?Paypal Fees?

dman1869

CAGiversary!
Feedback
85 (100%)
There was a thread a few weeks ago which I barely scimmed over which detailed the new paypal fees for personal accounts. I didn't think too much of it because I hadn't sold anything through paypal for awhile. I recently did however sell something and used paypal to receive the payment and I was charged a fee which came out to 2.9%+.30 which I believe is the rate that premier accounts are charged for credit or debit card payments. Before anyone suggests to search for the thread instead of making a new one, I did try that already for about 1/2 hour but I can't find it. Anyway, what are the new fees for personal accounts. I read at paypal that funding something through a bank account is still free and also using a paypal balance is free. I only have a personal account so if someone tries to send me money with a credit card it will tell them that I cannot accept because I only have a personal account. What happened? Any info appreciated.

What happened is, PayPal got greedy, and knew too many people were sticking with personal accounts to avoid paying them "their fair share."

So what's the difference between a personal account and a premier account besides on personal accounts you can only receive $500 per month in payments?

Personal accounts you can receive money from family and friends as gifts with no fees. That's pretty much the only benefit now as far as I can tell.

[quote name='ihadFG']Personal accounts you can receive money from family and friends as gifts with no fees. That's pretty much the only benefit now as far as I can tell.[/QUOTE]

you can do that with a premier account also, i just did it with my bro.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']you can do that with a premier account also, i just did it with my bro.[/QUOTE]

Well then I guess there aren't really any benefits to having a personal account anymore.

[quote name='ihadFG']Well then I guess there aren't really any benefits to having a personal account anymore.[/QUOTE]

I guess not. I think I will finally upgrade to a premier account since I will be paying the fees for a personal account anyway. Maybe I'll actually sell something on ebay now. Believe it or not I have never sold anything on ebay before. Although, since I was trying to avoid the fees for personal accounts on paypal, now I will have the privelage of paying paypal fees AND ebay fees. Yay me! :whee:

bread's done
Back