(PC) Pre-Order Guncraft $10 ($5 off). Open Beta is also Live!

Darknuke

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
I know this is a shameless plug, since I am a part of the Guncraft team (don't know if the sig gave it away or not), but a deal is a deal.

We just launched our open beta and are offering a pre-order discount deal as well as special exclusive pre-order bonuses:

-DLC Pack 1: A TBD pack of DLC that may include weapons, texture packs, character skins, and/or weapon skins
-Cubetron Set: A tileset, character skin, and weapon skin (all in the picture)

So if you like the game, pre-order and help us out :).

www.exatogames.com/Guncraft

Big image, taken from our website, showcasing the pre-order content.
title5_1.png

Keep in mind the main minimum requirement is a DX10 card. If you don't have that, it won't play (we are working on optimization to possibly lower that in the future).

Registered for the beta and gave it a whirl. Is there any other single modes other than free play? I couldn't figure out how to use guns in freemode (can you?) MP was really laggy for me (slow internet, server far away). A single player bot mode would be great. And I get this is the beta so it might not have all the bells and whistles.

Constructive as possible, but the image on the front page is pretty dark and hard to see. Don't know if there's a way around that though since the free character pack is light based.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Registered for the beta and gave it a whirl. Is there any other single modes other than free play? I couldn't figure out how to use guns in freemode (can you?) MP was really laggy for me (slow internet, server far away). A single player bot mode would be great. And I get this is the beta so it might not have all the bells and whistles.

Constructive as possible, but the image on the front page is pretty dark and hard to see. Don't know if there's a way around that though since the free character pack is light based.[/QUOTE]

We are currently working on a "horde" type mode that will be playable singleplayer, but other than that, no. You can't use guns in free build because we found people were accidentally blowing up their maps or getting griefed.

It's tough to brighten up the main screen, because the darkness is supposed to amplify the light. Personally, our computers here show it fine. If you are on a laptop in some kind of battery-saving mode, it may have dimmed your monitor (or you just have low brightness settings). That said, all the important stuff is bright enough right (links and such)?

[quote name='Darknuke']We are currently working on a "horde" type mode that will be playable singleplayer, but other than that, no. You can't use guns in free build because we found people were accidentally blowing up their maps or getting griefed.

It's tough to brighten up the main screen, because the darkness is supposed to amplify the light. Personally, our computers here show it fine. If you are on a laptop in some kind of battery-saving mode, it may have dimmed your monitor (or you just have low brightness settings). That said, all the important stuff is bright enough right (links and such)?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I get it know, I wasn't looking at it right. I also played a round in the CubeTron stage and it looked pretty cool. I like the look and feel of the game, just have no clue what I'm doing. I run out of ammo in MP and have no clue how to get more. Also, where is the build mode? Or is there? Like before a round starts do we get to build things? Or do you get to build things in game? I couldn't figure out how to change weapons and build anything.

Lots of questions I guess, but it is beta. Some type of manual would be nice or FAQ and also will the final version be full screen compatible?

Lots of questions, I know, so thanks in advance for the answers.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yeah, I get it know, I wasn't looking at it right. I also played a round in the CubeTron stage and it looked pretty cool. I like the look and feel of the game, just have no clue what I'm doing. I run out of ammo in MP and have no clue how to get more. Also, where is the build mode? Or is there? Like before a round starts do we get to build things? Or do you get to build things in game? I couldn't figure out how to change weapons and build anything.

Lots of questions I guess, but it is beta. Some type of manual would be nice or FAQ and also will the final version be full screen compatible?

Lots of questions, I know, so thanks in advance for the answers.[/QUOTE]

There's a readme in the root folder for the game (program files/exato/guncraft), as well as download for it in the email you got with the client. That has all the controls.

You press "B" to go into build mode, then "Q" to switch to prefab mode (just like how "Q" switches weapons).

You can get more ammo by getting more money, which you acquire by mining blocks (right click in build mode). You get a base amount of ammo to start with, then after that's out, it costs money to reload.

[quote name='Darknuke']There's a readme in the root folder for the game (program files/exato/guncraft), as well as download for it in the email you got with the client. That has all the controls.

You press "B" to go into build mode, then "Q" to switch to prefab mode (just like how "Q" switches weapons).

You can get more ammo by getting more money, which you acquire by mining blocks (right click in build mode). You get a base amount of ammo to start with, then after that's out, it costs money to reload.[/QUOTE]

Ah, the readme answers most my questions. Gonna give it another go after this and probably pre order. Thanks.

I thought to give this a try buy for some reason the guncraft installer is considered a virus to my computer. Anyone else have this or have any thoughts on why?

So much constructive criticism here. Okay, you don't think it looks exciting. How about you actually play it and then offer feedback or ask questions? If you're not willing to then just move along without a word. As it stands, you're not contributing anything other than rudeness.

[quote name='Whinterfell']I thought to give this a try buy for some reason the guncraft installer is considered a virus to my computer. Anyone else have this or have any thoughts on why?[/QUOTE]

We've been having troubles with false positives showing up. We've contacted Norton and McAfee and they said, on their updated versions, that it doesn't show up. So maybe update your virus software and it should go away.

[quote name='SlightlyOffTrack']So much constructive criticism here. Okay, you don't think it looks exciting. How about you actually play it and then offer feedback or ask questions? If you're not willing to then just move along without a word. As it stands, you're not contributing anything other than rudeness.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the backup :)

[quote name='joeyshadows']Played it for a bit yesterday, but the matches I was in were really laggy. Might try again today.[/QUOTE]

We currently have no way of telling who's in what country, so lag is probable since everyone mixes together. Just keep an eye on the ping and join the server with the lowest.

[quote name='SlightlyOffTrack']So much constructive criticism here. Okay, you don't think it looks exciting. How about you actually play it and then offer feedback or ask questions? If you're not willing to then just move along without a word. As it stands, you're not contributing anything other than rudeness.[/QUOTE]

well, i mean...me thinking that something doesn't look good isn't really rude. You being a jerk about me having an opinion other the other hand...is kind of rude. I'm sorry you don't like my opinion.

bread's done
Back