Penny Arcade: OTRSPOD Ep 1&2

ultrapimp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (95%)
I bought these on PSN for $2.99 when they were on sale. gotta say, I absolutely Love them. Theyre like old school RPG Meets HD sort of. They Had a Real Sam&Max/Maniac Mansion feel to them. the combat is great, however, on insane mode for Ep 2 it can sometimes be a little difficult blocking attacks from mobs. I beat them both once, working on my second time go for ep 2 on insane mode atm, will retry ep 1 when i finish if final fantasy 13 doesnt distract me again!

Those british inner monologue sequences take entirely waaaaay to long. And that fucking cat doesn't do shit. lol.

[quote name='GTmaster39']Those british inner monologue sequences take entirely waaaaay to long. And that fucking cat doesn't do shit. lol.[/QUOTE]
most of the time. i just used the cat and he destroyed. I was surprised.

My only problem (and I'm not far. I'm fighting garbage in Ep 1) is that it moves a bit too fast for a game with such a light tutorial. I would not have minded if it was actually full stop turn-based b/c the text is JUST hard enough for me to read it takes time for me to figure out what everything is and how it works.

For instance I'm trying to fight some FF(robots) and they keep speeding up so i figure in my inventory I'd try to find my slow down item but i haven't memorized them so i have to read and while I'm reading I have to keep an eye on the enemies which keep attacking and I have to time blocking which is tricky. Last session i figured out how to do the combo ultra attacks and I think i figure out how to charge ultra attacks. So I'm a bit annoyed there doesn't seem to be any way to charge without sitting there and waiting while bots get 2-3 attacks in.

I could go on for a bit longer but it all sums up with the game is just a tad too fast for me. I still like it and I'll definitely be going thru it and episode 2.

bread's done
Back