PC Help-Internet question, iTunes, Sig, Please help

erika1209

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
I have a couple of questions if anyone can help

1. I downloaded an audiobook from itunes but my iPod broke down and now i can only listen to the audiobook on my computer is there anyway i can put it on a cd or on my psp?

2 .I currently have time warner roadrunner high speed cable but i pay $45/month but i'm only home at night. I want to know more about the cards you can use on your notebook to use the internet anywhere. Are they as fast as high speed broadband or the speed compared to dial-up and which is a good one i have a plan with t-mobile, my mom has verizon, and my friend has sprint so i could get a card/plan with any of them

Oh man... don't tell me about Sony's software. We have a Sony DV cam it's really good but the transferring video from the camera to a computer is impossible with their software. I used Adobe Premiere trail but that's only a temp solution.

yeah sony's software is horrible and adobe premiere is more than $200 does anyone else know what other software i can use?

* Also i was finally able to burn a cd using the sony software (Picture Package) and it made a VCD? but when i click on it there's 4 folders: CDI, MPEGAV, SEGMENT, and VCD, all containing files i can't view.

Try Adobe Premier Elements. It should be like $70 to $90. It's a feature limited version of Premier. You can also get it in a bundle with Photoshop Elements. I think you get both for like $120 or somesuch.

Definetly find out if your camera has a FW output first though. If it's an analog camera, the software won't help as much. You would need to capture the info via some kind of tv card or DV box. But if you have a DV cam, you just plug it into FW and capture away.

Oh, you can also use Windows Movie Maker in WinXP to download & edit. It's free. (duh...should have thought of that earlier)

* Also i was finally able to burn a cd using the sony software (Picture Package) and it made a VCD? but when i click on it there's 4 folders: CDI, MPEGAV, SEGMENT, and VCD, all containing files i can't view.

A VCD is playable in many DVD players. On a computer, the easiest way to view it is to open the MPEGAV folder and open the .DAT file there using Windows Media Player. .DAT files on VCDs are really renamed MPG1 files (MPG2 on Super VCDs).

1. You need to go into your router's set-up page. Open up a browser and type the routers address (I think its 192.168.1.1 for Linksys). There should a tab or button called security. Go there and it should give you options to set up a secured connection using WEP, WPA and some others. Make sure to jot down the security code you use.

2. Do you mean an animated (moving) sig or just the way I have my entire sig layed out?

Thank you Vinny :)

But the WEP is a long key right? I want a short one like my password use to be 5 digits long but with the WEP its a lot longer. And a sig like yours

I'm not 100% sure but I think you can select from a any number of digits when using WEP... you can use 9 or 13, and a few more but I'm not sure.

As for my sig, it's basically like a flipbook. I made the pictures (using Photoshop) and then had a program turn them into an animated gif (ImageReady- comes with Photoshop). My sig is composed of 10 individual images.

bread's done
Back