Paypal Question

Caro

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
If I want to buy something with paypal but don't have money in my paypal account, do I HAVE to wait a week to transfer funds or is there a way of paying right out of my bank acct or credit card.

sorry if it's the wrong place to post this, wasn't sure where to put it.

When checking out and about to pay it should do an "instant transfer" if you are paying with your bank account. There will only be a wait if you are paying by echeck.

You can pay straight from your bank account or CC to another PayPal account. The money doesn't have to be in your PayPal account first you just choose to fund the payment with your bank account or CC on the send money screen. 90% of the time I make a payment, my account has a 0 balance.

When paying with a bank account PayPal decides whether to allow an instant transfer or if you need to go through the eCheck wait time. I don't believe they state exactly how they determine which route you'd need to go.

If you are using a credit card to pay it should always be instant. So just use a CC to fund your payment if that's an option for you. You'll potentially have better protection from your CC as well. It's basically better all around to just use a CC IMO unless you are one to overspend and carry a balance.

Pretty sure if you have $0 in your account and you want to pay with bank balance that it will be instant if you have a CC to back it up. Otherwise i think its an e-check.

bread's done
Back