paypal noob.. help please.

racthamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
Hi,

I sold something on ebay for the first time.. i sold two thing..and both buyers paid with paypal already (transaction complete) this paypal account is tied to my creditcard, i'm not familiar with paypal, so is that mean my creditcard will recieve the 'credit' from paypal (minus the paypal fee)? I called my credit card and they didn't see anything credit coming into my account..

p.s the seond order, the buyer email me that he want me to ship it really soon for Wed birthday present (sound like craiglist scam stuff), but since my paypal account already show the transaction complete, isn't I suppose to get credit on my credit card already? thank you

The money stays in your paypal account. You can tie a bank account to your paypal, and transfer your paypal funds into your bank.

The 2nd buyer is unreasonable if they think the item will get there by Wednesday. The item can't even be sent out until Monday so there's a good chance it won't get there by Wednesday.

I hate how some buyers think EBay is a retail store and they can just wait until the last minute to buy a gift and expect it to be received on time.

[quote name='AFStealth']The money stays in your paypal account. You can tie a bank account to your paypal, and transfer your paypal funds into your bank.[/QUOTE]

oh.. i'm such a dope hehe..

the guy ask me to ship it 2nd day UPS instead of ground, i'm thinking about doing it for him just for the heck of it... anyone has any idea.. how much something like mario dance mix cube would cost for 2nd day? thank you..

[quote name='racthamp']oh.. i'm such a dope hehe..

the guy ask me to ship it 2nd day UPS instead of ground, i'm thinking about doing it for him just for the heck of it... anyone has any idea.. how much something like mario dance mix cube would cost for 2nd day? thank you..[/QUOTE]

Unless he pays you extra for the shipping don't do it, no reason to cut into your profits.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Unless he pays you extra for the shipping don't do it, no reason to cut into your profits.[/QUOTE]

thanx for the advice guy... the earlier suggestion say it probably cost $15.. for 2nd day.. then i'll go ahead and do him a favor.. since I charge $20 for shipping for UPS ground (got the idea from other auctions).. so worse case scenerio around $25-$30.. would be fine.. i guess. it's for the birthday reason and all.. and he did used buy it now.. so maybe he's really need it in a hurry.. besides.. i got the mario from GR.. long time ago.. and hasn't play it.. hopefully they will 'really' replemish the supply in Mar/April like other CAGer says .. okay thank you very much..

Also when sending items and receiving payment via PayPal, make sure their address is CONFIRMED and probably within the US. If within the US, you are protected and can file for mail fraud if anything happens. I usually wait 1-3 days before sending package because payment can either be stolen and PayPal will reverse the payment or buyer can request money to be refunded for whatever reason.

I was a moderator for TritonLabs (creators of Afterburner light for GBA) and I had the professionally installed. I sold them on eBay for $250+ considering I got the light kits for free. I had a buyer from overseas and paid me. Just when I was about to go to the post office, I checked my email one last time before going and there it was, an email from PayPal saying payment was from stolen account and to not ship the item until resolved. Had I not look at my email before I left, I would of lost my item for good.

Also, you should get two emails when your auction ends. If they have no feedback or they tell you to ship immediately or the address is overseas, check the email address in the PayPal payment and the address in the eBay email they send you. They have their address in there as well. Check to see if they match. But if their payment says CONFIRMED, you dont have to worry about so as long you send with tracking number on the package.

bread's done
Back