PC Gamer or CGW?

moe11888

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I was wondering what people like more, PC Gamer or CGW? I want to get subscription, but only to one of them, so which is better?

I get a free sub to CGW, so I've never tried out PC Gamer.

CGW is a great mag, though, with lots of good hardware and gaming reviews.

I had a subscription to both a few years ago and CGW just didn't seem to be as interesting as PC Gamer in general. I don't recall agreeing with CGW's reviews as much as PC Gamer's but the final nail in the coffin for CGW was that they printed "review apologies" for certain games they reviewed highly then I guessed changed their mind about? That, to me, showed a total lack of integrity. I know some people love to point at reviewers and say they're payed off to give games good reviews and I hestitate to jump in on that...but really that's what it seemed like was going on for a while- it made the "apologies" seem more like an admission of guilt.

I'd say CGW. They're both pretty good mags, but I've read a lot more of CGW and I simply like it more than PC Gamer. It's informative, humorous, and very entertaining with great monthly features like Tom vs. Bruce.

This is sort of like when the doctor gives you the choice of ointment or suppositories. I've not been impressed by either magazine in a long time.

i've read pc gamer for maybe 2 years +, yet their more recent issues kinda suck. pc gamer used to have like maybe 100 pages plus and now they're half that. cgw has more stuff to read, but they review only a few games per issue. can't complain now that i'm getting cgw for free!

Don't really have a favorite, but I got the feeling that PC gamer gave more favorable reviews for games that they got "exclusive firsts" on (ie. Doom 3). Maybe CGW does this as well.

I haven't read a PC Gamer since 1996 or 1997, but those were some good issues back in the day. As for CGW, they're not bad. I voted PC Gamer though.

bread's done
Back