Paying Full Price on 4 Upcoming Games - Unheard of since I joined the site!

Frankski

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Hey all

I was checking my amazon and gamestop account pages today and realized I have 4 games pre-ordered and I'm paying full price for them. This (paying full price) is something I haven't done since I started trolling this site (about a year before I actually joined). I've got:

Heavy Rain (knew this was going to be a Day 1 purchase for me for a long time).
Pokemon SoulSilver (For 35 bucks and a figure and a PokeWalker, this may be a trade investment; even though I love Pokemon games, I just don't have time anymore).
Monster Hunter Tri (again, knew this was going to be a Day 1 purchase)
Endless Ocean 2 with free WiiSpeak (seems like an interesting game, and for a free WiiSpeak [to go with Monster Hunter Tri, hopefully] how could this go wrong?)

This is insane. Between the deals forums and the trade forums, I haven't bought a new game at full price in quite some time.

Why would you pay full retail for anything?

For example, there's a thread in the deals forum for Monster Hunter Tri, down to like 46 shipped for the game and the classic controller, and I'm pretty sure Amazon had a deal on Endless Ocean 2, just gotta keep your eyes on the prize :)

Sorry, I should have said not full price, but day 1 price.

I've used this site to get the best Day 1 price I could find. I got the Monster Hunter Tri from Gamestop.com with the controller for 46, Endless Ocean for 30 from amazon, etc.

Still though, I usually wait to get games for 1/3-1/2 off.

The only game I have ever paid full price for was Assassin's Creed II, but since it was the Master Edition I didn't have a choice.

Pretty much the only games I pay full price for are Pokemon RPG games, I stopped buying the other Pokemon games because they aren't worth full price and if I want them I can get them discounted later on like every other game. Yes I could get the RPG games on sale later on if I wanted to as well but Pokemon RPG's are one of the few that are actually worth full price at launch.

I get gamestop gift cards from e-rewards which pays for the Pokemon games anyways, I just save my gift cards until a new Pokemon RPG comes out. I know I can get these games a little cheaper elsewhere but since I have credit at GS I would prefer to use it on a new release especially if I am intending to buy it at full price anyways.

Hopefully you meant you were a lurker, not a troll.

I agree; I usually don't buy things day 1, but there have been a lot of good deals on great games lately, so I've had to make some exceptions. That said, I rarely pay MSRP. In the past few months I've bought a lot on day 1:

Halo 3: ODST $12.99 (Paid by GC)
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: Hardened Edition $56.99 (Paid by GC)
God of War Collection $14.44
Darksiders $39.99
Mass Effect 2 $51.20 ($50 paid by GC)
Bioshock 2 $48.51 ($11.xx paid by GC)

Combined with the $10 and $20 gaming credits that come with purchase, let's just say Amazon has been very good to me :D

God of War III, Dead Space 2 and Red Dead Redemption are also getting bought day 1, but I passed on Heavy Rain, and though I'm considering Dante's Inferno, I'll probably pass on that as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree there have been good deals on MSRP games lately, however your not paying MSRP for those games so its a good deal. Never before have I seen Nintendo games like Bowser and Zelda go down to 25$ and stay that way for a long time especially right after release. You used to have to wait for some store to put them on clearance which would take forever just to save $10 on a Nintendo published title.

Heck I picked up Zelda Spirit Tracks in the amazon gold box for something like $23.

[quote name='eau']Mass Effect 2 CE[/QUOTE]

agreed, but i sold my collector's armor code on ebay for $35 so it worked out pretty good.

I've only broken my unwritten rule of not paying MSRP on games at or near release 6 times since I joined CAG.

Mercenaries 2(worst idea EVER)
Little Big Planet
GTA Episodes(PS3)-fully paid pre-order at Rapestop
Darksiders
God Of War Collection
GTAIV Special Edition

Other than those six, I've paid no more than $30 for most newer games and of those six I only paid CASH for one. The rest was cheap credit from flipping games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Other than collector's editions I never pay full price for anything and even then I still often score deals. Of course the ole employee discount never hurts either:D

well the good thing about CAG too is that even if you pay full price sometimes, there are great chances to find good flipping deals, especially for new games, so there is rarely regret paying full price for stuff sometimes. or at least thats how it is for me :D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I've only broken my unwritten rule of not paying MSRP on games at or near release 6 times since I joined CAG.

Mercenaries 2(worst idea EVER)
Little Big Planet
GTA Episodes(PS3)-fully paid pre-order at Rapestop
Darksiders
God Of War Collection
GTAIV Special Edition

Other than those six, I've paid no more than $30 for most newer games and of those six I only paid CASH for one. The rest was cheap credit from flipping games.[/QUOTE]

It's not rape if you consent.

[quote name='Survivalism']It's not rape if you consent.[/QUOTE]

It is for everyone else still imo. As for me, I've learned to only use GS when I know I'm getting the better end of the deal.:razz:

bread's done
Back