Peggle for $2.50. PC or Mac.

Is it normal to be awful at this game? I mean, I've played games my whole life. I downloaded the free demo on Steam to check this game out a little while back. And it seemed like I was just luckily getting through the stages. Couldn't seem to get a good feel for the physics.

[quote name='Grinchy']Is it normal to be awful at this game? I mean, I've played games my whole life. I downloaded the free demo on Steam to check this game out a little while back. And it seemed like I was just luckily getting through the stages. Couldn't seem to get a good feel for the physics.[/QUOTE]

Peggle is awesome, I got it on steam durring the xmas sale. And I have the ipod version and I'm sure to get the xbox 360 version when it comes out.

It seems like it's 50% luck 50% skill to me. If you play the computer in expert mode it seems to own your ass. So I'm willing to say that there must be some skill involved.

I'm decent at this game.

Awesome! I was kicking myself for not biting when it $5 on Steam a few months ago. I shall kick no more. :D

What kind of license do they use? I can see this being great for my netbook to kill time, does it use some sort of activation, or can I install on more than one PC (Steam-ish) or...?

(sorry for the noob question, never bought from Popcap and couldn't tell looking around the site)

[quote name='Justin42']What kind of license do they use? I can see this being great for my netbook to kill time, does it use some sort of activation, or can I install on more than one PC (Steam-ish) or...?

(sorry for the noob question, never bought from Popcap and couldn't tell looking around the site)[/quote]

From their FAQs:

What do I have to do to register or unlock my game? When you download a game from our site, you receive either a Timed Trial or "Level Locked" version of the game. This allows you to try the game in your own time, either within an hour trial or up to the first 3 levels of a game and decide if you would like to purchase the full version of the game.
If you do decide to purchase the game, you will receive an order confirmation email containing an Order Number or Registration Key which allows you to register or unlock the game and play the full version. We explain how to register or "unlock" the game below.
When you purchase one of our games, you receive 5 "licenses" which means you can reinstall the game up to 5 times. This is useful if you have more than one PC, reformat or replace your current PC.

What happens if I use up all of my licenses?
We can issue some more! We treat this on a case by case basis, and reserve the right to do so. If you require more licenses due to a problem registering your game or due to repeated system formatting, please click here to contact our Customer Support team and they will review your case.

should on get this for my mac or wait for it on my 360 or both?? never played but everybody loves it. plus this game would be good for the girlfriend huh?

i am not sure if i should buy this. i was either planning on buying on live or iphone this month. do you guys think i should jump on this or wait?

[quote name='mbeno13']i am not sure if i should buy this. i was either planning on buying on live or iphone this month. do you guys think i should jump on this or wait?[/QUOTE]

It's $2.50.... live a little. You can't feel guilty about $2.50.

[quote name='jamezuva']this game is a NO BRAINER at $5 let alone $2.50[/QUOTE]

True enough. Now I have it for three computers (home, laptop, office) and ipod. And I'm sure I'll still buy it on XBLA. It's a silly little game, but it's still a lot of fun and beats the hell out of all the jewel-matching download games that are so prevalent everywhere.

[quote name='Machikunas']Popcap has Peggle on sale for $5. Use the coupon code blitz1 to get 50% off anything on their site, making it $2.50.

Fun stuff.

PC: http://popcap.com/games/peggle/?icid=peggle_HP_DL_2_8_19_08_en

Mac: http://www.popcap.com/games/mac/peggle

edit:
You get a license for 5 installations for the $2.50. Just installed it on my pc, my wife's mac, and my buddy's pc with no hitches.
transparent_pixel.gif

[/quote]

Cheers for the share OP!

Saint

You gotta remember this is cheap ass gamer. I am def going to buy this and then if I like it will get it on my iphone when it comes out.

[quote name='Machikunas']Popcap has Peggle on sale for $5. Use the coupon code blitz1 to get 50% off anything on their site, making it $2.50.

[/quote]

Thanks for the coupon code. I've been looking to get Peggle Nights and for $10, I'm all over that as I played Peggle to death.

[quote name='Grinchy']Is it normal to be awful at this game? I mean, I've played games my whole life. I downloaded the free demo on Steam to check this game out a little while back. And it seemed like I was just luckily getting through the stages. Couldn't seem to get a good feel for the physics.[/QUOTE]

That's normal. Once you figure out what gives you bonuses and multipliers as well as how to take advantage of the characters powers, you'll be much better. Doing the challenges helped me a lot.

Great deal, thanks. Even works on the just-released Peggle Nights. I definitely want to snag Peggle, but now I have to think if I want to pay an extra $10 for Nights, as well.

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']Great deal, thanks. Even works on the just-released Peggle Nights. I definitely want to snag Peggle, but now I have to think if I want to pay an extra $10 for Nights, as well.[/quote]

If this helps push you to purchase: When I got Peggle into my shopping cart they were offering a Peggle/Nights combo pack for $20, so if the code works on that you could get both for $10. That's only an extra $7.50 for Nights.

Personally I'm gonna wait on Nights. It's definitely worth it, but Peggle and all my other games will keep me busy for a while. Maybe by the time I decide I need Nights they will have it for $2.50 as well. :)

Any idea if their licenses are tied to platform?

it'd be a little extra bonus if I could use it on both my mac and pc

Edit: read through the rest of the thread and checked the faq. Seems the answer would be no.
I'll still check it out and see if it's worth it to me.

[quote name='mbeno13']You gotta remember this is cheap ass gamer. I am def going to buy this and then if I like it will get it on my iphone when it comes out.[/quote]

Steam has Peggle Extreme for free. You could try it out that way, or the free demo. Then you can decide if you want to wait to get it only for your iphone.

[quote name='PhaserBait']If this helps push you to purchase: When I got Peggle into my shopping cart they were offering a Peggle/Nights combo pack for $20, so if the code works on that you could get both for $10. That's only an extra $7.50 for Nights.[/quote]

Just tried it:

We're sorry but this code is not valid for your current order. It may be expired or invalid for the items in your cart.

[quote name='blue ocarina']Any idea if their licenses are tied to platform?

it'd be a little extra bonus if I could use it on both my mac and pc

Edit: read through the rest of the thread and checked the faq. Seems the answer would be no.
I'll still check it out and see if it's worth it to me.[/QUOTE]

I installed it on both a mac and pc with just one purchase.

[quote name='mrfreeziexp']I've never heard of Peggle before.. Is it any good? Is it best on the PC? THanks[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's fun. You can get a trial version from the link in the op if you want to check it out first. I doubt many people will regret spending $2.50 on it.

[quote name='Machikunas']I installed it on both a mac and pc with just one purchase.[/quote]

Interesting, from what I read on their FAQ it sounded like that wasn't possible.
I enjoyed it enough to buy it regardless, I'll give it a shot.

[quote name='blue ocarina']Interesting, from what I read on their FAQ it sounded like that wasn't possible.
I enjoyed it enough to buy it regardless, I'll give it a shot.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we had to download the mac version to the mac, and didn't expect it to work because the receipt said "pc" clearly on it. We just entered the key and went through the motions anyway and it worked on both of the pc and the mac.

This deal is INSANE. Makes me wish I didn't already have Peggle & Peggle Nights for PC, and Peggle for iPod.

[quote name='Ionotropic']This is a pretty sweet deal. Trying to decide whether to get it for PC or Mac.[/QUOTE]

You don't have to decide. One key will work for both installations.

[quote name='Ionotropic']so just to be clear, did u download the PC version or the mac version?[/QUOTE]

I bought the PC version, but then used the key they gave me for that, both in the pc version, and in the mac version.

[quote name='Machikunas']I bought the PC version, but then used the key they gave me for that, both in the pc version, and in the mac version.[/quote]
Sweet. I got mac and then did the PC version.

I had never bothered to play this before. Man do I like it! The art is somewhat uncool but who cares when it's so fun and easy to play? $2.50 is a great price; anyone sitting on the fence should get it.

[quote name='eastx']I had never bothered to play this before. Man do I like it! The art is somewhat uncool but who cares when it's so fun and easy to play? $2.50 is a great price; anyone sitting on the fence should get it.[/quote]

You're right, needs more bald space marines grunting.

Thanks OP. Definitely worth $5 and then with the coupon code it's awesome! Peggle is a way to travel into the future. Simply start playing, blink and an hour has disappeared.

[quote name='Vegan']You're right, needs more bald space marines grunting.[/QUOTE]

If you dislike space marines then I would venture to say yes, videogames need a lot more of them.

bread's done
Back