Paypal Assessing Fees for Personal accounts

Shady3011

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (98%)
So the other day I got a payment via Paypal where the user used an instant payment method. That means it's either direct bank funds or a Paypal balance. No problem until I noticed yesterday that Paypal had charged me a fee for it.

After doing some research, I found out that Paypal updated their policy at the beginning of this month to separate money sent to personal accounts. If it's payment for a sale, any type of payment method will be charged a fee for that transaction. If it's a personal payment like a friend sending money, then that only gets charged if they use a credit card. This doesn't seem to effect premium accounts, but I could be wrong.

Also, Paypal can suspend your account if they suspect you're receiving payment for sales using the personal payment option.

This really sucks since they didn't announce these changes were coming to my knowledge. Usually they send policy update notices for their privacy policy. This seems pretty big to not touch upon though I'm sure Paypal hoped most would not notice it.

Anyway, just a heads up to all CAG users since I know most use Paypal here to get payments. It reallys sucks since now either people need take the hit or ask the buyer to pay the fee which isn't going to fly now.

That really sucks. I don't remember Paypal sending any emails recently, so this is kinda sneaky for them but I guess that's normally how they operate. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, this sucks. It looks like from now on I'll have to ask the buyer to pay the fee or have them pay for and mail a money order for payment. :whistle2:|

Recently my girlfriends account was deactivated because Paypal said there were issues with giving and receiving payments from her bank account. Her account had withdrawals blocked, which shouldn't have mattered because she has other payment methods listed. So my guess is it has to do something with this new fee assessment. They wouldn't tell us the reason why she was deactivated, or give us any help at all when we called their cs line.

This company doesn't get the attention it should. These guys get away with a little more than they should be allowed to.

[quote name='jchoi']That really sucks. I don't remember Paypal sending any emails recently, so this is kinda sneaky for them but I guess that's how normally how they operate. Thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

i do, ive been receiving them for the past 2 months of them reminding me weekly its going to change soon. oh well.

[quote name='xdl']
This company doesn't get the attention it should. These guys get away with a little more than they should be allowed to.[/QUOTE]

Technically, they're not a bank so I guess it's a little harder to regulate their activities. Still not an excuse though since they definitely get away with too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Shady, your PMs are full, so hopefully you check back here...

That guy is not going to come through on the game. He messaged me a few times the day after I sent him the message with your info and told him to contact you.
I didn't go back for a couple days because I expected him to contact you, not me, and I didn't get any mail saying I had messages. Apparently they only send them on the first message and not on replies... I didn't know that.
Anyway, he said that he wasted his time in the sale and he was going to buy it on ebay.
I messaged him back saying the above basically and that he had your contact information and just needed to get in touch with you. I told him that you still had the item and that you were waiting for him, but he never responded.

BTW, when you send money to me, please be sure to do it to my [email protected] address so I can see if they are charging fees to Japanese personal accounts as well.

MARK AS A GIFT AND YOU WILL NOT GET FEES!
GIFT IS IN THE PERSONAL TAB WHERE YOU SELECT WHAT THE PAYMENT IS FOR!
It won't let you print out label for gift but you can use multi order shipping for that.

[quote name='darkslime']MARK AS A GIFT AND YOU WILL NOT GET FEES!
GIFT IS IN THE PERSONAL TAB WHERE YOU SELECT WHAT THE PAYMENT IS FOR!
It won't let you print out label for gift but you can use multi order shipping for that.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, if they catch on they can cancel the payment and may suspend your account if you keep at it.

Wow. You gotta be kidding me. Don't they extort enough money out of people by it being the only viable solution for Ebay payments? This company is getting filthy rich.

It's time for Google to step up and give us an alternative.

The problem here is that Paypal was working better as a seperate company away from Ebay.

Now that they bought them out... we're having to look for a different auction site with a different payment system.

Unfortunately they are the MS of auction/payment systems, with no competition, they can do pretty much anything they want.

bread's done
Back