PC Games- Buy, Sell, or Trade Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAVE:

Battlefield Bad Company 2 EA Key (Does not work on Steam) Trade for Portal 2 or make Paypal offer
Defcon (serial number)
Left 4 Dead (L4D) Steam Gift
Virtua Tennis 4 Steam code ($20 or trade for Portal 2)

Backyard Basketball
Black & White Deluxe (Mint, Complete in Box)
Command & Conquer: Generals + Zero Hour
Command & Conquer: Red Alert + Counterstrike + The Aftermath
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 + Yuri's Revenge
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun + Firestorm
Die By the Sword (Org Jewel Case & Manual, no Box)
Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich (sealed)
Heretic II (Org Jewel Case, w/ manual?, no Box)
Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
Last Bronx (in jewel case with cover insert)
Penumbra: Black Plague (Excellent, Complete in Box)
Still Life (Near Mint, Complete in Box)
Strategy Games of the World ( Mancala, Nine Men's Morris, and Go-Moku Jewel case game)
Universe at War: Earth Assault (Mint/unused, Complete in Box)
X-Wing Alliance (Jewel Case with inserts)

WANT:

Paypal / Amazon Payments or Gift Cards

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare?
Call of Duty: World at War?
Dark Void Zero
Future Cop L.A.P.D. / LAPD?
Grim Fandango
Left 4 Dead 2
OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast
Portal 2
Post Mortem
Quest for Glory Collection
Sam & Max Hit the Road
Sam & Max Season Two
Still Life 2
The Neverhood

Last edited by a moderator:
Have:

Borderlands (physical copy) (sealed) - $10
The Elder Scrolls IV GOTY (physical copy) (sealed) - $23
The Witcher 2 Collector's Edition (new, crushed corner of CE box
img0703sd.jpg
Lid Crushed Corner, Bottom Crushed Corner, Together
) - $75 + actual shipping
will NOT include art book, dice set, or playing cards. Additional Pics of included contents: Game, Guide, + Bonus DVD & Audio Soundtrack, Exclusive PaperCraft Sets, DLC, and Stickers, Double-Sided Map (1), Double-Sided Map (2), Exclusive Reproduction of In-Game Coins (1), Exclusive In-Game Coins (2), Geralt Sculpture Front, Geralt Sculpture Side (1), Geralt Sculpture Side (2). Interior plastic/velvet housing torn during initial shipment (a common problem with this CE due to the weight of the Geralt sculpture); Geralt sculpture has several small instances of missing paint but otherwise has no damage (another common problem with this CE was broken sculptures) - I will wrap the sculpture with bubble-wrap to prevent damage during shipping
World of Warcraft Cataclysm Collector's Edition (mousepad, trading cards, soundtrack (sealed) & Bonus DVD (sealed))

Want:
:hot: higher want
:cold: less of a priority

Borderlands GOTY (physical copy)
Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition (physical copy)
Dragon Age 2 (physical copy) :cold:
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition
Fallout 3 GOTY (physical copy)
Mass Effect CE
Mass Effect 2 CE
NeverWinter Nights 2 Platinum Edition
The Witcher Enhanced Edition (also interested in the Collector's Edition Art Book)

Have:
Dirt 3 Steam Code
Want: Any of the following
STEAM --> Bulletstorm, Dead Rising II, Witcher 1, Resident Evil 5, Two Worlds II, Black Ops, FEAR3, Fallout NV:Old World Blues DLC, Dead Horde
Offers or Paypal.

Have
Dirt 3 (steam code)
Bad Company™2 SPECACT Kit Upgrades, EA Sports FIFA Manager 09, FIFA Soccer 10 and NFL Head Coach redeemable on EADM

Want
Black ops, Dungeon Siege III (steam), Dead Island, FEAR3 (steam), Starcraft II , Total war: Shogun 2 or games of similar value

Have:
Crysis: Warhead (Steam Gift-Link)

Want:
Jamestown (or since I don't think anybody will have it another steam/ea game i don't have yet)

Have

Mass Effect 2- Blood Dragon Armor COde (PC/360)

CHeck my trade list in my signature for things I might accept as a trade.

Have:
CML

Want:
Alan Wake DLC ALL OF THEM other than The Signal
Xbox 360, PSN, XBLA, PS3 games. Offer me anything other than DLC and avatar items.
Paypal/ Amazon
MS points or PSN points

PM me folks.

Have:
Dirt 3 (Steam redeemable key)
Resident Evil 5 (GFWL key)
Final Fantasy XIV Account

Want:
Paypal
Portal 2
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (SSFIV:AE)

Have:
Dirt 3 code (man doesn't everyone xD)

Want:
Steam offers (not looking for equal value, since I got this free, but please decent offers!)

1x Minecraft code!!

Have: Magicka Vietnam DLC steam code
Want: Humble Indie Bundle 3 gift

Have: Dirt 3 steam code (from some AMD voting contest)
Want: Renegade Ops steam code/gift

Have: Dirt 3 Steam key
Want: Renegade Ops or Chantelise (alternatively, $10 paypal since that's how much I paid for mine)

[quote name='atreyuevr']Wow... Seriously?... :imwithst:[/QUOTE]
Yes, seriously since some people got a TON of free codes from AMD and left a lot of us with nothing.

[quote name='gabb_']Yes, seriously since some people got a TON of free codes from AMD and left a lot of us with nothing.[/QUOTE]

Invite codes are not meant for profit. Recipients of the Dirt 3 code bought a product and received a promotional code in return. That's a fair deal, and those aren't meant for profit, but can be if they choose to give their copy of the game away.

What you're doing is essentially selling an invite code, which is not what Steamgifts.com had in mind, I'm sure. Why can't you just be a good patron and give the code away for free, or simply don't try to profit off of their business decision of making the site invite only, to start...

By the way, to any poor soul who actually trades their code to this person, the site DOES plan to make it free for all to register, eventually. My advice: sell the code for a $10-$15 profit or use it yourself. I wish I had an invite code just to prevent anyone from actually going through this with him/her... What a CAG...

[quote name='atreyuevr']Invite codes are not meant for profit. Recipients of the Dirt 3 code bought a product and received a promotional code in return. That's a fair deal, and those aren't meant for profit, but can be if they choose to give their copy of the game away. But what you're doing is essentially selling an invite code, which is not what Steamgifts.com had in mind, I'm sure. Why can't you just be a good patron and give the code away for free, or simply don't try to profit off of their business decision of making the site invite only, to start... By the way, to any poor soul who actually trades their code to this person, the site DOES plan to make it free for all to register. I wish I had an invite code to post here, just to prevent anyone from actually going through this with him/her... What a CAG...[/QUOTE]

To be fair, some people got the Dirt 3 code from a survey they could do via AMD Brazil, that's why you're seeing a whole bunch of Dirt 3 codes popping up for trade.

Have:
Star Trek Online w/ Borg Promo Items (redemption code)
Dogfighter (Steam gift)

Want:
Paypal
Steam wishlist game
League of Legends retail (be willing to offer more or straight-up Paypal)

Not looking for a ton in return.

[quote name='docvinh']To be fair, some people got the Dirt 3 code from a survey they could do via AMD Brazil, that's why you're seeing a whole bunch of Dirt 3 codes popping up for trade.[/QUOTE]

Understood, and noted. However, this doesn't change the fact that he/she is essentially selling an invite code, which is wrong.

[quote name='atreyuevr']understood, and noted. However, this doesn't change the fact that he's essentially selling an invite code, which is wrong.[/quote]
+1

[quote name='atreyuevr']Understood, and noted. However, this doesn't change the fact that he/she is essentially selling an invite code, which is wrong.[/QUOTE]

Eh, they both got them for free, I don't see what the problem is really. I probably wouldn't trade a game for an invite though, unless it was to the Playboy mansion or something.:)

Have:

PC Physical
Dead Space (serial from game can be redeemed on Origin for a digital copy)
Thief: The Dark Project (sealed jewel case)

Other
2x PSN $10 codes
Paypal

Want:

Trade offers
icon_smile.gif
(fair offers please, feel free to PM)
Paypal
Various games from GOG ($5.99 and $9.99 games)

Steam
Magic the Gathering: Duel of the Planeswalkers 2012
Chantelise

[quote name='docvinh']Eh, they both got them for free, I don't see what the problem is really. I probably wouldn't trade a game for an invite though, unless it was to the Playboy mansion or something.:)[/QUOTE]

Meh, I guess you're just missing the point. Not gonna try to explain myself, but at least Linster knows what I'm saying, and I'm sure the majority agrees.

[quote name='atreyuevr']Meh, I guess you're just missing the point. Not gonna try to explain myself, but at least Linster knows what I'm saying, and I'm sure the majority agrees.[/QUOTE]

I see what you're saying, I just don't see it as a big deal. It's not in the spirit of things to trade off a free invite, but people are going to do it regardless. Like I said, I don't think anyone is going to take him up on it anyway.

[quote name='docvinh']I see what you're saying, I just don't see it as a big deal. It's not in the spirit of things to trade off a free invite, but people are going to do it regardless. Like I said, I don't think anyone is going to take him up on it anyway.[/QUOTE]

I realize that people are going to do it anyway, my message was more of a forewarning for people who were looking at his offer. Nothing against you or him/her, I just find the whole trading of invite code immoral and wrong. To be honest I don't care if it accomplishes anything, at least I said something. Hopefully him/her won't do it, but if they do, kudos to he/she and the trader of Dirt 3.

Atryeuvr:

Like docvinh said, people got a ton of codes by answering a simple question on AMD's website and getting more than 1 code as it was really easy to register multiple accounts.

Is that not "immoral" to you? How about people selling those codes for $10 here at CAG? Yet you give ME grief for trading it for an invite. But those people selling / trading for Amazon GCs or XBox points for a free code, some of which these people may or may not have more than one of using the method I described, just did not happen to bother you?

So trading an invite for a game they got for free is worse in your eyes than SELLING a game they got for free? Very interesting.

Let's go a step back... what about the people that registered many times in order to get more than one code? That seems fine by you I guess. You even suggested yourself selling a FREE code.
But hey! Don't go and trade it for an invite because that is WRONG!

Interesting.

or MAYBE you just spoke too soon, without the complete facts and now you are just trying to sustain your original arguments because nobody likes to be inconsistent with their thoughts.
You say that Steamgifts did not have in mind "selling" invites. Well, first off, it would be trading an invite for something somebody else got for free as well. And if you're going to put up that moral and ethics flag, then I think AMD did not have in mind people registering multiple accounts or ACTUALLY selling the codes for money.

I might be a CAG, but you sir, actually suggested making a profit out of something people got for free.
Kudos for the double standard.

[quote name='gabb_']Atryeuvr:

Like docvinh said, people got a ton of codes by answering a simple question on AMD's website and getting more than 1 code as it was really easy to register multiple accounts.

Is that not "immoral" to you? How about people selling those codes for $10 here at CAG? Yet you give ME grief for trading it for an invite. But those people selling / trading for Amazon GCs or XBox points for a free code, some of which these people may or may not have more than one of using the method I described, just did not happen to bother you?

So trading an invite for a game they got for free is worse in your eyes than SELLING a game they got for free? Very interesting.

Let's go a step back... what about the people that registered many times in order to get more than one code? That seems fine by you I guess. You even suggested yourself selling a FREE code.

Interesting.[/QUOTE]

nice novel. anyways it doesnt really matter. no one is going to trade dirt 3 for your invite. while people are OFFERING to trade giftcards or paypal for Dirt codes. Theres nothing wrong with taking advantage of a good deal. this is CAG silly. also i have 3 codes.

[quote name='gabb_']Atryeuvr:

Interesting.

or MAYBE you just spoke too soon, without the complete facts and now you have to sustain your original arguments because nobody likes to be inconsistent with their thoughts.[/QUOTE]

It's not my job to impose my opinion on the entire internet community about selling invite codes, but CAGs are better than that. It's the material that you're selling that is the problem. No matter how they got the code, it still gives you Dirt 3 on Steam. You're selling an invite code that is supposed to be given to friends/family that you invite to the site, not to be sold or traded for another product... I'm done with this argument. You're in the wrong, good day to you.

[quote name='atreyuevr']It's not my job to impose my opinion on the entire internet community about selling invite codes, but CAGs are better than that. It's the material that you're selling that is the problem. No matter how they got the code, it still gives you Dirt 3 on Steam. You're selling an invite code that is supposed to be given to friends/family that you invite to the site, not to be sold or traded for another product... I'm done with this argument. You're in the wrong, good day to you.[/QUOTE]

Ah, that reminds me: On AMDs website it said it was fine to register multiple times and then sell those codes. Silly me.

Good day to you as well.

[quote name='mercenar1e']Have - $10 paypal

Want - Dirt 3

Have - Battlefield 3 Alpha

Want - ... offers[/QUOTE]

Wow you're paying a pretty penny for a free code.
I missed out on the Dirt 3 thing but the best I can offer is
a Starcraft 2 guest pass key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back