Penny Arcade Expo 2007 Registration Open. Are YOU going?

Walt Jay

CAGiversary!
Feedback
174 (100%)
Penny Arcade Expo, Seattle WA, August 24th through 26th
http://www.pennyarcadeexpo.com/index.php

According to Next-Gen.biz, PAX is going to be 2x as large as last years.
http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4622&Itemid=2

The videogame fan-centric Penny Arcade Expo 2007 will be moving to a new locale with double the floorspace and many more attendees than last year; pre-registration now open.
“We conservatively expect 30,000 hardcore gamers in Seattle this summer, making us the fastest- growing and largest gamer festival in North America,” Robert Khoo of Penny Arcade said in a statement. “Exhibitors and attendees keep spreading the word about PAX; it's amazing, but attendance doubles each year.”

The fourth annual PAX will be held August 24-26 at the Washington State Trade and Convention Center, where it will enjoy more than double the floorspace of previous years with 200,000 square feet of room.

The convention will feature soon-to-be-released games products, tournaments, concerts and contests.

Registration is now open at PAX’s official website. A three-day early-bird pass purchased before March 31 goes for $40 and at-the-door pricing is $50 for three days.

Since I never got to go to E3, I thought this might be a worthwhile event to attend.

So the question is, who's going? :hot:

$40 to attend one of the larger assemblings of annoying game-nerds known to man?

Yeah, I'll go if I get a free pass :)

If I didn't live in the Southeast instead of the Northwest, I might go. Then again I have a phobia about those tabletop rpg people. Some of them are scary :(

Seriously though, I can't believe it's the fourth year of PAX already. I picked up the PA books 2 for 1 when my local waldenbooks closed for some early years nostalgia. Amazing how far the guys have come and great that they can offer something like PAX to give the average gamer access to what journalists and insiders have been privy to for years.

bread's done
Back