Paul Walker dead at 40 (Fatal Car accident)

This is truly a heartbreaker. My stomach turned when I found out...he was on his way to charity too. Life is too short.

R.I.P. Paul Walker

You will be missed.

Thought it was a hoax at first, but supposedly his publicist has confirmed it. Sucks, nobody deserves to go out like that and on the way to a charity event makes it even worse. F&F is one my favorite movie franchises too, dunno what they're gonna do from here. R.I.P  :whistle2:(

I didn't know realize he was that old (not that 40 is old). Were they working on another F&F movie? I thought I heard another one was in the works

I didn't know realize he was that old (not that 40 is old). Were they working on another F&F movie? I thought I heard another one was in the works
Yup, right in the middle of production of Fast 7, which was shaping up to be pretty awesome with all the new actors and James Wan involved.

Yup, right in the middle of production of Fast 7, which was shaping up to be pretty awesome with all the new actors and James Wan involved.
I would say whatever footage they have, they use and then get a lookalike/double and stage his death. His character deserves as much, as do the fans. I mean, Han was killed, surely O'Connor's death will make for an even more intense story/movie.

I'm not saying Universal should capitalize on Walker's death, but if they have enough footage, I would rather see him then have them cut him out completely. It really depends on just how much footage they shot. Filming started sometime in September I believe, that leaves part of September, and all of October and November. 2-2.5 months, surely they have enough footage to setup his death...

Great actor and a seemingly genuinely nice guy. Very charitable and just seemed really nice overall. He will be missed. Also, to make matters worse, his 15 year old daughter had recently moved to California to be closer to him...

really sad to hear.  I didnt like Fast and Furious movies that much after the first couple but he seemed like a great guy, really liked him Eight Below.

I would say whatever footage they have, they use and then get a lookalike/double and stage his death. His character deserves as much, as do the fans. I mean, Han was killed, surely O'Connor's death will make for an even more intense story/movie.

I'm not saying Universal should capitalize on Walker's death, but if they have enough footage, I would rather see him then have them cut him out completely. It really depends on just how much footage they shot. Filming started sometime in September I believe, that leaves part of September, and all of October and November. 2-2.5 months, surely they have enough footage to setup his death...

Great actor and a seemingly genuinely nice guy. Very charitable and just seemed really nice overall. He will be missed. Also, to make matters worse, his 15 year old daughter had recently moved to California to be closer to him...
Well if the Fast Six blu is any indication then they at least got a good amount of footage since it does show a scene from the Fast Seven in it. Though I agree that they should use whatever and every footage they got of him since he's been as important to the franchise as Vin Diesel and it would be better tribute to him that way. Though yeah last two films in that franchise have literally just been great dumb fun and as simple and cookie cutter as the characters and story it's hard not to enjoy it and the people involved. Dat safe chase scene...

Well if the Fast Six blu is any indication then they at least got a good amount of footage since it does show a scene from the Fast Seven in it. Though I agree that they should use whatever and every footage they got of him since he's been as important to the franchise as Vin Diesel and it would be better tribute to him that way. Though yeah last two films in that franchise have literally just been great dumb fun and as simple and cookie cutter as the characters and story it's hard not to enjoy it and the people involved. Dat safe chase scene...
The last two movies were great fun. Sure, most of it wasn't believable, but it was just fun to watch, and that's what this franchise is about :) Whatever happens, I'd like to think they will do him justice and give his character a worthy death. I believe they used a lookalike/double for Heath Leger so they could finish a few scenes, but don't quote me on that.

Whoa this is totally sad.
Like everyone else, I thought it was a joke when the first news popped up and believed it when people were debunking it. Then I just saw ABC7 News right now...
This is even more depressing knowing that I just got all the Fast and Furious movies yesterday from Black Friday sales.

rip.gif
Paul "Brian O'Conner" Walker.

My condolences to his family.

Practically everyday you hear about somebody who gets into a fatal car accident, and you'd wonder if people would follow the rules of the road a little more, but it seems generally they never do.

What horrible news. So sad...I feel terrible for his family and friends and Fast co-workers. It's just messed up hearing about this.

Sad day for sure  :cry: To celebrate his new life in Heaven, I'm going to watch Fast and Furious today starting with the original. 

RIP Paul Walker.

So sad.  I never watched any of the F&F movies but hearing what his fellow actors from the franchise have to say about how great of a friend he was is just heart-wrenching.  He really had a lot of people who loved him.  TMZ is reporting that key scenes with him in it were to be shooting this coming week but obviously production has been shut down for now.  I hope they do a nice big tribute in the next movie and don't cancel the film entirely.  It seems like that's what he would have wanted.

I wonder how they write him off in the movie? Would a car crash be too insensitive?
I'm thinking he gets shot. One of those ACTION ACTION ACTION *STOP* He's shot, time slows down, and then speed back up as Dom and gang go after the person who shot him?

Crazy, just watched 2 of his movies a day and 2 before his death (Vehicle 19 & The Pawn Shop Chronicles).

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how they write him off in the movie? Would a car crash be too insensitive?
Either what Syngamer said or somewhere 3/4 into the movie or whatever Jordana Brewster's character will tell Vin Diesel that raising a family in the wake of Han's death and whatever chaos unfold within the seventh movie is no way to raise a family and are going to live their lives under witness protection or away from all the life of now stopping terrorists. Since I don't know how her character can continue with the films as well since they built up this whole relationship to where she even has a child with Paul/Brian.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=112058

wow I fucking knew it.

The film makers probably didn't have enough footage of him to edit it in away to either remove him completely or have him die early in the film.
What exactly is surprising about this? They're temporarily shutting down shooting to allow everyone time to grieve and to figure out how they want to approach the absence of Paul Walker. You make it sound like they cancelled the movie.

Either what Syngamer said or somewhere 3/4 into the movie or whatever Jordana Brewster's character will tell Vin Diesel that raising a family in the wake of Han's death and whatever chaos unfold within the seventh movie is no way to raise a family and are going to live their lives under witness protection or away from all the life of now stopping terrorists. Since I don't know how her character can continue with the films as well since they built up this whole relationship to where she even has a child with Paul/Brian.

I think your guess is the more plausible one. I just don't see any scenario of using Paul's death as a plot point in the movie as possible. The filmakers want to be as respectful to Paul's passing as much as possible so the only way they can do it is to just explain Jordana and Paul's characters as "moving on." It just wouldn't feel right in the context of the movie to have Paul's character die for shock value.

So now Paul Walker's younger brother who is a stunt man may pose as Walker for the sequel with his face CG'd over with Paul's for close ups whenever needed. I Think I'm fine with that.

bread's done
Back