Patapon 2 temp. price drop ($16.99) at target YMMV

It shouldn't be YMMV as Temp. Price Drops are consistent through all US Target stores.

It was also at the Fenton, MO Target. $16.99 until May 25.

Confirming this price drop...just beware, it's only a code to download from PSN, no physical disk. Sign of things to come.

People shouldn't write this game off entirely just because it's a download. It's a good game, it's a strong game, and I feel I got my money's worth. It's not hard to spend a good 20 hours on this.

I recommend people download the demo and give it a try. You can start the full game off of your demo save, with everything carrying over, so you're free to grind out anything, try out everything, all while not losing your progress.

I dont mind downloading the game but if that is the case then sell it cheaper seeing as how there is no physical game inside that alone should cut the cost down.

[quote name='Shimrra']I dont mind downloading the game but if that is the case then sell it cheaper seeing as how there is no physical game inside that alone should cut the cost down.[/QUOTE]

How much do you think this should cut down on costs? The game was just recently released at $20. Ignoring that Patapon was released at $20, most PSP games are released at either $30 or $40, so you can think of this as saving either $10 or $20 over a retail release, if you like. There is no way that the costs of printing and packaging the game are even $10, (though the retail markup may be that much), so I really don't understand why the price is the problem.

sweet, i couldn't get out to Fry's to buy this cuz it's too far from me but Target is right down the street :)

definitely pickin this up

pre-ordered it with amazon awhile ago when it was listed on there for 39.99... i believe?!? then it dropped to 19.99 and i thought that was really awesome, got the e-mail shortly after that drop informing it will be umd-less. i still kept the pre-order, just got it the other day. very fun game still, hoping for the umd release in the future. loved the first patapon and the 2nd is just as good except the collection seems incomplete w/o the umd so i might have to import one from the uk. at this price i would say it's a good buy regardless just to experience the game... i really do hope for a future psn version because the videos on psn gives u an idea of how awesome it would look on hdtv. :D

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Does anyone know if you can gameshare Patapon 2? If so, $3.40 per share is an insane deal on a great game.[/QUOTE]

you can definitely gameshare it.

[quote name='darknight88']you can definitely gameshare it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the confirmation! Now I just have to decide if I should pick it up at this price or wait around for this to hit clearance at Target... :whistle2:k

$17 isn't bad for a good $20 game. If I get time to hit up Target, I think I will be picking this up.

(I do prefer physical media, but I don't think I really have a choice on this one.)

Where's the cheapest place you can actually buy this? (Preferably in English).

It looks like game.co.uk has it for £22.94 shipped ($34.81).

Amazon and play.com don't let you ship to US. Total bullcrap.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='darknight88']you can definitely gameshare it.[/QUOTE]

Can you elaborate on this? My understanding of PSP gamesharing is limited. It was my understanding that you can only gameshare PSP games if you change your user information within the system to match the ID used to purchase the game (not a HUGE pain), but i also thought you could only share with 3 systems.

[quote name='imacgod']$17 isn't bad for a good $20 game. If I get time to hit up Target, I think I will be picking this up.

(I do prefer physical media, but I don't think I really have a choice on this one.)[/QUOTE]Indeed, and I agree. In for one [this past Wednesday]. You'll be glad too, if you're in for one (or more) as well. ;)

[quote name='_heretic']How much do you think this should cut down on costs? The game was just recently released at $20. Ignoring that Patapon was released at $20, most PSP games are released at either $30 or $40, so you can think of this as saving either $10 or $20 over a retail release, if you like. There is no way that the costs of printing and packaging the game are even $10, (though the retail markup may be that much), so I really don't understand why the price is the problem.[/QUOTE]

Well the first Patapon came out at that price as well, and that came on a physical disc. Logically the sequel should cost less than the "standard" patapon price point, but it does not. All you people who think that digital downloads will lead to cheaper game prices, get ready to be amazed in the next generation where everything costs just as much, despite having no production costs, yet never gets a price drop.

Snagged it, insanely happy with this. I haven't used my PSP this much from when I got R-Type Command from the Amazon christmas sale.

bread's done
Back