Penny Guides at BestBuy.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got DOA:U, Crash Twinsanity, Increadibles, TMNT2, NBA Live 2005. $.05 in-store pick upi, hell no I was not spending $5.00 per book to ship, thanks a lot OP!

[quote name='darkwingduck13']Crap, the manager tried to deny you after you paid for them online and went to pick them up? Are you serious? :O[/quote]

thats actually a breach of contract and they could get in some serious trouble for it

I just want to say thanks for people posting the .01 guides at Best Buy. They had everything on this list but they were still marked at full price so no one had picked up any yet. I'm a little ticked at myself though cause I missed picking up Smackdown vs. Raw (which I wanted the most) and didn't realize it until I was almost home.

Sh*t, I didn't check the CAG at work so I didn't know about this!!!! Drove right past BB . . . can't go back until tomorrow.

I did pop into GS and found a like-new (marked used) Star Ocean guide for $1.98 . . . none others though.

Did someone clean out my BB and dump them at GS???

Just got back from the BB here in Onalaska, WI. I got all the guides I ordered online and scheduled for instore pickup.
I only found 1 from the list on the shelf yet (Star Wars Battlefront) and it rang up at 1 cent.
For 8 cents total, I got:
Star Wars Battlefront x2
DOA Ultimate
NBA Live 05
Crash Twinsanity
The Incredibles
Smackdown vs. Raw
TMNT 2

Awesome deal OP!

[quote name='darkwingduck13']Crap, the manager tried to deny you after you paid for them online and went to pick them up? Are you serious? :O[/quote]

yeap its true i still have the paper with the manager sig on it says

ALLOW 1 CANCELL THE OTHER 2. If Buyer has any questions tell them to SEE ME!!!!! and the name of the Manager

that is even how it was wrote out

The last penny guide markdown at BB (that included like Onimsuha 3, Silent Hill 4, Final Fantasy XI), nobody ever bought them at my local BB. I know all the active Portland CAGers and they don't seem to go there. AFter several weeks of getting two of the first ones in my first visit and left like 2 of the ramining, I went back and they were ALL still there. I'm going to try to go to mine tomorrow and will be trading my spares to CAGers.

[quote name='slidecage'][quote name='darkwingduck13']Crap, the manager tried to deny you after you paid for them online and went to pick them up? Are you serious? :O[/quote]

ALLOW 1 CANCELL THE OTHER 2. If Buyer has any questions tell them to SEE ME!!!!! and the name of the Manager

that is even how it was wrote out[/quote]

Sounds like the typical dick Best Buy manager. I miss the days of working for these people.

Got my pick-up confirmation for my DOA:U and Smackdown Vs. Raw guides, ordered one of each. Had to call Bestbuy.com to change stores since the first one didn't have the guides.

Crap, I went out this morning before AC5, R&C:UYA, and Pikmin 2 were posted. :( Not sure if my store has them or not, but not gonna go back to find out tonight. If anyone got any spares of these, PM me - I got spares of DOA, the wrestling game, The Incredibles, and Crash.

[quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='slidecage'][quote name='darkwingduck13']Crap, the manager tried to deny you after you paid for them online and went to pick them up? Are you serious? :O[/quote]

Sounds like the typical dick Best Buy manager. I miss the days of working for these people.[/quote]
Wow, you must have worked at a cruel BB, All of the managers in my BB are awesome!!

[quote name='tornadomann'][quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='slidecage'][quote name='darkwingduck13']Crap, the manager tried to deny you after you paid for them online and went to pick them up? Are you serious? :O[/quote]

Sounds like the typical dick Best Buy manager. I miss the days of working for these people.[/quote]
Wow, you must have worked at a cruel BB, All of the managers in my BB are awesome!![/quote]

We HAD a cool manager when I started. Then he got transfered and the rest of the managers, including the new GM turned evil.

[quote name='slidecage']
6x NBA LIVE 2005 Guides
6x INCREADABLES
1 Smackdown vs raw
[/quote]

[quote name='yeldarb367']
WWE Smackdown x3
The Incredibles x3
NBA Live 2005 x3
DOA U x3
[/quote]

Why do you guys need more than one copy of these guides? I mean, I know they're a penny, but all the guides I've ever had just sit in my house and gather dust.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']
Why do you guys need more than one copy of these guides? I mean, I know they're a penny, but all the guides I've ever had just sit in my house and gather dust.[/quote]

They're nearly impossible to sell. I just threw out a stack of duplicates.

This run I just picked up guides that I thought I might need later.

Personally, I only pick up dupes for people that I definitely know want one such as friends, family, employees, and fellow CAGers. Sometimes, I pick up dupes of RPG guides hoping they get rare like the FF Tactics or Disgaea guide.

Just picked up an extra Star Ocean guide, and can probably get others.

I'd trade it for Kingdom Hearts, FFX or Zelda Link to the Past, but I recognize that those haven't been pennied much so I don't know if anyone would be willing to trade

[quote name='judyjudyjudy'][quote name='slidecage']
6x NBA LIVE 2005 Guides
6x INCREADABLES
1 Smackdown vs raw
[/quote]

WWE Smackdown x3
The Incredibles x3
NBA Live 2005 x3
DOA U x3
[/quote]

Why do you guys need more than one copy of these guides? I mean, I know they're a penny, but all the guides I've ever had just sit in my house and gather dust.[/quote]

They are good for trading. I've traded quite a few and sometimes one you don't think anyone would want is wanted by someone.

Take a 1 cent guide (or 50 cents) add $2 postage and you get a different guide.

I'm still going to look at my store tomorrow, but take a look at my tradelist:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46303

I'm looking for Pikmin 2, Up Your Arsenal, and Psi Ops guides.

[quote name='lordopus99']Personally, I only pick up dupes for people that I definitely know want one such as friends, family, employees, and fellow CAGers. Sometimes, I pick up dupes of RPG guides hoping they get rare like the FF Tactics or Disgaea guide.[/quote]

I get that, but multiples of the Incredibles? (btw, I'm amused at how many people in this thread can't seem to spell that :) )

trade/give the extras away. It doesnt really make sense to stock up on penny guides, bc i have no space for them. But ones like star ocean 3rd are easy to trade for ones I want(picked up a couple of those and they are already traded)

When I stopped by the BB in Maple Grove, MN, I saw an employee pulling all six copies of Star Ocean (the only guide that I really wanted) and a bunch of other 1-cent guides such as Ace Combat 5, The Incredibles, DOA:U, WWE vs. RAW, TMNT, etc. off the shelves. I asked him why he would not sell the Star Ocean guide to me because technically, I could have bought the guide from bestbuy.com for 1 penny and then pick it up at his store and the guy, after calling his manager, said that it would not work because they have to ship all 1-penny guides back and could not honor my online purchase. Damn!!! I guess some BB's around the Twin Cities area still adhere to the policy of not selling 1-penny guides.

[quote name='kkt']When I stopped by the BB in Maple Grove, MN, I saw an employee pulling all six copies of Star Ocean (the only guide that I really wanted) and a bunch of other 1-cent guides such as Ace Combat 5, The Incredibles, DOA:U, WWE vs. RAW, TMNT, etc. off the shelves. I asked him why he would not sell the Star Ocean guide to me because technically, I could have bought the guide from bestbuy.com for 1 penny and then pick it up at his store and the guy, after calling his manager, said that it would not work because they have to ship all 1-penny guides back and could not honor my online purchase. Damn!!! I guess some BB's around the Twin Cities area still adhere to the policy of not selling 1-penny guides.[/quote]

Make a trip up to St. Cloud, they're more than happy to unload all they're penny guides up here. That and the fact that they have every single guide on the list instock.

[quote name='kkt']When I stopped by the BB in Maple Grove, MN, I saw an employee pulling all six copies of Star Ocean (the only guide that I really wanted) and a bunch of other 1-cent guides such as Ace Combat 5, The Incredibles, DOA:U, WWE vs. RAW, TMNT, etc. off the shelves. I asked him why he would not sell the Star Ocean guide to me because technically, I could have bought the guide from bestbuy.com for 1 penny and then pick it up at his store and the guy, after calling his manager, said that it would not work because they have to ship all 1-penny guides back and could not honor my online purchase. Damn!!! I guess some BB's around the Twin Cities area still adhere to the policy of not selling 1-penny guides.[/quote]

That's the exact same line I get from management here, too. You should have seen the fuss I had to raise to get a Silent Hill 4 guide that they missed pulling a month or so back. I assume the entire staff of our Best Buy hates me now. Woohoo!

What a surprise.... I get an email from best buy saying all 4 of the guides that were supposedly in stock, actually aren't. Oh well I just wanted the guides to trade for a FF-X2 guide anyways, so no big loss. But a big F U to Best Buy none the less.

I've got lots of guides for trade!

Any 2 (YES 2 except for Star Ocean) of my guides for the ones I'm
looking for!

For trade:
1 Star Ocean guide ( This one only for one of yours!)
1 Dead or Alive Ultimate
1 Pimkin 2
1 Smackdown vs Raw
1 Maxpayne 2
3 Manhut
1 Super Mario Advance 4 (SMB 3)
1 Sonic DX
1 Jak 2
1 Need for Speed Underground 1
2 Mario Kart DD
1 Tomb Raider AOD
2 F-zero
2 XIII
2 True Crime SOLA
1 Sims Busting out
1 Yu Gi Oh Sacred cards
2 Medal of Honor rising Sun

WANTED:

Burnout 3
Star Wars Battlefront
Spiderman 2
Van Hesling
Bujinai
Fire Emblem

Got something else? Make me an offer. For my newer
guides I'll want something from my wanted list. Otherwise
I want to get rid of these others... so 2 for 1 people!
I mail everything media mail from the Los Angeles Area.
I may be able to get more of the new BB guides (no more
Star Ocean) if you need. PM me!

[quote name='judyjudyjudy'][quote name='slidecage']
6x NBA LIVE 2005 Guides
6x INCREADABLES
1 Smackdown vs raw
[/quote]

WWE Smackdown x3
The Incredibles x3
NBA Live 2005 x3
DOA U x3
[/quote]

I'm just going to offer them up to other CAGs who had stores that were OOS. I have no use for them but I figured I'd snag as many as I can before BB just dumps them in the trash.

[quote name='valkyriesound']I've got lots of guides for trade!

Any 2 (YES 2 except for Star Ocean) of my guides for the ones I'm
looking for!

For trade:
1 Star Ocean guide ( This one only for one of yours!)
1 Dead or Alive Ultimate
1 Pimkin 2
1 Smackdown vs Raw
1 Maxpayne 2
3 Manhut
1 Super Mario Advance 4 (SMB 3)
1 Sonic DX
1 Jak 2
1 Need for Speed Underground 1
2 Mario Kart DD
1 Tomb Raider AOD
2 F-zero
2 XIII
2 True Crime SOLA
1 Sims Busting out
1 Yu Gi Oh Sacred cards
2 Medal of Honor rising Sun

WANTED:

Burnout 3
Star Wars Battlefront
Spiderman 2
Van Hesling
Bujinai
Fire Emblem

Got something else? Make me an offer. For my newer
guides I'll want something from my wanted list. Otherwise
I want to get rid of these others... so 2 for 1 people!
I mail everything media mail from the Los Angeles Area.
I may be able to get more of the new BB guides (no more
Star Ocean) if you need. PM me![/quote]

You have been PMed!

Here's what I got tonight (from Kennewick, WA):
Star Wars: Battlefront
Dead or Alive Ultimate
WWE Smackdown VS. RAW
The Incredibles
TMNT2: Battle Nexus
Pikmin 2

[quote name='smartasien']Are the prices for these guides going to last the week? Cuz I wanna go and get some.[/quote]

These are most likely permanant drops in price. While the prices will last, they won't be getting any more in, so stock most likely won't.

[quote name='TimTucker'][quote name='smartasien']Are the prices for these guides going to last the week? Cuz I wanna go and get some.[/quote]

These are most likely permanant drops in price. While the prices will last, they won't be getting any more in, so stock most likely won't.[/quote]

Not only that, but lots of stores pull the 1 cent guides on the day that they drop...with these guides at BB these days, it's always best to make it up there as soon as you can to maximize your chances.

Managed to find 2 SW: Battlefront Guides at one store, and ended up giving it to one of the employees who really wanted it. They also had TMNT2 and The Incredibles.

When he went into the back (having the looking like the kid at Xmas look on his face), he came back out with two R&C:UYA guides. :D No Star Ocean 3 guides, unfortunately. :(

I think I may be the only person who bargin hunts for games in my town. This is just further proof:

My guide bounty:

3 Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
6 Incredibles
8 Crash Twinsanity
5 WWE: Smackdown Vs. Raw
2 THUG 2
1 Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal
8 ESPN NBA 2K5
8 Dead or Alive: Ultimate
1 NBA Live 2005

All for the whooping total of $0.42.

Yes, I am looking to make some trades. ^_~

[quote name='wannabepunktony']I think I may be the only person who bargin hunts for games in my town. This is just further proof:

My guide bounty:

3 Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
6 Incredibles
8 Crash Twinsanity
5 WWE: Smackdown Vs. Raw
2 THUG 2
1 Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal
8 ESPN NBA 2K5
8 Dead or Alive: Ultimate
1 NBA Live 2005

All for the whooping total of $0.42.

Yes, I am looking to make some trades. ^_~[/quote]

PM Sent.

I got
ace combat 5
Crash Twinsanity
Dead or Alive Ultimate
Incredibles , The
NBA Live 2005
Pikman 2
Ratchet and Clank Up your Arsenal
Star Ocean 3
Smackdown vs. Raw
Star Wars Battlefront
THUG2
TMNT 2

Like to make a few trades.

i went to my BB today to pick up my order of 3 DOA and 3 Star Wars Battlefront guides...... then i stumpled upon a ace combat 5 book that was in the wrong section and got that too for a penny. Also found some GC w/ the $5 off coupon on it ^^

man the guy who was checking my stuff thought i was a big spender until he saw my recipt XP

does anyone trade for me " STAR OCEAN 3 "
i can give you select " 5!! " guied for you..

ace combat 5 (2)
Crash Twinsanity (8)
Dead or Alive Ultimate (19;; )
Incredibles , The (10)
NBA Live 2005 (5)
Pikman 2 (9)
Ratchet and Clank Up your Arsenal (2)
Smackdown vs. Raw (7)
Star Wars Battlefront (5)
Manhunt (4) TRU;;

please PM me... please..

i called my local store about DOAU and the girl said it was a penny, but it was wrapped up with the game. i call that BS.

[quote name='JCNY23']i called my local store about DOAU and the girl said it was a penny, but it was wrapped up with the game. i call that BS.[/quote]

lol

[quote name='JCNY23']i called my local store about DOAU and the girl said it was a penny, but it was wrapped up with the game. i call that BS.[/quote]

you should have brought both and return the game to get the guide free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back