PC Software for 25 cents at EB (YMMV)...

josekortez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
This may have already been posted before, but I got a few PC titles at EB Games B&M for 25 cents each yesterday. They included Sim City 2000, Sim City 3000, Sim Coaster, NASCAR 2002, and F1 2001. I also got the Atari Classics PC game for 0.01. :shock: The manager told me that if they were in jewel cases on the turning rack near the PC section, they counted for that sale. I'm not quite sure if it's YMMV because no other EB stores near me carry any PC software in the jewel cases.

This has been going on for awhile, but if you're really lucky there might still be copies of American McGee's "Alice" in stock. Fun little game and can't beat getting it for $0.25.

My eb had the 4 for $1 pc software sale also. But it was only applicable on pc software already marked down to .79 and .49. So the only thing that was there was crap like make your own resume and 101 cliparts.

[quote name='crucify']This has been going on for awhile, but if you're really lucky there might still be copies of American McGee's "Alice" in stock. Fun little game and can't beat getting it for $0.25.[/quote]

I seocond that, I'm amazed how well that game has held up over the last few years and I really hope they make the wizard of Oz sequel they keep delaying.

[quote name='dcfox']My eb had the 4 for $1 pc software sale also. But it was only applicable on pc software already marked down to .79 and .49. So the only thing that was there was crap like make your own resume and 101 cliparts.[/quote]

Are you sure about that? At the one here everything rang up at the normal prices until they hit the key to come up with the total for the final sale and then it was all adjusted down to $0.25 each.

(Wound up picking up Sim City 3000 & 5 various older Star Wars games: Dark Forces, Rebel Strike II, Force Commander, Battle for Naboo, and Starfighter)

As Master Shake might say...
This is the shiz-nite!

2x Alice
SW: Battle for Naboo
SW: Starfighter
4x Sim City 3k
2x F-22 Lightning 3
2x C&C Tiberian Sun
C&C Red Alert
2x Shogun Total War w/ Expansion

Total: $3.75!

Wow, these are some really good deals. I've always seen those Star Wars games at my local EB, but are they worth getting? I'm not too sure, but maybe you guys can give me some opinions. If anything, I'll just pick them up because they're only 25 cents each, but I really don't feel like buying bad games.

They're 25 cents. A lot of those star wars games frankly suck. But they're 25 cents!

If you can find these, get Shogun and Alice and you can't go wrong.

Hopefully I can find anything, but Shogun, Alice, and Red Alert are the main ones I'm looking for. I already have Sim City 3000 and Tiberian Sun, so I don't need to buy those games again. Also, look out for the Monkey Island games because the price probably dropped for them too. I bought Escape From Monkey Island and Curse of Monkey Island a few months ago for $5 each and they still had 3-4 copies of each game left, so maybe you can get lucky at your store.

[quote name='FunkSoulBrother']Does anyone know if this deal is still going on?[/quote]

Yup, its still going on, however the stocks instore are dwindling. One EB I went to was cleared out last week (tho they mostly only had the 2001 EA sports titles left.

You can still find some deals, but they are getting fewer and farther between.

I even checked with some suburban EB B&M's and a couple were not aware of any such 25 cent sale and did not have any stock for them. Whereas another EB while they did not have any new jewel case games for 25cents, did have a bin of "Family" pre-owned games going for 25cents.

I saw No ONe Lives Forever in that bin, marked for 99 cents but apparently they would honor the 25 cent price.

So its still a big YMMV as to the specific deals you can find.

good luck

[quote name='borg20001'][quote name='FunkSoulBrother']Does anyone know if this deal is still going on?[/quote]

Yup, its still going on, however the stocks instore are dwindling. One EB I went to was cleared out last week (tho they mostly only had the 2001 EA sports titles left.

You can still find some deals, but they are getting fewer and farther between.

I even checked with some suburban EB B&M's and a couple were not aware of any such 25 cent sale and did not have any stock for them. Whereas another EB while they did not have any new jewel case games for 25cents, did have a bin of "Family" pre-owned games going for 25cents.

I saw No ONe Lives Forever in that bin, marked for 99 cents but apparently they would honor the 25 cent price.

So its still a big YMMV as to the specific deals you can find.

good luck[/quote]

Thanks for the information. My local EB used to have a bin with jewel case games, but it was replaced with a clearance bin full of toys. Is there a chance that they would have any jewel case games in the stock room or something?

[quote name='FunkSoulBrother']
Thanks for the information. My local EB used to have a bin with jewel case games, but it was replaced with a clearance bin full of toys. Is there a chance that they would have any jewel case games in the stock room or something?[/quote]

I think that would be at the discretion of each store. For example with the strategy guides, some stores clean them out, others leave them out and still another store puts the old guides in the back. This could be the case with the 25 cent jewel case games. The only way to be sure is to stop in the B&M and ask one of the sales clerks.

My local EB (Fairfield Commons Mall, Beavercreek, OH) had them for $0.25 ea.

Picked up:
Alice
C&C: Red Alert Arsenal Pack
Star Wars: Jedi Knight
Total Annihilation: Kingdoms.

Among the other games available:
Old EA Sports titles, mostly '01 IIRC
Alice
Star Wars: Battle for Naboo, Rebel Alliance II
SimCity 2000/3000

That's all I can remember now

bread's done