PC Game INSANITY at Circuit City

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCDenton

Banned
I know someone else already posted about getting PREY cheap, but there needs to be a thread to tally up all of the discounted prices because there are some ridiculous deals I just found and it will take a combined effort to scan all of Circuit City's games. Anyways, I have just purchased:

-----------
edit: Thank you to pcktlnt for making this list alphabetized and coding it for starforce.

[quote name='pcktlnt']To help out my fellow caggers, here is a compiled list of the games that have been listed throughout the entire forum. Do not hate on me if some of the prices may be off, I just copied/pasted. Good luck finding the games. Please, please please please please put the game title and price when you guys list. This way it would help out a lot. ^__^

Last Update: February 14, 2008, 5:45 pm
Added:
A few questions were arising that I thought everyone knew. But I will help clarify here just in case.
  • All prices listed below are 50% off. That means, what you see listed below should be what you pay for that game.
  • NEVER believe the sticker price on Circuit City games. If you feel doubtful have the employee/cashier PRICE CHECK the game.
  • Your mileage may vary (YMMV). For example, we know that Sam & Max price checks for 24.99, but a fellow CAG was able to find one that had a sticker price of 19.99, so he/she was able to pick it up for 10.00. Same with someone else and a Deluxe version of Battlefield. Use your best judgment in obtaining a game not on this list.
  • If you do purchase a game, please list the game and price. This way, the list can be updated.
  • Good luck fellow CAGs.
Thank you fellow CAGs for posting your game finds and prices.

Added:
- Adventures in Odyssey 2 pack (big box)
- Curious George Educational Title
- Multi- title educational software with Magic School Bus and Roller Typing
- Race 07
- Classic Game Collection

This color = Previous sale
This color = New ones reported this sale
This color = games with Starforce

18 Wheels of Steel: Haulin - $0.42
2006 FIFA World Cup - $4.66
Act of War: High Treason - $2.33
Adventures in Odyssey 2 pack (big box) - $7.50
Age of Empires II Gold Edition (inclues Conquerors expansion) - $10.00
Age of Mythology: Gold Edition - $10.00
Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales - $1.00 Europe only?
Alexander: Heroes of Conquest - $2.50
Alien Shooter Vengeance - $2.19
American Conquest Anthology (American Conquest, Fight Back, Divided Nation) for $3.50
American Farmer Deluxe / American Builder Deluxe Combo - $2
Ankh - $2.00
Armed & Dangerous - $2.50
Battlefield 2: Booster Pack Collection - $3.50
Battlefield 2: Deluxe Edition - $4.66
Battlefield 2: Special Forces - $4.66
Battlefield 1942 (Complete Collection) - $3.50
Battlefield 2142 - $10.00
Beowulf - $10.00
Black & White 2 - Battle of the Gods - $3.00
Blazing Angels 2 - $7.50
Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood - $8.00
Buccaneer's Bounty - $2.50
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth - $6.48 Russia version only?
Call of Duty 2 - Game of the Year - $10.00
Call of Juarez - $5.00
City of Heroes: Combined (This has both Heroes and Villians in one package) - $10.00
City of Villians Time Card - $8.98
Classic Game Collection (Monopoly, Clue, Life, and Scrabble) - $10.00
Combat Mission Anthology - $7.50
Command & Conquer Collection - $10
Command & Conquer Generals Deluxe - $10
Company of Heroes (Not the Game of the Year Edition) - $10.00
Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts - $10.00
Counter-Strike: Source - $10.00
Crashday - $7.50
Crazy Machines: The Wacky Contraptions Game - $7.50
Culpa Innata - $10.00
Curious George Educational Title - $7.50
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic - $5.48
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (Collectors Edition) - $4.12
Darkstar One - $5.00
Darwinia - $1.29 or $1.40
DEFCON - $8.50
Desperate Housewives - $4.00
Deus Ex: Invisible War - $0.25
Diablo II - $10.00
Diablo II: Lord of Destruction - $10.00
Diner Dash - $2.50
Diner Dash (Metal Tin) - $5.00
DIRT (racing one) - $8.50
DIRT - Origin of the Species - $6.90
DNA - $2.19
Doom 3 - $10.00
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil expansion pack - $3.03
Dream Chronicles - $7.50
Driver: Parallel Lines - $6.98
Dungeon Siege II - $8.98
Dynasty League Baseball - $7.50
EA Strategy Collection - $2.74
El Matador - $10
Elder Scrolls: Shivering Isles - $7.50
Elf Super Bowling Collection (This was the title I found on Gamespot) - $3.98
Eragon - $1.41 or $1.94...sorry I forgot when I asked too many at a time. ^__^
Fable: The Lost Chapters - $8.00
Faces of War - $4.66
Fate - $9.98
FEAR - $4.66
FEAR: Extraction Point - $3.29
FEAR: Perseus Mandate $10.00
Flatout 2 - $7.50 Europe only?
Flight Simulator 2004 - $10.00
Freedom Force - $3.01
Freelancer - $5.00
Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords - $5.00
Galactic Civilization: Ultimate Edition - $2.50 (jewel case bargain title)
Ghost Hunter (Hidden Object Game) - 10$
Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter - $7.50
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (GRAW 2) - $10
Godfather - $7.50
Gothic 3 - $3.00 Confirmed at $3.00
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - $9.00 or $10.00 (2nd edition)
GTR: Game of the Year Edition - $2.50
GTR 2 - $2.00
GTR 2: Game of the Year Edition - $7.50 or $10.00
GTR FIA Racing - $2.50
Guild Wars Nightfall (Collector's Edition) - $9.48
Half-Life 2: Episode One - $3.50
Halo - $10.00
Hard Truck: 18 Wheels of Steel - $1.50
Heroes of Might and Magic V - $7.50
Jericho - $8.50
IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 - $10.00
It's the Big Game, Charlie Brown - $6.00
King's Quest Collection - $7.50 (7 games)
Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green - $5.00
Left Behind: Eternal Forces - $3-4
Legos Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy - $10.00
Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth - $5.00
Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2 - $3.50 or $5.00
Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth II, The Rise of the Witch-King - $2.30
Maelstrom - $4.60
Magic Match - $4.66
Marine Sharpshooter 3 - $10.00
Medal of Honor Allied Assault - $3.00 (Jewel case?)
Micro Machines V4 - $4.33
Myst IV: Revelation, Limited Edition - $7.50
Need for Speed Carbon - $1.87
Need for Speed Most Wanted - $5.00
Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer - $10.00
Oasis - $2.50
Overlord - $8.50
Paradise - $8.00
pcktlnt - $0.00 (Not a game)
Penumbra: Overture - $8.00
Perimeter - $2.33
Perimeter:Emperer's Testament - $4.66
Phantasy Star Universe - $4.xx
Plantasia - $4.33
Police Quest - $4.xx (Is this the collection one as well?)
Police Quest Collection - $7.50 (YMMV)
Prey - $5.50 or $6.50
Prey Limited Edition (The big metal tin) - $8.00
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time - $3.50 (online)
Prison Tycoon 3: Lockdown - $10.00
Puzzle Quest - $10
Quake 4 - $10
Race 07 - $7.50
Rag Doll Kung Fu - $5
Rainbow Six Vegas - $10.00
Rayman 10th Anniversary Collection - $8.99 or $4.50 (online)
Rayman 3 Pack - $4.50
Rayman Raving Rabbids - $8.00
Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 - $8.00
Resident Evil 4 - $10.00
Rise & Fall: Civilizations at War - $9.00
Rise of Nations - $2.50 (jewel case bargain title)
Rise of Nations: Gold Edition - $10.00
Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends $9.00
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack - $10.00
Rush for Berlin - $8.99
Scratches: New Director's Cut Edition - $7.50
Shadowgrounds - $3.58
Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened - $9.98
Sid Meier's Railroads! - $3.56 or $4.12
Silent Hunter - $8.00
Sim City 4: Deluxe Edition - $9.98
Silverfall - $8.98 or $10.00
SiN Episodes - $5.00 or $6.99 (online)
Soliders: Heroes of World War II - $1.00
Space Quest - $4.xx (which version is this?)
SpellForce 2: Shadow Wars - $4.66 Europe version
Splinter Cell Double Agent - $3.75
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl - $10.00
StarCraft Battle Chest - $10.00
Star Trek: Legacy - $4.60
Star Wars Empire at War (Not Collection one) - $8.00 or $6.98
Star Wars Empire at War: Forces of Corruption (Expansion) - $9.00
Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Online Adventure - $2.59
Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse - $4.98 or $5.48 (online)
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance - $10.00
Sweet Tooth (Bejewelled clone) - $3.50
Sword of the Stars - $8.50
Syberia Saga Limited Edition - $2.35
The Chosen: Well of Souls - $8.50
The Guild 2 - $4.11
The Movies - $4.66
The Movies: Stunts & Effects Expansion - $9.98
The Punisher - $1.90
The Ship - $2.35
The Sims 2: Family Fun Stuff - $5.00 (online)
Titan Quest - $5.00 (YMMV) - $7.50
Titan Quest: Immortal Throne - $10.00
TMNT - $7.50 (Scanned too many at once so not sure) or $10 (CD version)
Tomb Raider Legend - $8.00
Tony Hawk's Underground 2 - $4.00 (online)
Trainz Railwayz - $10.00
UFO: Aftermath/Aftershock Double Pack - $8.98
Wizard's War Chest [Contains Evil Islands, Etherlords, & Etherlords II] $5.00
World of Warcraft - $10.00
X-COM: UFO Game Double Pack - $8.98

Unknown titles: Not sure where to place these, so they go here. ^__^
- Multi- title educational software with Magic School Bus and Roller Typing $9.99
- 10 pack of games for $2.14 (Can you give the title? lol)[/QUOTE]

Got everything I wanted except for original FEAR. Mine still has alot of games so if anyone is looking for anything post what you want. I can let you know if i can get em

Updated CC PC Game List

I never cared about starforce because I never heard of it. Thanks for bringing this up. I haven't burnt anything in 2 years, but I do not want to be restricted if some reason I need to back up my harddrive. They have been marked in red.

Lucky you Kipp. I wouldn't mind purchasing several deluxe sets. I hope I get lucky at the next two CCs I'm heading off to. ^__^

[quote name='pcktlnt'][SIZE=5I never cared about starforce because I never heard of it. Thanks for bringing this up. I haven't burnt anything in 2 years, but I do not want to be restricted if some reason I need to back up my harddrive. They have been marked in red.
[/QUOTE]
Spellforce 2 does NOT have starforce. Only the European version has it. I know there are other games that had starforce only in Europe but I haven't kept track of what they are.

[quote name='oremites']Spellforce 2 does NOT have starforce. Only the European version has it. I know there are other games that had starforce only in Europe but I haven't kept track of what they are.[/quote]

Thanks for keeping the list updated. :) Seeing that it's about 3 pages back, it might be helpful for those new to the thread to add a literal link back to it every time it is updated? (I didn't notice that the title was a link). ;) http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3931231&postcount=383

Also, I have never had an issue with StarForce (even I do not advocate it). I've used the following program to remove it: http://www.onlinesecurity-on.com/protect.phtml?c=55

However, don't be fooled. I believe the website above is owned by the people who make StarForce, but as far as I'm aware, the removal app is legit in removing all traces of StarForce.

[quote name='62t']Got Space Quest and Police Quest. Good decsion?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I mean that is an essential part of gaming history.

[quote name='pcktlnt']Updated CC PC Game List

I never cared about starforce because I never heard of it. Thanks for bringing this up. I haven't burnt anything in 2 years, but I do not want to be restricted if some reason I need to back up my harddrive. They have been marked in red.

Lucky you Kipp. I wouldn't mind purchasing several deluxe sets. I hope I get lucky at the next two CCs I'm heading off to. ^__^[/quote]One request on the PC Game list updates?

Could you put a time/date stamp on the post, so we know when it's been updated?

Updated CC PC Game List (Update: Feb 11, 2008, 10:00am)

@62t, police/space quest were great adventure games. If you like them, check out King's quest and a few others made by Sierra a few years back. Another good one is Quest for Glory (or is it Hero's Quest?)

@Hordak, yup, I try and keep the list on the page or when I post.

@Shrike, sure thing, I will add a time stamp. Thanks for that suggestion.

Hey pcktlnt

You might want to add these
-Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Online Adventure $2.59!!!

-Freedom Force $3.01

This was at the Fairfax, VA location. It hasn't been picked clean for some reason as there are a few titles from the list still there.

When I was preparing to leave after I paid for my items, I asked this one Spanish looking tall guy with a mustache to make sure it is cleared from the system before I walked out and the alarm beeps me :( He became very, and I mean very suspicious that I was walking out with games tagged 39.99 for 3 bucks or so. This one other latin chick told the guy to just look at the SKU on the sticker and the receipt. The fucker didn't apologize for giving me lip even though they don't update the prices on the games. For such a small selection they have, they could have gotten it done in no time (compared to the two sections they have at Sterling, VA). I really thought he was going to fight me for this by saying "I can't sell you a game for such a low price"or some shit like that.

So just be prepared to get hassled.

[quote name='adg1034']Okay, I posted this earlier, but nobody (besides pcktlnt) seemed to notice.

OFFICIAL TRADING THREAD IS HERE. GO HERE IF YOU WANT TO TRADE PURCHASES FROM THE CC SALE.

Ahem.

It's not stickied because I don't know who the mods are here, but it's a thread designed just for this sort of thing. Trade and enjoy.

EDIT: Also, ITDEFX, do you still have your Guild Wars long box available for trade? Let me know.[/QUOTE]

I talked to IO about this and he said Pookeymister is the one to talk to about sticking it.

I am putting GW:NF on hold til the end of the week....while I figure out which offer to take :( A lot of people want this box so bad and looking at the back of it, it's such a good deal for the price I got it for :|

[quote name='pcktlnt']@Hordak, yup, I try and keep the list on the page or when I post.[/quote]

Sorry, I didn't realize that the title IS the link. ;) I guess people like me need something a little more obvious. eh... whatever. CAG on everyone! :)

Just wanted to update to say I found a much more complete link detailing what does and does not have Starforce by region and version. This clears up some confusion. For instance, Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth doesn't have Starforce in the US.

One thing (actually three things) I found odd is that the Namco, Midway and Taito compilation discs contain Starforce. Yet you could very easily download all of those games to play on MAME!:roll:

[quote name='mogamer']One thing (actually three things) I found odd is that the Namco, Midway and Taito compilation discs contain Starforce. Yet you could very easily download all of those games to play on MAME!:roll:[/QUOTE]

True, but not a lot of people know that you can do this.

They figure "Hey all these great arcade games for x.xx!!" and pick them up.

Picked up CoH: Opposing Fronts for $10.00 today during lunch. I've come close to buying this at full retail so many times. Thanks to all the contributors of this thread. $10 can't be beat!

[quote name='Inspector Jihad']so even though opposing force was marked 39.99, it rang up as 10 bucks?[/quote]

Check the thread, but yes this is Circuit City for ya. :) A lot of the price stickers have not been updated in a looooooooooooong time. (Which could explain why their PC games weren't selling well which lead to this sale!) :applause:

[quote name='hordak']Check the thread, but yes this is Circuit City for ya. :) A lot of the price stickers have not been updated in a looooooooooooong time. (Which could explain why their PC games weren't selling well which lead to this sale!) :applause:[/QUOTE]

If a game is more than a year old and isn't that popular and sold at CC, I ignore the sticker and ask for a price check. Only problem is finding someone for that. :(

Picked up Sword of the Stars, Heroes of Might and Magic V, Stalker, F.E.A.R.: Extraction Point, and Prey Collector's Edition. Got rejected on Battlefield 2142 and Galactic Civilizations, though; both over $20.

Stupid me didn't print out a list before heading out to Circuit City, but I did find a couple games, one I didn't see listed here:

Penumbra Overture - $8.00

[quote name='Monroeski']Picked up Sword of the Stars, Heroes of Might and Magic V, Stalker, F.E.A.R.: Extraction Point, and Prey Collector's Edition. Got rejected on Battlefield 2142 and Galactic Civilizations, though; both over $20.[/QUOTE]

BF 2142 should be 10 bucks (as stated in the ad), but if the one you checked was BF 2142:Deluxe Edition then your SoL. Is that northern strike expansion really worth it?

Just bought a few games online instead of instore. Rayman 10th anniversary edition 4.50, stubs the zombie - 5:48, prince of persia the sands of time - 3.50, tony hawk's underground 2 -4.00, the sims 2: family fun stuff 5.00 and sins episodes for 6.99. A bit more then what appears to been posted earlier but meh I'd rather wait for the shipping then deal with dreaded circuit city store x_x.

I picked up the Add-on for Titan's Quest ($10) and Buccaneer's Bounty ($2.50). I then went over to BB and price matched to get the original Titan's Quest ($9.99).

Price matching at Best Buy was no problem. I asked first at Customer Service and they said no problem. At the register the clerk asked a manager (fair enough) who quickly approved it.

Best Buy had Sid Myer's Pirates, KotoR2 and others at $19.99

Link to CC PC Game List (Update: Feb 11, 2008, 4:00pm)

@lordebon, thanks for that list.

So I went to a CC that was 20 miles away. It was a nice place, it's like no one goes there or something. Tons of PC games. I browsed through the entire selection taking to the employees 10 games at a time to scan. Tons of games that were not on sale and some that were. Wish there was a GW long box or Xcom...=/

So with 3 different employees scanning the games, they were like, maybe we should implement a price scanner so you can do it yourself. My reply was, you could give me your code and I can scan the games anytime I want. They laughed and said no, you can probably end up altering the game price. That would be nice, but no go on that. ^__^

There were two games that did not scan and I forgot which they were.

These following titles do not qualify. =(
Loki = $29.99
Galactic Civ 2: Gold Edition = $24.99
Tabula Rasa CE = 49.99
Lost Planet = 24.99
Civilization Chronicles = 59.99
Dreamfall = 29.99
Escape Paradise City = 29.99
Civ Rome = 24.99 or 29.99
Fear Platinum Edition (FEAR and both expansions) $29.99
World in Conflict = 49.99
Viva Pinata = 39.99???>_<
And a few others I didn't bother to write down.

Yup, the Gold Edition is Galactic Civilization 2: Dread Lords + Dark Avatar

Off to class, will see if I can update with new games after hitting a CC on the way home from class. *crosses fingers for GW*

[quote name='pcktlnt']These following titles do not qualify. =(
Loki = $29.99[/quote]

Odd. I could have sworn that Loki qualified during the previous sale. :whistle2:#

NO ONE GO TO THE CC at 521 Fifth Avenue, New York. It just opened so they had a couple of the titles like Battlefield 2145 but it rang up as 49.99. I ended up going to a local CC in Brooklyn. I scored Battlefield $10, HL2 $10 and Dark Messiah $5.48. They have alot of Dark Messiah and Beowulf a couple of HL2 and I only saw 2 left of Battlefield. Im probably going back there tomorrow after work so if anyone is interested PM. Sadly no go on Guild Wars. If anyone has an extra one PM please we can work something out.

Didn't see this on the OP. Picked up GTA: San Andreas (2nd Edition) earlier today for $10. Anyone seen KoToR 2: The Sith Lords around still? Need to pick that up if it's still available.

TMNT (the Movie game) was 10 bucks I think... CD version...but there was a DVD version of the game when you bought the TMNT movie at walmart.

It's actually a fun game.

I didn't see Doom 3 on the list but it is priced at $10.

Picked up GTR 2: Game of the Year Edition for $7.50
It's the Big Game, Charlie Brown for $6.00 and Star Craft Battle Chest for $10

Yesterday, I manage to get Counter-Strike: Source for $10... today I got FEAR: Perseus Mandate for $10 and Colin McRae: DiRT for $8.50. The funny thing is that when I went to get Perseus Mandate in one store it ringed up at full price of $29.99, but when I went to another store that is 12 miles away from the first store it ring up at $10.

I'm guessing a few stores have not updated the prices in their system... you can probably try going to the customer service desk and have them call another Circuit City store to verify on the price.

There will be an expansion #2 for Galac Civ 2, as well.
It will be titled Galactic Civilization 2: Twilight of Arnor.

I wouldn't be surprised if Stardock pumps out some Platinum Edition -- including Galac Civ 2, Dark Avatar, and Twilight of Arnor -- after Arnor is released.

[quote name='JesseJames']Yesterday, I manage to get Counter-Strike: Source for $10... today I got FEAR: Perseus Mandate for $10 ...

The funny thing is that when I went to get Perseus Mandate in one store it ringed up at full price of $29.99, but when I went to another store that is 12 miles away from the first store it ring up at $10.

I'm guessing a few stores have not updated the prices in their system... you can probably try going to the customer service desk and have them call another Circuit City store to verify on the price.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's funny...

Must be one of those "Your Milage May Vary" Things.

[quote name='ITDEFX']BF 2142 should be 10 bucks (as stated in the ad), but if the one you checked was BF 2142:Deluxe Edition then your SoL. Is that northern strike expansion really worth it?[/quote]

Didn't have a regular copy, Deluxe was all that was available. Oh well, between the copy of CS:S I picked up last time the sale was on (which includes DoD: S also) plus TF2, I have enough online FPS action to last me a good long while anyway. :D

If anyone could pick me up a copy of darwinia I'd REALLY appreciate it. I've wanted to play it and 2 bones is a steal. PM me and ill hit you back on paypal plus shipping and your troubles. You can collapse box and mail snail mail in an envelope.

[quote name='TheBryanTarlowski']If anyone could pick me up a copy of darwinia I'd REALLY appreciate it. I've wanted to play it and 2 bones is a steal. PM me and ill hit you back on paypal plus shipping and your troubles. You can collapse box and mail snail mail in an envelope.[/QUOTE]

Everyone wants that keychain lol :)

I have a spare unit :)

man i couldn't find shit at my local CC
also, somebody mentioned awhile Sam and Max Season 1 was only $10,
but the cashier told me that it was still 24.99

anyways, i just picked up phoenix wright trials and tribulations for $20 at GS (last copy)
and i got my copy of Professor Layton and the Curious Village for $20 w/ $10 rewards certificate

My CC had tons of 2142's left and a few of the other items as well.
I'm probably gonna pick up Company of Heroes base game before all is said and done.
I also ordered an 8800gt earlier so I can finally play Crysis haha.

[quote name='MysterD']There will be an expansion #2 for Galac Civ 2, as well.
It will be titled Galactic Civilization 2: Twilight of Arnor.

I wouldn't be surprised if Stardock pumps out some Platinum Edition -- including Galac Civ 2, Dark Avatar, and Twilight of Arnor -- after Arnor is released.[/QUOTE]

So should I wait for that edition and return GC2: DL that is on sale at CC?

I got:
Company of Heroes (Normal Base Edition)
Fable
BFME II
BFME II Expansion
KOTOR

I am so glad I found these cheap. I think I purged myself of the last few games I pirated in the previous years. Finally I paid for the games, which I should have done in the first place. Thanks OP. I am going back to get a few more. BF 2142, Silverfall, SW Galaxies Pack...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back