PC - Direct2Drive: Call of Duty Modern Warfare sale continues but a little cheaper

Daykain

CAGiversary!
Feedback
294 (100%)
PC Digital Download - If you missed the Steam sale for the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1 & 2 games, you can get them a little cheaper using a refer-a-friend code at Direct2Drive for:

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare - $14.99 ($12.74 refer-a-friend)
http://www.direct2drive.com/5239/product/Buy-Call-of-Duty-4:-Modern-Warfare-Download

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 2 - $19.99 ($16.99 refer-a-friend)
http://www.direct2drive.com/8687/product/Buy-Call-of-Duty:-Modern-Warfare-2-Download

Only CoD: MW2 can be activated on Steam.
FYI DLC is not on sale.

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']$20 sale for a two year old game, gotta love Activision.[/QUOTE]No, you've got to love supply and demand. If people are willing to pay a higher price, why lower it? If you ran Guncrazy Games and had a product that could command $20 two-and-a-half years after its release, would you sell it for $10, sacrificing half the revenue (and lowering profit) just because you're nice or don't want people on teh Intarwebz mocking you? Didn't think so.

I know that capitalism is supposed to be evil and corporations nothing but greedy bastards, but in a free market, people can charge what they want and others can choose to not buy it if the price is too high.

The thing is, companies like EA/Valve/etc etc price drop their games all the time
Mass Effect games went $20 a good 6 months or so after release, same with Bad Company 2 (Just a couple off the top of my head)
They didn't get these price drops because they were selling bad, did they? (The answer is no ;))

Activision just refuses to give gamers any type of deal whatsoever... Hell, they still want $20 for CoD2 on Steam

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']The thing is, companies like EA/Valve/etc etc price drop their games all the time
Mass Effect games went $20 a good 6 months or so after release, same with Bad Company 2 (Just a couple off the top of my head)
They didn't get these price drops because they were selling bad, did they? (The answer is no ;))

Activision just refuses to give gamers any type of deal whatsoever... Hell, they still want $20 for CoD2 on Steam[/QUOTE]

Activision keeps selling this crap, because dumb @$$'s keep buying this old DX9 POS game franchise. Time to upgrade from those dual core processors and 8800 series cards and start playing a real game. You have until October 25th to accomplish this. ;)

If you want an even cheaper deal. You can buy it off of ebay. I bought MW2 for $12.50 about a year ago (Actual retail value $39.95). Even purchased Black Ops back in December cheaper as a gift $39.50(Actual retail value $59.95).

Ebay is a good measure of supply and demand. Look at the bids ending soonest and tell me if you think Activision is not trying to milk every single cent out of their franchises.

Although the general consumer probably wouldn't know about this (Activision's Target). I'd like to share w/ my fellow CAGS. ;)

[quote name='DizoAZ']Activision keeps selling this crap, because dumb @$$'s keep buying this old DX9 POS game franchise. Time to upgrade from those dual core processors and 8800 series cards and start playing a real game. You have until October 25th to accomplish this. ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm prepared with my sandy bridge i5 at 4.2ghz and gtx 590 :cool:

bread's done
Back