Parasite Eve 3rd Birthday available for pre-order

I must say, it looks great, but I think I need more details before i can order it. I'm tempted though, so I may change my mind :D

[quote name='xsouthparkx']Yep, I don't know what this game is but it looks kick ass. Pre ordered lol[/QUOTE]

Never played any of the Parasite Eve games on PS1?

Glad to hear it. I know its a radical departure from previous games, but thats not necessarily a bad thing. Final Fantasy Tactics was a massive change from traditional Final Fantasy games and it was a HUGE hit.

I'm probably one of the few people who enjoyed the battle system in Parasite Eve 2 though.

[quote name='Scorch']Never played any of the Parasite Eve games on PS1?[/QUOTE]
No, but I have recently looked them over and am interested in the psp version coming soon. Especially with that video posted somewhere above me.

i've been excited about this since game informer ran an article about it back in 2009. was a big fan of the ps1 games. wish they would re-release them on psn.

[quote name='Derextreme']i've been excited about this since game informer ran an article about it back in 2009. was a big fan of the ps1 games. wish they would re-release them on psn.[/QUOTE]

They are releasing them on PSN in Japan so hopefully it is only a matter of time in NA.

What/Where is the European limited edition? It's not on Amazon UK. It would go perfectly with my PE collection (Which, as of now, is PE1, PE2, the soundtracks to both, PE1 jp, PE2 jp Millenium Edition, the japanese strategy guides and artbooks (thanks dv8mad!), some E3 promo Japanese keychains and the old trailer tape they used to run in EBGames.. which is literally a VHS tape that was sent from Squaresoft with the game's trailer on it).

[quote name='Scorch']What/Where is the European limited edition? It's not on Amazon UK. It would go perfectly with my PE collection (Which, as of now, is PE1, PE2, the soundtracks to both, PE1 jp, PE2 jp Millenium Edition, the japanese strategy guides and artbooks (thanks dv8mad!), some E3 promo Japanese keychains and the old trailer tape they used to run in EBGames.. which is literally a VHS tape that was sent from Squaresoft with the game's trailer on it).[/QUOTE]

It was prematurely leaked on Amazon.de

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/12/2...actics-ogre-european-limited-editions-leaked/

So only a matter of time before it is official. I will be importing all 3 (3rd Birthday, Tactics Ogre, and Dissidia 012.)

[quote name='whoknows']I want to play it on my Go. Anywhere I can pre-order a digital copy?[/QUOTE]

Hmm..never thought about preordering a digital copy before. I do not see a need to do so, but now that I am thinking of it, I am surprised that Sony, MS, etc do not do this already. I would think they would love an opportunity to lock in a sale before someone changes their mind.

[quote name='yohsh']Are they gonna have it on psn?[/QUOTE]

I'm willing to bet "no". Square-Enix doesn't seem to like digital download for new titles. Or so was the case with Kingdom Hearts. But the likes of Dissidia and Crisis Core are on PSN... so really, who's to say? Maybe some magic rule with Final Fantasy? Then again, S-E has a magic rule for FF period.

[quote name='Buuhan1']I'm willing to bet "no". Square-Enix doesn't seem to like digital download for new titles. Or so was the case with Kingdom Hearts. But the likes of Dissidia and Crisis Core are on PSN... so really, who's to say? Maybe some magic rule with Final Fantasy? Then again, S-E has a magic rule for FF period.[/QUOTE]

They already confirmed it would have a PSN release. However the PSN release won't include th DLC for Dissidia 2.

[quote name='Buuhan1']I'm willing to bet "no". Square-Enix doesn't seem to like digital download for new titles. Or so was the case with Kingdom Hearts. But the likes of Dissidia and Crisis Core are on PSN... so really, who's to say? Maybe some magic rule with Final Fantasy? Then again, S-E has a magic rule for FF period.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I don't believe Crisis Core is on the PSN. I wish it was, but I guess my UMD copy will have to suffice.

Dissidia is, as are several PSOne titles. There are a handful of JP only titles they have available in the Japan store. It looks like Tactics Ogre and 3rd Birthday will be receiving a PSN release in the major regions. Why they pick and choose what to release though, and how that is determined, is beyond me.

Yay! A UMD release and not one of those crappy digital distribution only titles for PSP. I might have to pull out my ol' PSP (which I haven't used in probably 2 years and don't know if the battery will work, etc). I hate the PSN for the PSP.

Anyway, I loved the first two on PS1, and never understood why they never continued the series on PS2. Hopefully they just do their job and port this to PS2/PS3/Xbox 360 anyhow.

[quote name='Yanksfan']Actually, I don't believe Crisis Core is on the PSN. I wish it was, but I guess my UMD copy will have to suffice.

Dissidia is, as are several PSOne titles. There are a handful of JP only titles they have available in the Japan store. It looks like Tactics Ogre and 3rd Birthday will be receiving a PSN release in the major regions. Why they pick and choose what to release though, and how that is determined, is beyond me.[/QUOTE]

Not sure why Crisis Core isn't on PSN but I think Disney has something to do with KH not being on PSN. It's not on PSN in ANY region.

Also Yvonne Strahovski from Chuck/Mass Effect 2 is the English voice of Aya and Jensen Ackles from Supernatural/Smallville Season 4 is the English voice for Kyle (the leading man from PE 2 back in this game.)

Well, I'm excited. Not sure if the LE would be worth it, I'm honestly waiting for the real U.S. box art to be revealed, because on retailer websites it's just a logo. Then I'll decide if I should import from EU or not.

Are the costumes DLC or unlockable?
I want:
the-3rd-birhday-ayas-lightning-costume-20101001095006685-000.jpg

Oh and EU Twisted Edition:
3rd-birthday-twisted-eeu6s.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Price is now $29.99 on Amazon.com and Gamestop.com .. weird for Square Enix.. wonder if this will launch at $30 or if it's just a temporary thing and will go back up as the game nears release..

[quote name='Scorch']Price is now $29.99 on Amazon.com and Gamestop.com .. weird for Square Enix.. wonder if this will launch at $30 or if it's just a temporary thing and will go back up as the game nears release..[/QUOTE]

Price has been $29.99 since it was available for pre-order

I thought I read that the originals were coming to PSN... I never played them, should I get the PS1 titles used?

[quote name='jh6269']I thought I read that the originals were coming to PSN... I never played them, should I get the PS1 titles used?[/QUOTE]

I hope that's the case, but I haven't been able to find anything indicating the PE 1 or 2 would be coming to PSN. Do you recall where you might have read that?

I'd rather get it on PSN than hassle with trying to track down used copies.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']I hope that's the case, but I haven't been able to find anything indicating the PE 1 or 2 would be coming to PSN. Do you recall where you might have read that?

I'd rather get it on PSN than hassle with trying to track down used copies.[/QUOTE]

I'll try to track it down. I listen to a ton of gaming podcasts, so it may have been on one of them.

EDIT: Ok, now I remember. I read it on Destructoid, but I'm sure I saw a gametrailers interview or heard something in a podcast about it. I now recall that the developer/designer was trying to get the first games on PSN in time for the 3rd Birthday. Sorry to get your hopes up, but I had thought that it was a done deal.

I too would rather pay $5 - $10 for a PSN copy than $30-$40 for a used copy on Amazon... By the way, how scary are these games? I'm a complete wuss when it comes to grotesque resident evil and zombie crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to get the Twisted edition from Amazon.co.uk, but they won't let me! Cur, Dea! Cur!

Does anyone know anyway around them or a place with a similar price? 18 euro is hard to beat!

I'd settle for a pre-order bonus, especially if it's as nice as Tactics Ogres. Not really a fan of Square's PSP LEs -- they never hold anything special.

I have a friend in the UK, so he could get me the LE. Just to clarify, UMDs are region-free, yes?

[quote name='Buuhan1']I have a friend in the UK, so he could get me the LE. Just to clarify, UMDs are region-free, yes?[/QUOTE]

I believe the PSP is region locked.

So, did anyone elses motivation for this game kinda die out? Don't get me wrong, I still wanna play it, but as someone who's not crazy about the PSP and hearing that if they had the time the developers would have made it a PS3 game, I just kinda got hung up on what could've been. I'm a console gamer not a handheld gamer, afterall.

I'm a huge supporter of physical media... but I don't think I'm gonna get the UMD for this, or any future PSP games set for PSN, not since discovering the joys of gamesharing.

does anyone know what the language set up is like on EU PSP releases? i'm in italy for the semester and was thinking of picking up some of the LEs Square has been putting out lately... but i'd like to play them in english :) i know DS releases usually have the option to change between eng/sp/fr/it/ger, but i'm not sure about PSP.

bread's done
Back