Patron gets kicked out of movie theater, goes ballistic

keithp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
So apparently there's a movie theater in Texas that has a policy of kicking people out if they text or otherwise talk or use a cellphone during a movie. One lady got thrown out and raised hell on the office's voicemail, but management had the last laugh and used it for a public service announcement-

http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_new...ovie-customers-voice-mail-backfires?GT1=43001

6804671.jpg

More theaters should do this as far as I'm concerned. :applause:

I work in a theater doing the kicking out sometimes. Its not like i enjoy doing this, but its 8.00 a ticket, and you ruin other peoples movie by being a nuisance. Its either a cell phone or someones feet sticking up.

Other people being obnoxious is one of the primary reasons I dont go to the movies very much, if at all.

That was hillarious though "I wasnt texting, I was using my phone to find my seat" a few second later "I didnt know I couldnt text in your theater, I text in all the other ones around here".

I reallyw wish there was one of these around here... the few times I do visit theaters, it's usually either the first or last showing on a weekday, so the jerks aren't normally around. I would still go to this one in heartbeat, though.

For the record, texting person- people do care that you're texting during their movie. You just haven't run into anyone angry enough to call you on it until now. I'm glad I live far enough away to not put up with you.

I've been to Alamo Draft House in Austin place is awesome. Alamo Draft House has sing a long and quote a long movies and serves food and beer. It's about time people get kicked out for being distracting during the movie.

Haha they serve beer and then expect people to be quiet. However, the theater is right. I wish we had that type of theater around here. I'd go to the movies more often. I'd even pay an extra dollar each time knowing that people wouldn't ruin the movie. fuck that stupid bitch.

I didn't even have to read anything more than the title of this thread to vote for kicking fools out. That shit is terrible. What makes it worse is that as a patron, I can't really do shit about it. If they don't want to stop, what am I supposed to do? Fight someone in the theater... Actually...

Wouldn't be the first time I got in a fist fight at the movies. The row in front of me wouldn't stop talking during Matrix 3. Bad movie, but that wasn't going to stop me from telling them where to stick it.

[quote name='Habbler']Wouldn't be the first time I got in a fist fight at the movies. The row in front of me wouldn't stop talking during Matrix 3. Bad movie, but that wasn't going to stop me from telling them where to stick it.[/QUOTE]

Was it during the smith/neo fight so you had epic music as you beat some face?

On a related note, how about people with crying babies that refuse to take them outside? That bugs the crap out of me too.

[quote name='Habbler']Wouldn't be the first time I got in a fist fight at the movies. The row in front of me wouldn't stop talking during Matrix 3. Bad movie, but that wasn't going to stop me from telling them where to stick it.[/QUOTE]

I had the same issue when I saw scott pilgrim. Bunch of kids were being loud and obnoxious, I told them to shut up. Next thing you know 5 of them are standing up doing "wa u gonna do now?" dance. I chose to leave because I dont want to be sitting in jail because I knocked a bunch of kids down the isle. I complained to the manager and they gave me a free pass to use later but they didnt even go in there and do anything.

Normally though I can make groups of 3 or less quiet down without much hassle. I start "Hey, I did pay to listen to you guys talk, wait till the movie is over" if they dont stop usually its followed up with me shouting as throaty as I can "Shut the fuck up or Ill shut you up" and when 1 guy in shouting that in a dark theater that usually does the job. The older I get though the less tolerance for rude behavior I have so I try to avoid that stuff, I dont want to get arrested for getting in a fight over some obnoxious movie goers.

Between the high prices, the annoying people, sky high concession stand prices, the floods of advertising and the fact most movies now are either remakes, sequels or just pure shit I just dont go the movies much anymore. Not when I can download a movie or buy the dvd a month after its in theaters for a lot less money and not have to drive anywhere or be annoyed by other people. I do love the movie going experince though.

[quote name='keithp']On a related note, how about people with crying babies that refuse to take them outside? That bugs the crap out of me too.[/QUOTE]

I think Alamo will kick you out for that as well. They have baby days during the week where mothers cna bring their kids and not have to leave if the babies start crying.

I like it. But I must be lucky because this stuff doesn't happen too much when I've gone to the movies. I've seen people text, but I CSM ignore that pretty easy. It's people talking that pisses me off. Just leave theatre if you NEED to take the call.

It doesn't bother me if people are quietly texting or talking about the movie quietly. It's when they're loud, taking a phone call, or rude is when it's annoying. Patron was an idiot though and should have been aware of their policies before going if she had a problem with it.

I'm sure the fine folks at spill.com podcasts will be talking about this. Should be very entertaining.

[quote name='keithp']On a related note, how about people with crying babies that refuse to take them outside? That bugs the crap out of me too.[/QUOTE]

This! Honestly, this is the biggest reason I don't go to many movies anymore. Too many parents think that since it's cheaper to buy a ticket for their kid than to get a babysitter, that it's ok to do. I'm talking rated R movies with 3 year olds. Yeah, sure, the kid doesn't understand what's happening. That doesn't mean you're a good parent. Then your kid starts crying and ruins my time too. Thanks.

This story makes me so happy. It's about time a theater took a real stand against that crap.

When I went to see Final Destination 2 way back in 03 somebody brought a crying baby to it, I kid you not. And when I went to see Sucker Punch (thankfully for the second time so I had already seen it) there was not only a crying child, but the mother was on the cell phone having a full conversation with someone, even saying "Oh I'm watching Sucker Punch right now". My friend went and told the usher outside, but of course they did nothing. I suppose that's what I get for going to a movie theater in the ghetto. Never again.

As a Manager for a movie theater, I deal with this a lot. It's either kids acting up (running up and down the aisles, acting like the theater is their personal playground), babies crying or people texting or even talking on their phones! I always kick them out, no question asked, but it can get really heated and often times it ends with a confrontation of some sorts.

The absolute worst is when we have special (FREE) sneak peak showings and no ones allowed to even bring in a cell phone. Nothing like getting bitched at by a bunch of freeloaders that can't be bothered to leave their cellphone at home (or to read the damn invitation that explicitly states NO CELL PHONES).

/rant :bomb:

[quote name='gargus']I had the same issue when I saw scott pilgrim. Bunch of kids were being loud and obnoxious, I told them to shut up. Next thing you know 5 of them are standing up doing "wa u gonna do now?" dance. I chose to leave because I dont want to be sitting in jail because I knocked a bunch of kids down the isle. I complained to the manager and they gave me a free pass to use later but they didnt even go in there and do anything.

Normally though I can make groups of 3 or less quiet down without much hassle. I start "Hey, I did pay to listen to you guys talk, wait till the movie is over" if they dont stop usually its followed up with me shouting as throaty as I can "Shut the fuck up or Ill shut you up" and when 1 guy in shouting that in a dark theater that usually does the job. The older I get though the less tolerance for rude behavior I have so I try to avoid that stuff, I dont want to get arrested for getting in a fight over some obnoxious movie goers.

Between the high prices, the annoying people, sky high concession stand prices, the floods of advertising and the fact most movies now are either remakes, sequels or just pure shit I just dont go the movies much anymore. Not when I can download a movie or buy the dvd a month after its in theaters for a lot less money and not have to drive anywhere or be annoyed by other people. I do love the movie going experince though.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. I haven't gone to the movies in a while; but when I happen to go, I usually go for a matinee, a lot less people, makes it a lot more enjoyable.

This is why I only rent from Redbox. That way I don't have to put up with ANY of this annoying shit, from the rude patrons to the high snack prices.:booty:

Guys, I really don't understand how texting ruins the movie for others. I understand how talking on the phone would, but what is the big deal with texting?

I agree with Chakan. It's horrible to get your eyes adjusted, you're pulled into the movie, and BAM!

DON'T GO INTO THE fuck'ING LIGHT!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']This is why I only rent from Redbox. That way I don't have to put up with ANY of this annoying shit, from the rude patrons to the high snack prices.:booty:[/QUOTE]
This, except we use Netflix too. If I absolutely have to see a movie in the theater, I go to the earliest showing available. It usually guarantees few people and even fewer teeny-boppers.

[quote name='wwe101']Guys, I really don't understand how texting ruins the movie for others. I understand how talking on the phone would, but what is the big deal with texting?[/QUOTE]
So the lights go down, you're in the middle of the movie and some a-hole pulls out their cell to text in your row. The screen is going to be so bright, you won't be able to NOT notice it. It's a distraction; plain and simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess the bright light is a bit distracting but honestly, it hasn't really bugged me the times when I've seen it. However, the talking on the phone and crying child with inconsiderate parents is definitely not as tolerable on my end.

I notice that a lot of food places have policies about such things as well where you're not allowed to talk on the phone while ordering food.

Whenever im waiting for a movie to start, if i notice a large group of tween kids walk in, i just go straight & get my $ back. Too many times ive been watching movies and had to hear a second audio track.

[quote name='wwe101']Guys, I really don't understand how texting ruins the movie for others. I understand how talking on the phone would, but what is the big deal with texting?[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why people can't simply be unavailable to their friends/family for a couple of hours. The world won't end because you haven't updated your facebook status to say you're at the movies.

[quote name='Ch33pSh33p']I guess the bright light is a bit distracting but honestly, it hasn't really bugged me the times when I've seen it. However, the talking on the phone and crying child with inconsiderate parents is definitely not as tolerable on my end.

I notice that a lot of food places have policies about such things as well where you're not allowed to talk on the phone while ordering food.[/QUOTE]

I believe it's called "manners". Not many people have them anymore.

Once this lady was talking on her phone during the movie as if it was her living room (IE not whispering).

Then after a few Shhh from the audience, her friend sitting next to her tells her to hang up. The bitch tells the other person on the phone "oh thats just Lashawda telling me to shush, dont mind her" We were like WTF lady you gotta be fucking kidding.

Still, I'll take a phone call theater over someone with bad BO any day of the week.

I hate it when a drink gets accidentally spilled on someone who refuses to be quiet in a movie. It's a good thing that some theaters offer free refills.

So many in-flight movies ruined because they don't take your advice.

[quote name='confoosious']God I wish alamo draft house would go national.[/QUOTE]We were supposed to have one here by last year, but the contractors ran out of funding(?) or something. Breaks my wittle heart every time I pass by there seeing an unfinished building with an Alamo Drafthouse sign on it. It'd probably be really cool, too, since our Cinemark/Carmike theaters smell like someone that hasn't wiped their ass in days drags their butthole all over the seats and the buildings aren't that big.

EDIT: After googling, its been sitting there unfinished since 2007. Some dude was going to buy it and finish it, but then backed out. :(

bread's done
Back