Parasite Eve is now available on PSN for $5.99

Not sure if want...

I've been interested in the series, but I'm no fan of survival horror. Might be best strictly playing the 3rd Birthday.

I'm fighting the urge to double-dip on a digital copy.

I remember playing through the Xenogears demo and then spending an entire weekend just lovin' me some Parasite Eve.

Kinda love how Square-Enix is destroying the collector's market prices with these digital PS1 releases.

I double dipped on Suikoden, Xenogears, Parasite Eve, FF7, FF8, FF9, Grandia, Front Mission 3, Resident Evil 1-3, etc

At those prices its hard not to. Especially as they are only charging $5.99 when they could have easily charged $9.99.

[quote name='Brian9824']1st one is not survival horror. Its a turn based RPG.[/QUOTE]

Really? Heard it was and the sequel was horror-action.

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']Kinda love how Square-Enix is destroying the collector's market prices with these digital PS1 releases.[/QUOTE]

But for guys like me who don't have $220 on an old PS1 release, it's a God-send.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']But for guys like me who don't have $220 on an old PS1 release, it's a God-send.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't being sarcastic in the least. Up to and including the PS1 I was stupidly gutting my game library at the end of each generation in order to afford the next one. (dumb broke kid + consoles used to not be backwards compatible)

I remember selling all of my PS1 games except for Star Ocean The Second Story only to eventually get a PS2 and then proceed to repurchase every game that was still available at a normal price. (I had Suikoden I and II and I'm still kicking myself)

These PSN releases are totally a God-send.:applause: (Incidentally I never sell any games ever now and never will even if I can replace them with digital copies)

[quote name='Brian9824']1st one is not survival horror. Its a turn based RPG.[/QUOTE]

ears perked.. buy decision made.. tell me more.

Yeah, I used to have the original version, but I wound up having to get rid of it before I could get very far in, so I was pretty disappointed. but now that it's on PSN, I can finally get back to playing. :D

If you call Parasite Eve survival horror, you're an idiot.

@Wolfkin:
PE is classic turn based RPG gameplay with the ability to move around while waiting for the meter to recharge so you can attack again. It's a wonderful game. I'm a bit biased since it's in my top five favorite RPG's of all time, though. I'll be picking this up next week with the PSN card I get at K-Mart with Crysis 2.

Here's some gameplay from the first hour of the first game.. fight starts around the 4 minute mark.. note how you can move around and are actually encouraged to do so against Eve's attacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4uMAuSZweE

Also, did I mention that it has possible the best soundtrack of all time? OF ALL TIME.

man, I love this series. I'm so happy I can finally retire my PS1 discs.

It doesn't look like Resident Evil survival horror, but still looks like it has survival horror elements.

[quote name='Buuhan1']It doesn't look like Resident Evil survival horror, but still looks like it has survival horror elements.[/QUOTE]

Second one is like that since its basically a Resident Evil clone.

bread's done
Back