have been more interesting watching the entity follow after the couple rather than what actually did happen. Instead it's clear they couldn't afford the budget to do such a thing and so we got the ending we see now. An ending which basically went Hollywood.

fuck I love horror movies. I need to make time to see this even though I got work and the CPA exam. Saw on wiki it's only 88 minutes long, so maybe I'll see it next weekend.

Saw it last night....place was jam fuckin' packed.

Scariest movie ever? No.

Scary as shit? Yes.

Go see it, it's actually a good movie in general.

Their's two other endings that they had before they switched it to the one shown in theatres.....

[quote name='Dead of Knight']fuck I love horror movies. I need to make time to see this even though I got work and the CPA exam. Saw on wiki it's only 88 minutes long, so maybe I'll see it next weekend.[/QUOTE]

Wiki is wrong. It's 99 minutes.

[quote name='rickshankshaw']Wiki is wrong. It's 99 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Well shit, 11 minutes? fuck it then. ;)

Seriously though, I'm so cheap I might just wait to redbox it.

Checked this out last night with the gf and her friends. A lot of WTF moments. In the opening scene when the camera was moving around I was like oh shit not the cloverfield cam again...but I guess film makers have learn their lesson. Don't move the camera too much. We were actually teasing my gf since her name is Katie too. After the movie I was saying damn she must be Italian and that must be one horny ghost, because ..just damn..that chick was wearing some fine clothes :p

Anyways interesting no credits. Even if 5 people worked on it, you gotta give them credit for it.

Overall a good short film. But Quarantine was more scarier.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Checked this out last night with the gf and her friends. A lot of WTF moments. In the opening scene when the camera was moving around I was like oh shit not the cloverfield cam again...but I guess film makers have learn their lesson. Don't move the camera too much. We were actually teasing my gf since her name is Katie too. After the movie I was saying damn she must be Italian and that must be one horny ghost, because ..just damn..that chick was wearing some fine clothes :p

Anyways interesting no credits. Even if 5 people worked on it, you gotta give them credit for it.

Overall a good short film. But Quarantine was more scarier.[/QUOTE]

Saw it yesterday, pretty scary. Not the scariest movie ever (IDK if any movie is that scary actually) but this one had me going at parts.

Points of contention:

Got kinda tired of the boyfriend playing the "tough guy, no one messes with my girl" act at parts. Also, there is no fucking way actual people would keep staying there after some of the shit that happened. In real life, after like the 2nd or 3rd night of crazy shit happening, people would've been "F UCK DIS SHIT" and left. But, I digress, those are small issues I had with the movie

Also, I personally thought Quarantine was ballz.

I got it from Netflix caz my roommates told me how scary it was. So I watched it in my room alone with the lights off. I came out and they were sitting on the couch and I went "That was terrible."

I've also never seen REC, so I'm not one of those people who are "Ohh, REC was MUCH better."

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I've also never seen REC, so I'm not one of those people who are "Ohh, REC was MUCH better."[/QUOTE]

Those people would be right.

saw it over the weekend, thought it was decent, ending was dumb, but I feel that most movies fall apart in the end. They made two other endings besides the original, guess they will prob come out on dvd.

Also
when she went outside that one time shouldnt the alarm go off

Yea I was like ok...what's the boyfriend gonna do to a ghost? Then I was looking at the foot prints and I was like hmmm bird like claws... or perhaps its an alien with a cloaking suit! :O

I too was like JUST GET THE fuck OUT OF THE HOUSE OR JUST DUMP THE BITCH AND RUN YOU fuck TARD!!!

I would have ran ... the ghost isn't after me..it's after her so fuck this shit and run!

But then he got marked since the ghost/alien cut up his picture.

JUST fuckEN RUN!!!

btw... did anyone have any tweens in there showing just freaking/screaming/panicking every few minutes?

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Saw it yesterday, pretty scary. Not the scariest movie ever (IDK if any movie is that scary actually) but this one had me going at parts.

Points of contention:

Got kinda tired of the boyfriend playing the "tough guy, no one messes with my girl" act at parts. Also, there is no fucking way actual people would keep staying there after some of the shit that happened. In real life, after like the 2nd or 3rd night of crazy shit happening, people would've been "F UCK DIS SHIT" and left. But, I digress, those are small issues I had with the movie

Also, I personally thought Quarantine was ballz.

I got it from Netflix caz my roommates told me how scary it was. So I watched it in my room alone with the lights off. I came out and they were sitting on the couch and I went "That was terrible."

I've also never seen REC, so I'm not one of those people who are "Ohh, REC was MUCH better."[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ITDEFX']Yea I was like ok...what's the boyfriend gonna do to a ghost? Then I was looking at the foot prints and I was like hmmm bird like claws... or perhaps its an alien with a cloaking suit! :O

I too was like JUST GET THE fuck OUT OF THE HOUSE OR JUST DUMP THE BITCH AND RUN YOU fuck TARD!!!

I would have ran ... the ghost isn't after me..it's after her so fuck this shit and run!

But then he got marked since the ghost/alien cut up his picture.

JUST fuckEN RUN!!!

btw... did anyone have any tweens in there showing just freaking/screaming/panicking every few minutes?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it made the possession connection. I think he thought that it was just trying to be an asshole.

i just saw the trailer for this, and i seriously can't stop laughing, this shit looks hilarious LOL. but then again i always think "scary" movies look stupid as shit, but this one seems like true comedy gold. the audience makes it so much better lol

"One of the scariest movies of all time."

Whoever said that must hardly ever watch any horror movies or is simply a pussy. This movie isn't scary AT ALL. Unless you're scared of shadows and loud noises, there's nothing scary about this movie. I was expecting more but I should've known better.

[quote name='CAG 79']Whoever said that must hardly ever watch any horror movies or is simply a pussy. This movie isn't scary AT ALL. Unless you're scared of shadows and loud noises, there's nothing scary about this movie. I was expecting more but I should've known better.[/QUOTE]

Edit because this movie sucked.

Honestly the only things that have ever scared me were Childs Play and Tales from the Crypt. Of course this was only the case because I was about 7 years old and I had two older brothers that enjoyed torturing me with creepy sounds in our 10,000 sq house at night.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my best friends who I watched tons of horror movies with when we were kids said it was the scariest movie he's ever seen, so I went in with big expectations.

But I have to say that it was such a disappointment. All it was was an hour and a half of shadows and weird noises. There were a couple of decent moments where I thought it was really going to pick up steam, but it just never pulled it off, in my opinion. I was really hoping to like it.

I loved it. Scared the shit out of me. Previously, my scariest movie was The Ring, if that gives any perspective as to what kind of scary it is.

Ouch. I'm not sure what to do. No matter where I decide to go to see it, it'll be at least an hour drive. A friend of mine saw it and he said it was pretty boring, too.

I thought Blair Witch was pretty boring, so maybe I should sit this one out?

the only scary thing about this film is the lack of nude scenes with that hott piece of tang. i could see why a ghost would want to get on that she had a set jab jubs worth crossing over for. aside from that the movie was tame maybe because ive been desensitized by years of horror flicks but the film is a joke. unless you grew up in a haunted house or currently live in one then it could creep you out.

It would be better if it was based on a true story and even though the movie may lead you to believe it is it's not.

Movie was enjoyable but i absolutely didn't consider it the scariest movie of all time as many say it to be.

it certainly wasnt scary. my wife and i try to watch a lot of scary movie and we both laughed for most of the film. it wasnt bad, i enjoyed it. but not even in the top 50 scariest movies. some creepy scenes but thats about it.
the trailer literally had all but the second to last, "scary" scenes in it. very predictable.

not something you just have to go see.
im sorta bummed that we ended up picking this over antichrist.

I'm not saying this to be a tough guy but it wasn't scary at all. I think people are just over thinking it too much. I was more scared playing Fatal Frame or Silent Hill than I was watching this movie.

If anyone happens to acquire the other version that's floating around, the ending is NOT the same as in theatres.

[quote name='JJSP']If anyone happens to acquire the other version that's floating around, the ending is NOT the same as in theatres.[/QUOTE]

both suck ether way

bread's done
Back