Pelican protectors..

Sartori

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
See, I have this issue. I bought some Pelican DS Screen Protectors the other day.

Okay, so I apply the top screen protector, then the bottom. I'm not particularly pleased with the visual result on the bottom screen, so I decide I'll take it off and return it to Best Buy.

So after a small hassle, the bottom is fairly easily removed. Then I try removing the top one. No dice! That thing's stuck for life and won't remove for any effort I put forth. I fear if I try any harder, it'll just rip my screen.

I've called Pelican, who only uses automated voicemail, and I did receive a call back from some lady who didn't speak very good English. She then told me to send it back and I stuttered "er, the entire DS? It's .. on the DS." at that point she finally understood and said she'd have a tech call me back within the hour.

Never happened. Few days later I called back and left another message.

Zoom a week. No response, I leave ANOTHER message.

Nothing.

Gettting angrier and angrier at this shitty company. I'm beginning to think the only solution is to take a detour this year at E3 to Vernon and kick their asses.

I'm really not sure what to do here, suggestions?

Please no flames (no pun intended) but you might want to try heating the surface a bit either by hand or very lightly with a blowdryer on low heat setting. That might loosen up the adhesive enough to be able to pull the sheet off the screen. I always thought these protectors were of the cling variety. I guess not.

[quote name='bob330i']Please no flames (no pun intended) but you might want to try heating the surface a bit either by hand or very lightly with a blowdryer on low heat setting. That might loosen up the adhesive enough to be able to pull the sheet off the screen. I always thought these protectors were of the cling variety. I guess not.[/quote]

Yeah you will be surprised what a little heat can do too adhesives. Get a pair of tweezers or something to the size and try to pull that sucker out or get a suction cup to pull the screen off after you loosened it enough.

I got it off with my fingers because there was a huge piece of dust under it. The glue leftover on the ds will take some fingernail polish remover to get it off, and it ended up discoloring my ds around the screen. Don't buy pelican protectors!

Microwave it....

No seriously that sucks good thing I didnt buy those damn things. I would take a blow dryer and try that... Or if you have a good iron witha staem button? I dont know about the iron idea but it might work.

I bought these but didn't apply them because of stories like this. I actually bought them though more for the fiber-free cloth because it cleans up the screen real nice. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I also had the same problem. I got mine off using my fingernail...it was a pain, but it came off! The top protector kept touching the screen, making this funky mark. The glue that was left was also a pain to get off. The only redeeming thing was the cloth it came with.

[quote name='Sancho1978']I also had the same problem. I got mine off using my fingernail...it was a pain, but it came off! The top protector kept touching the screen, making this funky mark. The glue that was left was also a pain to get off. The only redeeming thing was the cloth it came with.[/quote]
Hey, the game cases are pretty good too. But I concur. The screen protectors are shaq-fu'd up. Don't BUY THEM!

Sounds like I'm going to pester Pelican more in an attempt to avoid damaging my system, because then I'm getting help from no one.

I was able to remove the top screen protector. I don't mind the bottom one being clouded a bit with the protector, because much of the time it's for the stylus anyway.

if you can get a small corner off, you can then use the card provided by them to sort of lift the thing up little by little. you can also get some help with goo gone.

bread's done
Back