PAX game code giveaways: done

Status
Not open for further replies.

surak

CAGiversary!
I'm cleaning up my place and am getting rid of some stuff that I picked up at PAX. EDIT: codes for NFS: Shift, Dungeon Fighter Online, League of Legends codes, and Dungeons and Dragons Online all given away.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='opterasis']I'll take the beta code if you still have it.[/QUOTE]

OK, PM sent.

[quote name='xDarkElement']Heroes of newerth is better than this LoL game lmao.[/QUOTE]

I know next to nothing about about either of those but then again I'm not into MMOs. LoL (I see what you did there) does look more than a bit generic, but maybe someone will like it.

Reading the code card over again it looks like that code won't go into effect until after launch, so not sure how I ought to handle giving away the code. PM the code to the first X people who plan to sign up for the game and let the quickest one redeem? Just put the code in the top post? Can a beta user enter in promo codes?

[quote name='xDarkElement']Heroes of newerth is better than this LoL game lmao.[/QUOTE]

Heroes of Newerth is nothing short of a carbon copy of DotA. Go ahead, compare the patch notes of Newerth to the latest DotA notes. They are nearly identical. Go to the heroes page on Newerth site. There are less than 10 original heroes there. I'm not saying Newerth is a bad game, after all, I may actually try Newerth - but only if the so-called "DotA pros" don't move there too.

[quote name='surak']I know next to nothing about about either of those but then again I'm not into MMOs. LoL (I see what you did there) does look more than a bit generic, but maybe someone will like it.

Reading the code card over again it looks like that code won't go into effect until after launch, so not sure how I ought to handle giving away the code. PM the code to the first X people who plan to sign up for the game and let the quickest one redeem? Just put the code in the top post? Can a beta user enter in promo codes?[/QUOTE]

LoL isn't an MMO, rather it's a hero-based RTS. Other than the DotA mod for Warcraft 3, the only other game I can reference in this genre is Demigod which released on PCs not too long ago. I don't know if the promo code can be entered for the beta because, for the moment, the servers are down for maintenance.

I'm in beta right now and I absolutely love this game! I tried really hard to get the Twisted Fate skin code. But I did get one at PAX this year :( if you still have the code, I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands :)

Can you enter codes in the beta? It's supposed to be in the "store" tab, "redeem promotional code" tab at the bottom. I'm just trying to figure out if it's redeemable now or not until launch.

[quote name='Cheeseknight28']
LoL isn't an MMO, rather it's a hero-based RTS. Other than the DotA mod for Warcraft 3, the only other game I can reference in this genre is Demigod which released on PCs not too long ago. [/QUOTE]

So the online component is playing with or against other people on a series of maps? Weird that such a game would even have stuff to purchase, then.

Bump as the Twisted Fate giveaway begins. Hope it's actually possible to take the screenshot needed to win the code!

[quote name='phonechecked']Sent[/QUOTE]

The winner!

Last giveaway will be a DDO $5 gift card. I'll update the OP.

Bump because no one's posted an entry for the D&D Online gift card. I'll extend the deadline through the end of the week, and if by Friday just one person enters, they'll be the winner by default!

Didn't see this thread before..

I'd grab one of the campaign packs. Whichever one is on sale that week... if none are on sale I'd hold the points until one goes on sale.

I would buy the Sorrowdusk Isle adventure pack because I like the adventure packs with wilderness areas in addition to quests. Wilderness areas have 3 goals that give experience: Explorer, Rare Encounters, and Slayer. I enjoy exploring areas so I like to complete the Explorer goal and try to find all the locations. Rare encounters are usually rare mobs, sometimes rare NPCs. With Slayer, you can get a large amount of experience by slaying large amount of mobs instead of completing quests.

cire_yang is the winner! PM with the code sent. That's all the codes I've got, thanks to all who participated in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back