PC Team Fortress 2 *Free*

[quote name='Opopanax']I'm still playing the 360 version, this is going to be like moving to the big city[/QUOTE]

Wow, people still play that version?

I'm curious to see how you'll adjust to the change. I remember taking a few years from the PC version and being startled by how much it had changed, and I had at least been playing since the Soldier/Demo update.

The Steam download is 10gigs. So I'm guessing there is a lot more to the PC version? You can't even fit that on a DVD and the Orange Box has 4 other games on it.

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']The Steam download is 10gigs. So I'm guessing there is a lot more to the PC version? You can't even fit that on a DVD and the Orange Box has 4 other games on it.[/QUOTE]

PC Retail Orange box is 2 DVDs, and the Half-Life games share a lot of assets.

Still need to download 1.6 GB to get TF2 up to date.

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']The Steam download is 10gigs. So I'm guessing there is a lot more to the PC version? You can't even fit that on a DVD and the Orange Box has 4 other games on it.[/QUOTE]Well, the 360 version has 6 maps, all the original balancing and loadouts for the classes and 16 player limits.

You get 35 additional maps in the PC version, 32 player servers, and a slew of different weapon alternates for each class that radically change how they play.

For example the Engineer could originally only have a regular sentry and upgrade it to level 3. Now the Engineer can pop off mini-sentries, they can upgrade teleporters and dispensers to level 3, they have an item that allows them to manually control their sentry, and they can also pick up and reposition their buildings after they've been made.

Or the Soldier, for instance, has his regular 4 shot rocket launcher. He has another one that shoots rockets super fast and are more damaging but has almost no splash damage. Another rocket launcher has 3 shots but gives you 15 health for every hit you land. And the one that was released yesterday lets you shoot faster than the regular RL but slower than the one mentioned earlier but it retains its regular damage and full splash damage and carries 3 shots.

And then there were tweaks to existing things, like the Pyro originally didn't have an airblast, but that was added down the line in the PC version that allowed the flamethrower to blow away grenades, rockets, sticky grenades, and enemies.

Yeah, the game is orders of magnitude different than what it was released as in 2007.

Man TF2's community is PISSED.

Well half of them anyway. The other half are actually intelligent, nice people who are looking forward to having more people to shoot repeatedly in the face.

I have the Orange Box on Steam and Xbox 360, though I haven't touched TF2 in a loooong time. It's probably a whole different game now, lol.

bread's done
Back