paypal help Collection agency

TornadoXL

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Well a buyer filed a dispute on me and a few days later he said he received it. I havent payed paypal back yet. They sent a collection agency after me. Can they hurt my credit. They dont have my SSN. I am also under 18. Please i need help it is over 600 dollars

Wait, he said he recieved it a few days later? Send paypal a copy of that email and then say he is trying to rip you off. Who is the collection agency? How have they contacted you?

PayPal requires signature confirmation that is viewable online for shipments valued $250 or more. If you have a dc number that shows the package has been delivered and signed for send that info to PayPal asap.

lc systems
and paypal already ruled in my favor after i disputed it. The problem is since they already gave them the money. They said they cant reverse it. I have to contact him outside of paypal. Can collection company do anything to me?

[quote name='TornadoXL']lc systems
and paypal already ruled in my favor after i disputed it. The problem is since they already gave them the money. They said they cant reverse it. I have to contact him outside of paypal. Can collection company do anything to me?[/QUOTE]

That is rich. PayPal sided with you but can't give you the money that they paid someone else.
PayPal is already in the toilet.

[quote name='unforeseen']That is rich. PayPal sided with you but can't give you the money that they paid someone else.
PayPal is already in the toilet.[/quote]
Agreed, that's bull shit. They can give him the money, they just don't want to. fucking PayPal.

[quote name='TornadoXL']lc systems
and paypal already ruled in my favor after i disputed it. The problem is since they already gave them the money. They said they cant reverse it. I have to contact him outside of paypal. Can collection company do anything to me?[/QUOTE]

Keep complaining... PayPal owes you money then. Threaten them with BBB report and/or a small claims court lawsuit.

[quote name='SoulProphet']that is so true, paypal ruled on your behalf but still would not give you the money back then you can sue them for that.[/quote]

If I'm reading it properly, they refunded the money to the "buyer" and are trying to make the seller pay up for their (PayPal's) mistake, even though they sided with the seller.

That is ridiculous. I'd try contacting PP again and try to get some resolution. Make sure you keep EVERYTHING, especially the communications of them saying the dispute was found in your favor. If need be (but only as an extreme last resort), threaten legal action. You have, by their own admission, proof that they made an error, but are trying to put it on you to pay for said error.

You know it would be a huge help if someone can give the kid some advice on how to handle collection agency.

I went through this a couple years back. Contact the Better Business Bureau. I evetually settled with my credit card company who refunded my money. But Paypal is horrible, they won't give any money back unless the other person has that amount in their account. Paypal is a bunch of crooks, too bad they are the biggest escrow type thing on eBay.

[quote name='62t']You know it would be a huge help if someone can give the kid some advice on how to handle collection agency.[/quote]

The advice is: Don't deal with them, don't talk to them. File a BBB report on PayPal, and if that doesn't move things along to to the consumerist or somebody with the story.

[quote name='tsmvengy']The advice is: Don't deal with them, don't talk to them. File a BBB report on PayPal, and if that doesn't move things along to to the consumerist or somebody with the story.[/quote]

Exactly. The only thing the collection agency cares about is getting the money for their client. Talking to them will do nothing.

Yeah, talking to the collection agency will only end in frustration.

OP, have you considered getting legal advice from a real lawyer? Many towns have some place you can go for free or cheap legal advice. I'm not saying retain a lawyer for the case but just get advice from people that are trained in these sorts of things.

I talk to ebay about it and they said they would take to the collection agency. I havent recieved a call from the collection agency for 5 days it that a good thing.

Thanks 62t :)

[quote name='62t']You know it would be a huge help if someone can give the kid some advice on how to handle collection agency.[/QUOTE]

Collection agencies do whatever their job is. This is all PayPal's problem now, they should tell the collection agency to back off.

But of course, PayPal doesn't make mistakes.. do they?:roll:

[quote name='tsmvengy']The advice is: Don't deal with them, don't talk to them. File a BBB report on PayPal, and if that doesn't move things along to to the consumerist or somebody with the story.[/QUOTE]

execpt they will be calling you non stop unless you tell them to only communicate by letters.

bread's done
Back